Float the Drone... Do you consider it Cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
ver funny i guess :p

neway, u could send the drone to more than one location with waypoints?

i mean, could he explore the start locations of the other players wt stopping flying? gotta try that, but maybe u can anser me =P

Jondamon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sure, the float a drone trick is kind of weird, but you guys are sort of overreacting....its not really cheating. If youre talking about using this trick in a melee settings map, theres probably not going to be a circumstance when this trick will be at all useful. If you can come up with one, tell me. It would be very difficult to do while mining since youd probably need exactly 50 minerals. Doing this trick at the start of the game would also be very stupid...it would slow you down alot, initially taking away 2 of your first miners which are essentiel.
Thats it peace out homos :p

Original Raccoon

Premium Member
Reaction score
If your good, it wouldn't slow you down very much at all.
And Infested, I didn't know about that method. Where did you pick that up?

CerebralChain

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I know you're not asking me, but i saw that method in the UMS map "20 tricks", never seen that before. The "normal" way must be much easier.

RedMage

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hm.. interesting. Blizzard knows about the trick, has said they will do something about it, but hasn't.

August 22, 2002
StarCraft Drone Bug
Please note that we are aware of a StarCraft bug that allows drones to move anywhere on the map. The bug is used to start expansions on parts of the map that would otherwise be unreachable until the player researched transportation. Naturally, this gives the player using the exploit an unfair advantage over his or her opponent(s).

We are currently working on a patch to address this issue. We will follow up with another announcement when the patch is available.

-Blizzard Entertainment
That was from http://www.battle.net/scc/

HellAngel[SAS]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think it is cheating. Ur juss abusing their mistake in the game. Also, to anyone out there using map hack you suck cuz u can't win wifout it. I lost when sum guy map hacked and built cannons in my base. It took them around 1 hour 30 min to win, but i was so pissed off. Pure cheapness.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Infested
there's another way to make the drone float without needing less than 100 minerals. u need 2 drones. one u order to build an extractor on a geyser and then shift+rightclick the place u want it to go. the other drone u order to build an extractor on the same geyser. Make sure the 2nd one reaches the extractor first. the first one will then float.
I tried this against someone in an island map. It was really funny but they managed to counter my lings.
theres alot of ways as long u have 100 or lower

Original Raccoon

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just because he Cannon Pushed in your base, makes him a map hacker? Perhaps you did not give enough details.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
evryone do tat when has a chance

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Everyone? Only 2-3 players have cannon rushed me, and they all failed.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
well u no what i mean (at least i hope....)

taydan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NOOOO! i do not think floating a drone is cheating . just becase gameplayers found out theat u could do this before the makers it does not mean that it is a cheat . anyway i do it with my dad and always beat him on island games. he still doesnt know how i get there so quick i wont tell him. i have herd in the next patch they wll fix it so im not going on battle net for some time

taydan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
theres another way to float a drone without having to have less than 100 minerals. u mine between 100 and 199. make the drone build a gyser then build a overlord and then shift click to were u want the drone to go. i made it the hole way across the map

CerebralChain

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Float the Drone... Do you consider it Cheating?

Originally posted by taydan
NOOOO! i do not think floating a drone is cheating . just becase gameplayers found out theat u could do this before the makers it does not mean that it is a cheat . anyway i do it with my dad and always beat him on island games. he still doesnt know how i get there so quick i wont tell him. i have herd in the next patch they wll fix it so im not going on battle net for some time
So what you're saying, is that you base your whole tactic on being able to float the drone. No offence, but that's just stupid.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
indeed

taydan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
eat my pants and there will be a prizeedtltkjrpeojiooooooooooooooooooooowg;jwg;;j;wgjgwj;wgjj;wgjwgjwgj;jwg;jgw;jgwj;gjwgj;ww'ko'a;okefkq' wedf

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Originally posted by taydan
eat my pants and there will be a prizeedtltkjrpeojiooooooooooooooooooooowg;jwg;;j;wgjgwj;wgjj;wgjwgjwgj;jwg;jgw;jgwj;gjwgj;ww'ko'a;okefkq' wedf
Dude Grow Up

Soujiro

Member!
Reaction score
he must be a snot nosed 10 year old punk... But, Float A Drone IS cheating... i mean, if you want to, you can corner your opponent in on a island hop and make spores all around his base, boom, hes blocked in and you win the game...

And i have one question... Who the hell sits around all day and trys to find these frikkin glitches?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
beta testers?

l33t 0n3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by SkuZZy
yeah, it's cheating. I think alot of times people seem to think "If blizzard doesn't fix it, it means it's ok the exploit it". Well, it's not. Blizzard banned several people for abusing the farm bug in warcraft and i'm assuming they would do the same for starcraft if replays were sent to them of people abusing it.
lol I was banned for farm bug ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.