Fave Dota hero

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
hmmm...

i'm not playing public games anymore, so let's say i got no favorite "heroes" , but favorite combinations... championships are normal pick style, so they are..
( Magnus + Faceless + Lion + Death Prophet + PA ) - MASSIVE damage, MASSIVE disabling + good base killing with DP. And PA with empower is nothing to laugh at...

or

( Rhasta + Silencer + Centaur + Furion + Morphling ) TOTAL base nukers.. game might end in 20 minutes, double infernals + serpent wards + treants just KILLZ any base... but game cannnot last too long with this team...

if fact, i made the scourge combo to counter this sentinel combo, but in the other hand, it's very hard... it's double edged.. the early game for sentinel is completely strong, they might go 9-0 in killed towers ... but if they cannot succeed in killin the main base, and game takes too long... scoutge will get SO powerful they can easily turn the tides against those weak casters.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Squishy said:
My fave heros + summary reason I liked them :
Str: Lucy -- OMG I'm doomed, the bunny told me so. I'm singing in the rain(of fire)
I'm singing in the rain(of fire) sneaky tower kill :D

Agi: PA -- Getting BF b4 lvl 14, u can rock sololy lately.

**Int: Necro -- Opportunist!! waiting to pwn sum1 with less than 45% hp w/ maxed ulti (+ use dagon n death pulse to lower hp.) also a healer too btw... ...

The "Oh, shit" button is "D" while running away same goes to Lucy. No such button for PA 'coz if u play her well, she won't needed it late game.

(**) indicate my abs. best favor.
:( pa sucks now, they totally nerfed Coup de Gras, so shes nothing at lvl 1-15 now because her criticals arent going to be high, i usually do good with her but i was getting owned that game. it was stupid

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Str: Slardar
Agi: Gondar/Yumero
Int: Lion/Furion

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My favorite hero remains Lycan, Slardar's kinda slipped for me, I guess he's not entirely my type of hero. Sven crept up there behind my back though. Although I have to admit, he gave me a new reason to hate the Diffusal Blade. Naix is fun, but only if I can survive long enough to get some good STR items. =\ Nothing pisses people off quite as much as Naix simply refusing to lay down and just die.

For the most part, STR heroes are where I specialize, though sometimes I swear the Lycan should be an AGI hero. :p

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Slardar is pretty straightfoward to use: Sneak up, WAr Stomp, Amp damage, attack. If the person is low on life, sprint to catch up and thwack him before he gets help or tower support.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Slardar makes for an interesting support hero too. With a Guinsoo's, he can stomp a whole team, sheep a potentially deadly enemy, and also use Amplify to either screw over a stealthing hero or just screw over someone in general.

Sometimes, when I play as Lycan against a good Slardar, I make a BKB just so I can actually fight him... Stomp + Amplify + Bash is a very ugly combination. Hell, when I fight Slardar, I often wish that the Lycan didn't have a ranged type attack in wolf form.

And yeah, I'm pretty damn sure by now that he's counted as a ranged hero in wolf form. I can only guess that the reason is balance, since if he counted as a melee hero and had a Basher, the stun would proc far too often for him to be fair. As it is, it's not quite that he's a permastunner with a Basher. It only feels like it to some people because he's one of the most unforgiving heroes once an opponent is stunned. I'm pretty sure that if he counted as melee in wolf form, he'd easily be one of the cheapest heroes in the game. Then again, I may be a bit biased here. He IS my favorite hero after all. :p

minny

6 years and going strong!
Reaction score
1) Purest Thunderwrath ( I think thats his name.. he is Arthus)
2) Morphling
3) Phantom Assassin
4) Pudge 2.0
5) Tormented soul

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
well i like the earthshaker(NE) i can keep him alive for a while his ulti is underpowered but his one skill when ever you cast a spell it basically casts war stomp as well as the spell so it all balences out.
with the UD idk i kinda like the lifestealer but i also liked the old pudge and now i have yet to use him again

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
Why did I post a thread when I coulda replied here?

Silencer, Skeleton King and Soul Keeper...

Silencer:
A great pusher and can heal which is helpful but his ultimate is pretty shit I think.

Skeleton King:
But boots of tread with this king and mask of madness (and divine rapier if you can later). Do not... do not upgrade his vampiric aura in the beginning! It gives you barely anything. It's best to upgrade his hammer ability and his critical strike first. Run up to a guy and use mask of madness followed by a stun and he'll be dead before he knows it.

Soul Keeper:
Conjure Image isn't his best skill and I wouldn't upgrade it till the rest are. First get soul steal to gain health from creeps and then metamorphosis to attack creeps from distances. Once you're at a high level with most of your abilities, metamorphosize, then conjure image and attack him (never use soul steal with your copy around it'll give it away) and when your about to die, use Sunder to own their arses.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Silencer:
A great pusher and can heal which is helpful but his ultimate is pretty shit I think
That so called Silence ability is the only thing that keeps Goblin Tekkies from running up to your ass and exploding in your face.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
morbidgolem said:
Silencer, Skeleton King and Soul Keeper...

Silencer:
A great pusher and can heal which is helpful but his ultimate is pretty shit I think.

Skeleton King:
But boots of tread with this king and mask of madness (and divine rapier if you can later). Do not... do not upgrade his vampiric aura in the beginning! It gives you barely anything. It's best to upgrade his hammer ability and his critical strike first. Run up to a guy and use mask of madness followed by a stun and he'll be dead before he knows it.

Soul Keeper:
Conjure Image isn't his best skill and I wouldn't upgrade it till the rest are. First get soul steal to gain health from creeps and then metamorphosis to attack creeps from distances. Once you're at a high level with most of your abilities, metamorphosize, then conjure image and attack him (never use soul steal with your copy around it'll give it away) and when your about to die, use Sunder to own their arses.
WOW you are trying to tell us not no use vamp aura in early game? what about your 16-18 healing per attack in lvl 7 ? not counting your creeps that benefit from it...

WOW again, silencer's ultimate sux? WTF i find permasilence completely useful, for publics or teams, you can take taht zeus out of fight like forever..

AND OMFG WOW conjure image is not TB's best skill? slit your wrists and die in peace

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I completely disagree with the Silence as I said. But skeleton king? Man, you need that vamp aura. He can be a Slardar/N'iax hybrid if used properly.

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
In the first few levels Skeleton King is too weak to gain any real benefit from vampiric Aura. And I said in the early game which means at level 7 or so would be the smart time.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
morbidgolem said:
In the first few levels Skeleton King is too weak to gain any real benefit from vampiric Aura. And I said in the early game which means at level 7 or so would be the smart time.
man, his attack @ low levels is still high, like 60-70
that means you're gaining at least 15 hp per attack
HOW CAN THAT BE BAD! ><

try buying 2 tarrasques if you think that isn't good WTF

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
On the other hand, critical strike mixed with vampiric aura gives you a lot of health back if the critical works.
This is the only case though.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I find the Venomancer annoying for characters like Slardar. He runs, hurts you with poison arrows, then he fires a poison knife. Then later, he runs into a group, Poison Nova! Everything dies from poison1

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Vamp aura gives you early super regen.

Storm bolt level gives you a good stun/nuke to help you keep your opponent fountaining or help your ally kill. Also lets you land a strike.

Critical is more important late levels.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Vamp aura later is good. You can go to the creeps in the forest, kill them and regain some energy. That way, you don't have to walk 100 miles back to your base to heal.