Fave Dota hero

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Any life or mana regens stack. It just adds the extra hit points per second and such.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
naix is lame, get to lvl 16 and its almost a win because of the stupid avatar. plus with his psn and anabolic frenzy.
krikkit: yes perseverence stack, thats why i make 4 of them :) also, i cant think of anything else to buy, unless maybe a lothars ><

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You still remember that time I outmeleed N'aix with Gondar. He was like all "OMFG HOW GONDAR OUTMELEE NAIX", then he leaves. The earlier you stop Naix, the easier it is to fight him later on with good items.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
yea i guess thats how it goes, but in pubs people just dont realize that, then the whole nine yards goes with naix being all uber and stuff then they complain that we suck and they leave. thats one of the many reasons i dont like dota now, too many leavers thinking theyre 1337.
like today: (playing lycan) i owned zeus 2 times with double damage and he left, made an account that was harassing me (dreamwalker2nub) and started calling me a fag. i was like wtf go die. < im good with lycan :D

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Its amazing what sore losers can do. As with you, I don't like noobs or people who don't know what each mode does. If you can't play right, either improve your skills or don't play the game.

Biske

Reaction score
Each mode, I know all but like 2, what is -SM?

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
short mode.. it makes all the towers weaker, and your hero gains more experience.

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
Sorry to interupt this mode discussion right now and sorry again to pester you all with my ignorant n00bage playing but I really need a strategy to beat my friend's Axe.
I need a strategy with any one of these heroes, please:

Lich

Tide Hunter

Soul Keeper

Vengeful Spirit

Nerubian Weaver

Omniknight

Also what does Diffusal blade do? What does purge do I mean?

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
lol more fun from morbidgolem :p
purge slows down an enemy unit tremendously for a certain amount of time.

Shadow_Cat_59

Reaction score
morbidgolem said:
Sorry to interupt this mode discussion right now and sorry again to pester you all with my ignorant n00bage playing but I really need a strategy to beat my friend's Axe.
I need a strategy with any one of these heroes, please:

Lich

Tide Hunter

Soul Keeper

Vengeful Spirit

Nerubian Weaver

Omniknight

Also what does Diffusal blade do? What does purge do I mean?
As Dream_Walker said, purge slows down an enemy for a certain amount of time (Medusa's ultimate is purge).

Personally, I would probably use Tide Hunter or Soul Keeper against Axe, but that's just me. Leviathan mainly because he has his AoE damage to match axe's counterhelix and a armor reducing nuke, and Terrorblade mainly because of sunder and soul steal. However, I think that preventing Axe from farming is essential so he doesn't gain too many strong items too fast. It really depends on what type of Axe strategy your friend uses.

For example, if he uses Battle Hunger early game, then I would say go with Terrorblade because of Soul Steal, and how that basically negates Battle Hunger. If your friend goes with the AoE Call and Counter Helix, then perhaps you might want to use Tide Hunter because he can atleast semi-match the damage that his effect deals (Axe deals 175 at all lvls, while Leviathan deals 220 - I believe - at level 4 with a 20% chance).

If you would maybe elaborate more on your friend's Axe strategy, then it may be easier for people to help you :)

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
its 100/125/150/175 now, but still tide hunter would be a good counter. he is also a good counter for lucy, since he basically cant die to doom thanks to his kraken shell. i also think invoker would be a nice counter, as his disarm can prevent someone from attacking for quite a while. he can also invoke levitation to get away from sneaky situations.

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
Strategies my friend uses eh... well he usually spams me with battle hunger and just runs head on into me. He usually kills me by attacking me head-on. He also ambushes me a lot. He doesn't use battle call a lot since I'm ranged but he does it when he ambushes me so I attack him and he attacks me and I do frost nova and I die. So his strategy is just:
Spam battle hunger, ambush and attack head-on.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
OMG
1. its not hard to frost nova a creep to kill it
2. its not hard run
3. wheres your friggen ult? -chain frost im guessing?

Shadow_Cat_59

Reaction score
If your friend spams you with battle hunger, then I'd suggest using the heroes I said, mainly soul keeper. His soul steal would basically counter it, and sunder would probably save you/kill him if he decided to ambush you. If you want to use a ranged hero (Lich) then I'd suggest spamming your nukes on him at the start, and make him back up to heal and therefore not farm too much. If he uses battle hunger, use nova on a weak creep to kill it, and if he charges at you, then I'd suggest running back towards a tower (if possible) as soon as you see him. If you don't already do this, use the mini map as much as possible to avoid ambushes. If hes chasing you and theres, say, a few enemy creeps around, I'd say cast your chain frost and nuke him. Hope this helps a bit...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I find it easier to remove battle hunger off a hero with a high damage spell used against a weak creep. Either that or you can heal yourself or farm a quick unit. But also Axe will be attacking you to hasten the effects of the BH.

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
That's the problem with killing a creep to get rid of Battle Hunger, coz Axe keeps attacking me and by the time I walk over to a creep and frost nove it I'm nearly dead.
Besides, it was only a few days ago I found out what Battle Hunger actually does (I know now btw so don't tell me)

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
then its your fault for running around with such low life. seriously, wtf do you do? try buying nulls or something to improve his life. dont tower hug so you dont have to "run" up to a creep to frost nova him, and what did you feed axe because he cant kill you THAT fast.

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
the time I'm describing I was running back from the creeps fighting (forgot the reason) and Axe ran into me and that's what happened. Btw on that occasion I actually killed Axe but he then killed me with Battle Hunger.
I can beat my friend fine when I'm Lich but when he's Axe he owns me. Btw throughout the game he was harrassing me along with the antimage on his team.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
oh so it wasnt 1v1? hmm. then i would prefer to own him with tormented soul :)