Fave Dota hero

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Sniper can just hex and run. He's not a big time hero killer, but he has no probo escaping and supporting. Low HP is a probo but scattershot farms so quick it can quickly be taken care of.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
x42bn6 said:
Or Hex it and get Aghanim's Scepter. Double Assassinate is very nasty.

Made worse with mass Sentry Wards.*
you know theyre talking about sniper right? he cant get aghanims! unless your meaning refresher orb, then that might be worth it.

Biske

Reaction score
Wow, no idea Fuzzy was a good Hero. His ult along with that attack speed increase and his slow move rock most heros, as long as it's a 1v1, otherwise he's toast.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
x42bn6 said:
Or Hex it and get Aghanim's Scepter. Double Assassinate is very nasty.

Made worse with mass Sentry Wards.*
Or you could screw the system and get the Refresher Orb. Really annoying if used by someone like Zeus... double thundergods :p.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Dream_Walker said:
you know theyre talking about sniper right? he cant get aghanims! unless your meaning refresher orb, then that might be worth it.
Yeah, Refresher Orb, whatever; I rarely get those items anyway.

I tend to prefer creeping heroes that don't nuke, so I don't get Aghanim's Scepter or Refresher Orb.*

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
neither do i. the only thing i might consider getting refrehser on is maiden or doom bringer. double doom is nasty, and having another freezing field ready is handy!

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Dream_Walker said:
neither do i. the only thing i might consider getting refrehser on is maiden or doom bringer. double doom is nasty, and having another freezing field ready is handy!
Nah, do it for the Necrolyte. With Reaper's Scythe at Level 1, you can reduce an opponent to below half health and do double Reaper's Scythe to finish off the opponent. At Level 3, you only need to take off just over a quarter to finish off the opponent. This is why a Dagon is good for the Necrolyte; to reduce the health to the limit or to finish off the opponent if you didn't judge the remaining health, and Death Pulse doesn't either.

I swear, this becomes imbalanced later, once you take into account the obscene damage the Necrolyte deals anyway.*

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
yes, necrolyte owns str heroes. his heart stopper takes off a reasonably large portion of life (example, if say a treant protecter has 5k life, hes taking 50 damage per second, which isnt all too bad) and his death pulse HEALS him and DAMAGES the enemy, wow! what a skill! the sadist is excellent skill, and reapers scythe is nice for stopping channeling and or killing heroes. i tend to always get dagon, and look the other way at aghanims. but i dont really think a refresher orb is required, but thats my opinion. plus, i dont get that far in the game -_-; finding people to stay with me and my buddies is really hard! :(

ChrisH36

Reaction score
To regards with the Refresher Orb, I see it as a benefit towards caster heroes like Lion (double FoD) or Lina (double Laguna). OR any long time charge abilities that you wish to use again.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
ya, double Laguna or FoD would be extremely nasty, add a guinsoos to that for more slaughter!

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I don't like R. Orb. Just seems like it ends up costing so much mana that really you're getting shorted on mana.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Casters have the mana to support 2 of thier ultimates and be able to refresh effectlively. Other heroes might have issues, but some really don't.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
well if you wanted you could buy a soul booster to help pay for the mana required. thats what i did with my lucy with doom and refresher

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That helps, seeing as you would require roughly 3k more gold to forge it. Refresher Orb isn't really that hard to forge either, just costly.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
yes also on somebody like luna too. it gives her some decent life, mana and some life/mana regen. after that i just mass perseverence :)

Biske

Reaction score
Woah, you mean perseverence stacks with other perseverences?

Biske

Reaction score
Wow, I never knew, so you could get like 24 hp regen a sec, with 3 Perseverences.