Fave Dota hero

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
Please elaborate on your decision to use Tormented Soul.

WHY ISN'T ANYBODY HELPING ME?! This is a place to discuss DotA strategies, I need to beat my friend fast coz he just keeps bragging and bragging. In DotA Allstars they said that Axe is a n00b char and that there is no surefire way of countering him. Btw I tried that thing you said that meant me doing life steal to kill a creep to get rid of battle hunger. Well while I'm life stealing axe is hurting and hurting me.

HELP

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Just use a powerful regular spell on a creep that is at red life. Simple as that!

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Tell your friend to quite being a pussy and try a different Hero, same with you.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
or let me 1v1 and poon his ass. if he needs help with some other friend, ill turn his heart to cold with crystal maiden.

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Just use a powerful regular spell on a creep that is at red life. Simple as that!
While I'm doing that my friend is meanwhile pummelling me with his superior damage (due to his being a strength char and all) because he usually ambushes me and uses battle hunger, it's not like we're both in middle lane and he's just trying to piss me off.

or let me 1v1 and poon his ass. if he needs help with some other friend, ill turn his heart to cold with crystal maiden.
Good idea, that'll learn him a thing or too. But getting someone else to do my work would be looking like a pussy, so I'll just try my luck at tide hunter as it appears by now there is no surefire counter for Axe.

Oh yeah, and it sux **** how you can't use manta style images of a metamorphisized TB.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
morbidgolem said:
While I'm doing that my friend is meanwhile pummelling me with his superior damage (due to his being a strength char and all) because he usually ambushes me and uses battle hunger, it's not like we're both in middle lane and he's just trying to piss me off.
Keep damagin him and freezing him so he cannot run up to you and use battle hunger. Besides, I said Red life, and killing something at red life isn't that difficult.

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
I told you, it's when he ambushes me. So he comes up from behind me. But yeh staying in the same lane as him would be smarter of me.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Stop making excuses. Being ambushed so easily just means you are not being careful. A dota player must be ready for anything, even attacks from behind and such. Even in melee you have to be ready for anything. Get your confidence and readiness up then come back when you play a dota game.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
a. buy a blink dagger
b. dont run back to your base, run in the other direction. he WANTS you to run to your base, giving him more times to smack you. outsmart him :)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
morbidgolem said:
Good idea, that'll learn him a thing or too
You are better off doing it yourself and figuring out a weakness in Axe, you just need to exploit it.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
get invoker. disarm him, meteor him, icey path him, shut him up with the defeaning blast, shroud of flames yourself, levitate, copy yourself to make him look stupid.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Don't you think that is a little too "agressive"?

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
considering hes complete trash now, no :)

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
I told you, it's when he ambushes me. So he comes up from behind me. But yeh staying in the same lane as him would be smarter of me.
battlehunger can be countered with minimal effort of last hitting. if you cant last hit because he runs up to you then nuke him. axe isnt a huge hp beast so it shouldnt be too hard.

another method is to prevent him from using battle hunger in the first place. obvious examples are nerubian beetles mana burn, silencers COTS. silencer is a good example because his glaives cut through armor which is axe's greatest defense.

you can also use LoA. his shield provides leeway in which you can attack axe head on. his ulti also removes all buffs and debuffs so if you are running away on red life you dont have to worry about it killing you.

man just use your imagination. ambushes are prevented by using common sense and minimap.

btw dont ask ppl on dota allstars because they assume your talking about TDAs and high level clan matches.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Axe is only about keeping players in combat. Late game, he isn't much of a threat.

And Clan TDA is useless. CAL > TDA.

youngnottheold1

Reaction score
Earthshaker. One of those rare characters that can take on a group of heroes by himself =D

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Many heroes can take out a group of heroes solo.

I have done it with Lycan of all heroes plenty of times.

Izzu

©
Reaction score
bloodseeker is fun, rupture is cheap.

although puck has become a new favorite :]

New threads