DO money maps take skillz??

sprucegoose

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol newbie u think that that will work what if the other person does that huh? u hafta find a way into their base and since they have tons of minerals and a rock hard defense its hard 2 beat them

eSc0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
who are u talking to?

btw, i saw some of those replays on the wgtour.com and they were very good

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
for the millionth time..massing one unit will not help you win the game..that is another reason why money maps DO take skillz

eSc0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
duh duh thats what im tring to say

if i play with toss i go scouts, arbiter, zealots and reavers

Sephiroth[LoD]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by sprucegoose
i think they take skill becuz when you have that many resources and your opponent does also your gonna have some crazy d and whatnot wich is harder than hell to break through which requires skill
Actually, I think that money maps dont take much skill for they are easier to build things, unlike a normal game where there isnt so much room to build and theres less minerals, so you have to make more than 1 base to win.

StellarWinds

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i haven't read this posting, except it's topic so dont be mad if i restate anything said b4...but...

money maps take NO skill, even bgh is pushing it...espicaly the NR20 games

eSc0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
anyone interested in playing me cuz im bored :(

i would like to play one of u that says it takes no skills because if thats true then it should be rather easy to beat me in a rush or no rush game :wavey

eSc0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
was hoping to play one of u ppl saying its so easy to play money maps....... oh well

downset

Reaction score
i will beat anybody here on bgh.
assuming theres no hackers, it wont be a problem.

bgh is not only macro AKA-47.
of course it takes micro and expanding, not so much terrain, but the main focus, yes is on macro.

that does not eliminate every other aspect of the game.

"psychological warfare"
please.

and you played 50 games or so on bgh, yet you talk like you know it so well.

im from blizzforums and one of the few bgh players from there but i'd love to play the best of the best here.

if you want to learn, i can teach you.. =]

if you play only non-money maps, yet are extremely good on them... i'd have confidence i'll beat you on bgh.

playing non-money does not make you good on bgh.
its a good start, but most people dont know how to optimize the economy on bgh.

and of course the opposite is true, if you play only bgh, you will lack on non-money.

most people who play bgh dont think and just play 3on3 after 3on3 ggogogog zealots zealots marines die done.

i could talk strategy with you on bgh and improve your game if you wanted.

if you think youre good, try me.
i'd wax anybody here. =]

edit:
and to answer the question of this thread...

yes, you ****ing moron.
anybody who says money maps dont take skill is an idiot.
what do they take then?
if skill doesnt determine the outcome of a game, what does?
luck?
please.
i've been playing bgh since bw came out and feel extremely skilled on that map.
if skill doesnt play a factor on bgh, then i should randomly lose to whoever due to WHATEVER REASON DECIDEDS THE OUTCOME (luck?) besides skill and experience.

im skilled on bgh, i wont lose... well unless somebody else is extremely skilled it'd be a close game.
it takes skill.
EOD.

eSc0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
bgh is still different from fastest and no clutter maps

its more of a mix between fastest and non money maps

rune_warrior

Member!
Reaction score
bgh is the inbetween map. not really non money but not really money. and just because you have been playing on bgh since bw came out doesn't mean you can beat every single person in the entire world. and even if you can beat a bunch that doesn't mean you can teach them. if you dont hack then bw also requires some luck as to guessing where your opponents units are and what they have along with the skill to efficiently destroy their bases. no one, no matter how long they have played a certain map, can beat every single person in it.

downset

Reaction score
Originally posted by rune_warrior
and just because you have been playing on bgh since bw came out doesn't mean you can beat every single person in the entire world. and even if you can beat a bunch that doesn't mean you can teach them. if you dont hack then bw also requires some luck as to guessing where your opponents units are and what they have along with the skill to efficiently destroy their bases. no one, no matter how long they have played a certain map, can beat every single person in it.
well, im confident nobody from this forum can beat me.

even given the imbalances in the game/map.

and i could teach somebody if they are worse than me, they'd just have to listen instead of being stubborn.

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
heh i cant belive this thread is still here i made this so long ago,
money maps do take skills damn right ppls!
it takes skill to biuld a real big army and keep it up!
u gots to be a big time spender like me to win!

Zmoney

Reaction score
i wana take you up on this chalange!
homie!
IM ME! aol!

ynnus

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
it does take skills cuz you have to protect your miners and buildings and micro your units and keep making units and keep building more buildings all at the same time and if even 1 firebat gets to your money your screwed your miners are gone and your opponent will take advantage. Expanding on money maps is also good. Gives you big advantage just like any other map. and if you cant spend all the resourses and your opponent can then your screwed. And microing on money maps is fun because you get to micro huge armies.

Zmoney

Reaction score
They take mucho skill without skill you couldnt pay sc and get a vc, even 7-1 compstomps take skill, bec THERE IS ALWAYS A BSER!