DO money maps take skillz??

9-L

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Money maps take skill..

first of all.. most ppl just go for the carriers.. or BCs .. but a person with skill knows how to take them out easily.. Ive played over 2000 games (from BGH to NC.. and everything in between). and i can tell you that the worst games to play are the NR games.. they teach you the least cause everyone just goes straight for the strong stuff.. regardless of what map you play. but a money map with no rules takes just as much skill as any other map.. and probably even more.. because attacks can come at any minute troughout the game..
but everything has its match.. carriers and BCs can be stopped by corsairs or goons/goliaths targeting the ships (not interceptors). Tanks/goliaths are by far the best strategy i have seen. cause it allows you to adapt to any situation( air or ground).. you just have to keep your eye on them and tell them what to do at every step.

Money maps alow for a game that lets you use more of your force because you have access to all of it early in the game... therefore having more to defend against.

WorldWar003

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.feetman.com
money maps dont really take skill because u have so much money u dont have to space it out through yur units, you can just build mass amounts of units

Dw-Riot

Reaction score
Of course money maps take skill. The only on you dont need is how to budget your minerals and gas before moving on, or chosing which unit to make. It's still a strategy war game.

Sazdy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
in short, yes. some people would argue, but of course they do. for example. Lets try the most common ladder map, lost temple. zero clutter is just like that, except you get money faster. If you are a horrible sc player, it doesnt matter what map your on ... your a horrble sc player!

rune_warrior

Member!
Reaction score
i cant believe this requires so many pages....
ok...
money maps require skill, just not as much as maps like lost temple or zero clutter.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Alrighty...

Money maps (no rush10, 15, 20, 25, 1 hour, etc...)
hell bloody no

Money maps (no rules)
hell yes..

Non-money maps
Hell, the most skill is required here

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well imo money and fastest all have 1 thin g in common

the first perso nto attack wqith a shit loadof units wins. b/c in money maps they go, *o i'll jsut put up 100 cannons. lets seee and i'll mass carriers no problem) then the other place comes with tanks gols M&M and all u have to fight them are cannons and still trying to tech up to cariers. cannons are dead by siegn tanks carriers later die by gols since they need time to make interceptors. destory the probes with M&M insteat win. protoss noob go, why did i tech up to carrier....

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Not true beta...

In money maps, most ppl forget to MICRO since all they think of is massing up units...On those maps..you lose 12 zealots..u think "oh big deal..i can get them all back in an instant"...where as a good player on money map will take care of their units, and actually take the time to micro them...

For example, i was playing a 3v3 the other day on fastest....the 3 toss on the opposite team triple rushed me with about 36 zeals (all of their availible force)... while i had about 20-25 marines and 4 medics....with micro..i was able to fend of all 36 zeals with minimal casualties... therefore, my allies can counter them and then it will be easier to win the game

eX[o]pseD-

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Money Maps require LITTLE skill, this is why so many newbies play these sort of maps, and hence, is given its appropiate title of being a newbie map.

On the other hand, ladder maps add new dimensions to the game, (you can only learn this if you regularly play ladder maps)and hence require a lot more skills. There is NO comparison between the two types of maps. You either like one or the other.

I've retired but have played starcraft for a good 5 years, and started off playing NR20 maps and built up to non-money and the difference in tactics, strategy and gameplay is everything.

In short, Money maps are there for newbies who *think they got some skills, but under the facet of true RTS, have no skills at all, as evident by comments by others saying they got completly owned when changing to non money maps.

Dw-Riot

Reaction score
I don't care if this sounds newb-ish or not...lol. What is "micro-ing." I never understood it, which is probably why I dont win on melee very often.. Also, I believe that with money maps, the idiots will use all 50 miners for minerals, 20 for gas, and that leaves only 130 supplied for units for battling. People should be more aware that 25 miners and 10-15 men on gas should do it, unless your thinking about a marine drop...Heh heh. Ok, story time...I was in a 3 person free for all, and my one friend is a real newb at starcraft. Its not a insult, he just never heard of it, which insults me...Anyway, he hs a few dropships, and he finds a good sized place for his 2nd base. He moves his units, and after he gets his SCV's and a few marines over, his old base, and dropships are all destroyed in a full force attack by my OTHER friend. The guy who got attacked basically colonized while me and the other guy fought for 20 minutes. He had this obsene tank/goliath/marine attack goin on...i mean, it was actually really good. And then, after using ALL of his supplies, he realizes.."oh shit...I'm on an island." I was laughing so hard....so anyway, me and my other friend team up to piss him off and we do a marine drop...yeah thats right....170 marines. And he is wiped off the map in under minutes. Fun Fun Fun...lol.

124SBD456

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
some what they do. not the same as normal sc maps, but if you as board at normal maps as i am, then money maps can help pass time.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Money maps take out one of the hardest skills to learn. Managing resources. Making it slightly easier to play than regular maps. Which is why blizzard didn't use them in offical tourneys. Why wouls you play money maps? If you play all money maps and someone challenges you to a regular map. How many probes will you make? 15 than your opponent will have already raped you because you weren't getting resources as fast as you would on a money map. Basically what I'm trying to get at is Money maps take LESS skill not no skill.

sprucegoose

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think they take skill becuz when you have that many resources and your opponent does also your gonna have some crazy d and whatnot wich is harder than hell to break through which requires skill

Damouse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yo, of course it takes skill. like some1 said above me, every1s still equal. Hah hah hah, you have idea how many newbs ive seen crushed on money maps. Mwahhaaa

eSc0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
of course you need skills to be good at money maps

and it isnt just mass goons or carriers to win otherwise u'll get killed easily by someone really good

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
money map does not take skills............... all you do is just make 89723509234785782304987987957983429078534285 hatcheries and just mass 1 unit...... and win

eSc0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol and thats y theres counters to each unit which means u shouldnt just mass one type of unit without anything else in it