Fave Dota hero

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I once defeated one orc player in orc mirror. Had a farseer and was chased by 8 enemies. I ran in circles around my base as towers and armed burrows started shooting at the units. When I got below 100 life, I buy a potion and keep killing. Made the BM run back and lose 7 of his men. Then we went and creamed him! Har har, potions are helpful for many reasons. Especially in deadlock and they get thier air and focus fire on a hero.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
morbidgolem said:
But if you get attacked by a spell that gives you time to die like doom, and you can't use any spells to defend yourself against it since it also silences you, a healing item would be useful.
This comes from a guy that had a Lucifer cast Doom on Vengeful Spirit and Soul Keeper and died from it. Soul Keeper should have been able to soul steal a creep to regain health but was also silenced.

Plus, I see that Lion sucks at the end, is my theory correct that if I pawn early in the game he'll be good later?
Correction. Doom silences everything. You can't use items while doomed.

Healing potions are a waste. Clarities aren't.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
In Melee, its an item held at Orc Voodoo Lounges, Night Elf Ancient of Wonders, and Human Arcane Vaults. If you drink it, you will recover mana over a period of time. Until either the length is expired or you have been attacked (Non-Combat Consumable).

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
OK
But I really just need you guys to tell me 2 things.
1. Leviathan strategy
2. how to counter/stop doom

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Doom cannot be stopped. Unless you keep it under control. I think doom will just keep doing damage until the enemy dies and it stops working.

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
I guess that means one thing... hence the name doom, eh?

Also I take it from the fact that no-one has given me a Leviathan strategy, it means that either no-one uses him or that his tank-like girth and simple attacks render him with no real strategy.
But this doesn't make him a noob character right?
...right?!

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Jenny said:
Here is a Leviathan strat..

Don't spam and double post, geyboi.

All heroes are item dependant. Centaur going stat/stomp is less so then most. Stat/Stomp is crazy. The sniper also doesn't need early kills. He just needs to farm with scatter shot since it basically is like, "Here is 3240932489 gold."

i didnt go stomp/stat. i went stomp/double edge. leviathan needs to get treads/mom and get gush leveled up to be decent. if they try to run, use ravage or w/e (the ult). turn on mom and hope for the best.

and doom is pretty cheap, but all i can say is run to the fountain and hope 16/18 (dont know) seconds of terror passes by with you still being alive!

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
NtRik_ said:
soul keeper.. I just go buriz + desolator for teh win

but meh, I find heros with crit attack the best, then I can just get battle fury and desolator :)
soulkeeper means skadi , basher, manta style and hyperstone for the GG =)

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
Dream_Walker said:
leviathan needs to get treads/mom and get gush leveled up to be decent. if they try to run, use ravage or w/e (the ult). turn on mom and hope for the best.

and doom is pretty cheap, but all i can say is run to the fountain and hope 16/18 (dont know) seconds of terror passes by with you still being alive!
Hey does doom also silence active items?

I still think Leviathan's second skill can protect him from doom sometimes...

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
doom in some games dosnt stop life stealing items or auras but thats only some games i wouldnt know about dota

Back to heros anyway
I think they should redo zues cause he is so lame

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Not many people pick Zeus anymore. With new heroes like Enigma and N'aix being chosen, the popularity with Zeus is fading. In 5.84b, any game you play would have Zeus. In 6.00+, I have played 20 games and I have not seen Zeus, except once but he was on our team and he wasn't gay with Thundergod's Wrath.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
morbidgolem said:
Hey does doom also silence active items?

I still think Leviathan's second skill can protect him from doom sometimes...
Yes, active items are silenced.

Yes, Leviathan's shell can cancel Doom out. I'm not sure if it is every time it damages or if its just when it's casted..

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
Jenny said:
Yes, active items are silenced.

Yes, Leviathan's shell can cancel Doom out. I'm not sure if it is every time it damages or if its just when it's casted..
every time it damages
like shadow strike
every time it activates, you have a chance of dispelling

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Doom prevents people from casting spells by default. Then takes damage per second and becomes a demon. However, now its no demon since it would probably be cheap.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Not many people pick Zeus anymore. With new heroes like Enigma and N'aix being chosen, the popularity with Zeus is fading. In 5.84b, any game you play would have Zeus. In 6.00+, I have played 20 games and I have not seen Zeus, except once but he was on our team and he wasn't gay with Thundergod's Wrath.
naix is new?

I played enigma.. I think, didnt really liked him, tho I won the game with humongous kills...

his first skill owned! :D

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
no naix is not new. yes enigma is fun!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I see N'aix more often that is what I mean. He is part of the new gen of dota heroes that are oftenly picked.