Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
Holy shit...
Medusa is overpowered, not imbalanced
Siren and terrorblade are way too overpowered, but not imbalanced
but, troll , slardar and faceless void well played cannot be beaten 1x1
Admitting that u didn't suck all game long,and have 3 special items (im not revealing those, but only one of them is costy) a medusa with AEGIS - RAPIER - BUTTERFLY - AGHANIM - GUINSOO - TREADS cannot kill you.
it's just that in this game permastun > all .
Slardar cuz of -15 amor and tons hp + PERMASTUN
Faceless cuz of TIME STOP + PERMASTUN
and the best one, troll:
he's got Godly attack rate + a str hero HP + a real nice dmg + ** REAL PERMASTUN **
i'm thinking 'bout writing a troll playing guide and strategies against EVERY hero in the game, but im afraid of having too many pro trolls over the net, and having to keep fast clickin to choose him :)

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Holy shit...
Medusa is overpowered, not imbalanced
Siren and terrorblade are way too overpowered, but not imbalanced
but, troll , slardar and faceless void well played cannot be beaten 1x1
Admitting that u didn't suck all game long,and have 3 special items (im not revealing those, but only one of them is costy) a medusa with AEGIS - RAPIER - BUTTERFLY - AGHANIM - GUINSOO - TREADS cannot kill you.
it's just that in this game permastun > all .
Slardar cuz of -15 amor and tons hp + PERMASTUN
Faceless cuz of TIME STOP + PERMASTUN
and the best one, troll:
he's got Godly attack rate + a str hero HP + a real nice dmg + ** REAL PERMASTUN **
i'm thinking 'bout writing a troll playing guide and strategies against EVERY hero in the game, but im afraid of having too many pro trolls over the net, and having to keep fast clickin to choose him

Most likely if something is overpowered then it'd be due to a flaw or imbalance in the character..Kay. Multi-shot is overpowered thus adding imbalance in the game.

Siren and Terrorblade are perfectly. balanced. They're both late game heroes and really most people complain about them being too weak. Mainly because they don't know how to play them. Revealing these 'special' items would be nice so we can comprehend how they can be viewed as overpowered. Three Divines would do that. Really though.. To be a good Terrorblade and Siren you really don't need any costly items till extremely late game. Diffusal and Crystalis (Or Diffusal and Ingreds. to build up to Butterfly or MKB) are perfectly fine until very late game.

If anything is imbalanced its the ability to go perma-stun. Regardless, a perma stun hero is easier to stop then you think. If you're against a newbie then you'll farm no problem up to the items required to get Perma-stun going. We all know the various perma-stun combos, pretty much. Void and Slardar don't need their ultimates to perma-stun, either.

Troll. Trolls easy to use, but a bit harder to dominate with. Oh, btw he's not a STR Hero and his Atk speed isn't much greater then your common MoM user.
Since you refuse to state your 'super-secret strategy to complete godliness' I'll tell mine which according to most people on the TDA forums who are GOOD players use.

Conveniently named The Stat Troll

Go your Atk speed aura first then alternate it between stats. Get ultimates at their respective levels. Very simple.

Item choice will take you down two paths. You can go Perma-stun or Dmg/Slow Range.

Melee Stat Troll:
Get your melee mode about level 12. By the time you get your Lvl 16 ulti you'll be maxed or a level off maxed on melee mode. Without ultimate at lvl 16 your chances are perma stun aren't as good.

Items:
Treads, of course
Fill all slots(Except treads slot) with +3 all stat crowns.
MoM, optional
C-bash, aim for 2-3.

Really thats all you need.

Range Stat Troll:
Attack speed aura and stats. Keep getting respectively. Never get your melee mode and only get Blind when it won't let you get a stat. Keep pouring into stats and get ulti at their respective levels.

My personal favorite path. It easily destroys perma-stunners and rips through most other heroes.

Items:
Treads, of course
Fill all slots(Except treads slot) with +3 all stat crowns.
Crystalis to Burize, Butterfly, or MKB (Damage route)
or
Skadi

You'd think Skadi is expensive and it will take you a while to get, but really it's not at all.

Why A 'Stat' Troll? Stats are overlooked. Gives you an amazing edge early-late game. Also, Blind is pretty useless. Being range you can easily escape being hit, Melee troll will stun so much being hit won't happen much anyways. Blind is really short, anyways. Going a 'Stat Troll' lets you farm quicker, get higher damage, and easily face 1-2 INT heroes without problem.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Clinks can and always will be my favorite DOTA hero. He is just so badass later on. The only other close second is the assasin.

azn_dudex

Member!
Reaction score
AM is still da bomb cause if im up against strength base hero with little mana i could always go for the slayer build and drain there mana before they could cast anything on me. PA is sweet 2 but she 2 much of a late game bloomer. Her level 16 crit is insane.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
lizardbreath said:
Clinks can and always will be my favorite DOTA hero. He is just so badass later on. The only other close second is the assasin.
Try telling me that AFTER you get the Sacred Rapier

ChrisH36

Reaction score
To make it fair, they should have split the damage on the barrages a bit.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have yet to meet medusa user :( maybe Im missing outthe actions~!!! :(

ChrisH36

Reaction score
minny said:
The pudge 2.0 ROXXORS
Hahaha, yeah the abom is kinda funny!

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pudge 2.0 is kinda annoying to use, personally, but still fun. Meathooking is a bit tricky, but once you get it down, it's really annoying and really fun. :D

Although it annoys me when some suicidal Pudge starts Rotting all the damn time when he barely has the HP or STR to do it... Maybe I'm missing something, since I don't play Pudge much, but I usually wait 'til late game or for a REALLY low HP enemy hero...

minny

6 years and going strong!
Reaction score
My friends leave when i pick pudge, cause they know ill pwn them all :)
Pudge+Aegis+heart=Immortality

ChrisH36

Reaction score
lizardbreath said:
Come back and tell me when you get a Clinkz and a Sacred Rapier for him :)

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Come back and tell me when you get a Clinkz and a Sacred Rapier for him :)

more like Divine Rapier ^^ - hehe.

i like doing 3v3 dota and i can own most of the games with either maiden or moon rider... and yes i have faced medusa with my maiden - i died once and killed 22 heroes :/ .

moon rider went well i had about same kills as with maiden but maybe 4 deaths. by the time i got my items it was clearly gg, i couldnt be killed.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Dream_walker said:
moon rider went well i had about same kills as with maiden but maybe 4 deaths. by the time i got my items it was clearly gg, i couldnt be killed
That is the basis of EVERY Dota or RPG type game.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
LOL...
People that complain about TB and Siren being weak should die, SERIOUSLY. *sigh*

If you can't afford waiting until lvl 12 to start playing, go play zeus and be a noob for all your life.

Jenny, calm yourself man, there's no need to insult here. If you think people on TDA channel are the best ones, there's a lot of REAL GOOD players you don't know yet.
I use the stats troll, and i know it's not a new strategy; and I KNOW THAT troll is agility, AND NO WAY his attack speed is like MoM users. I didn't mean to say i'm the best dota player on the world ( everybody thinks it of themselves, so WTF) when I joked about not telling the items i usually get. BTW, the items i 99% of the time get are boots, then desolator, complete treads, C.basher then hyperstone(or butter if im really rich; or BKB against heavy nukers[Lion, Lina{finger and laguna won't kill me alone w/o stun}, Luna]).

TROLL IS NOT MY PRIMARY CHOICE as a hero, I'm not trying to defend him as a (*&¨%$# hero.

What i said is that troll has abnormal HP for a ranged hero, and still gains 100 hp on mellee mode, gettin his HP near STR guys' HP (u're failing on reading comprehension =p) . And for the MoM part, someone with MoM and treads will attack 130% faster and runs a lil bit faster for 8 seconds, BUT will take 50% more damage (try turning MoM on against troll, you'll see your life going DOOOOOOWN) - while the troll w/o MoM rampaged attacks 180% faster and runs 21% more, taking no extra dmg. The cooldown on rampage is shitty 60 sec. i guess, and there's no point on wasting your orb like slot with MoM. Desolator hurts waaay more, as you can get it @ lvl 12-14, when people cannot afford to have -6 armor.

As for the medusa part, yes, she's strong, and wtf, w/e, mass noob killer, and so on.. But if her team is not gonna let you kill her alone, so won't yours let them kill you. A decent team has stunners, AoE casters, so on... I'm not saying that troll can beat medusa + a whole lotta gang of heroes. I'm saying that i got a nice strat for PLAYING troll, and that i find him way more " imbalanced " then other heroes. I say "imbalanced" because i guess that there's no "imba" hero, but heroes that have a much bigger potential to be hero killers, and troll - faceless - slardar - PA -TB - siren - Lina are those ones, for me.

If any of you have a real good conection, whisper me at bnet, i'd be glad to invite you to a dota game with the best guys i know, and this will be a nice game.
There are 4 guys that i can tell which are best. The best TB i've seen around was YodaSorc ( a TDA guy, curiosly - badmannered but very skilled), the best furion Djpk.Cu13a, the best Siren is deathman[cK], and the best Lina is me, for real. (ask Spirit.moon if he thinks he's the best 1x1 ladder around the world - he'll thumbs up to you / I'm not trying to promote myself as something im not.)

( my acc is Ladyiris, /w me if you want )

DOTA IS BALANCED AND 6.01 IS BULLSHIT, back to 5.84b days please =))

And i hope there's no necessity to comment that a lvl 16 troll with treads only will not kill a centaur lvl 25 with 3 hearts, he's not God man.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I never insulted you. However, maybe I should have?

I also never said all TDA players were good. I simply stated most good trolls I've seen got stat troll and most good players on the TDA Forums give a thumbs up on the stat troll build. I never said every TDA player is good, or real good at that.

What i said is that troll has abnormal HP for a ranged hero, and still gains 100 hp on mellee mode, gettin his HP near STR guys' HP (u're failing on reading comprehension =p)
Actually you said..
a str hero HP
His HP is not that high and some agility heroes have more HP then strength. Your statement of 'a str hero HP' is completely stupid considering Naix has 800 HP or so at around lvl 12 and many strength heroes have rather low HP. Reading comprehension only applies to properly formed sentences, not incorrect fragments. =P

As for the medusa part, yes, she's strong, and wtf, w/e, mass noob killer, and so on.. But if her team is not gonna let you kill her alone, so won't yours let them kill you. A decent team has stunners, AoE casters, so on... I'm not saying that troll can beat medusa + a whole lotta gang of heroes. I'm saying that i got a nice strat for PLAYING troll, and that i find him way more " imbalanced " then other heroes. I say "imbalanced" because i guess that there's no "imba" hero, but heroes that have a much bigger potential to be hero killers, and troll - faceless - slardar - PA -TB - siren - Lina are those ones, for me.
Medusa is no doubt the most imbalanced hero in the game. Anyone (but you apparently) will agree hands down. A decent team wouldn't be playing a pick game where they are guranteed a stunner and/or caster. You apparently never have played a good Medusa. Medusa is easy to own with if you know how to player her. Nukes are nothing since Cloak of Magus/Manashield voids it, pretty much. It's extremely easy to get Rapier/Revive with her, infact atleast 2/3 games I get her I always end up with Rapier/Revive.

I can't say I care who you think is the best at what character. I don't know any of them and I probably never will. I also do not care if you arethe best Slayer, either. There's no way of deciding who's best at what or who's pro and who's not. Either way, who cares?

Excuse the minor insulting in this thread. You deserved it for calling me man.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
WTF
I tried to explain, but I give up
I've played more dota games than you imagine, and i have already lost MANY times to good medusas, pro medusas, godlike medusas, and so on.
BUT already owned a lot of them, and seen people owning them too.

If you say that 2/3 of the times u got aegis-rapier, i suppose most of those 1/3 times were which the other team was good enough to offer you resistance?

If all you can do is keep saying that a pro medusa is GG, you fear a hero.
If you fear a hero in the other side, it's time for you to start thinking about a counter.
(how 'bout a morph with heart(s) / diffusal and a spellstealed stun?) just a hint :rofl2

AND I don't give a damn if you don't care about who i think that are the best, it's a public forum and other people might be curious, interested on watching replays and improving their skills or simply ignore what i said, rather then keep flaming people with irony and sarcasm.

still, i don't want to insult. I always try to do constructive critics.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
With Medusa I never needed help from my team. I avoided getting ganked. I avoided squabbles and only pushed when I had Claymore and Edge with Point booster and Magus cloak with a V-stone.

Alls you need to do is farm, farm, and farm. Get Hero kills when you see a hero low health. You really don't need to be team dependant with Medusa.

Slapping random high edge items on some random hero as a counter for Medusa isn't taking in the possibilities that hero gets put against an early game power house preventing farming. The thing about Medusa, regardless of her lane opponent with multi-shot farming is far, far from a problem.

I'm not afraid of Medusas because I've yet to play one lately that does Rapier/Revive. Only ones that have of course, required my entire team to drop and focus fire. Sadly that Medusa's team was complete noob otherwise it would have been prevented.

You're right. Someone may care, but watching replays doesn't help nor does knowing 'supposed' good peoples names. This isn't a public forum.. It requires a membership.

By the way, I really haven't flamed you at all.