DO money maps take skillz??

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
That is one way to look at it, but if u go from money maps to non-money maps u will also get raped. It is much harder to get good at non-money maps than money maps.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I wen't from money maps to non-money maps and i got raped. But it's the only way you can learn. Besides going straight to non-money maps, which is rarely done.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
I dont think i have played more than 50 games or so on money maps...

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
When you move from money maps to non-money maps you think you should build 12 Gateways/Factories. But alas, you then realise you don't have the money to do that. You build at max (at your first xpan or base) around 4-5 and continously get tanks or goliaths and mix them with different units.

Unlike money maps, non-money maps need mixed units to win a game. You cannot just mass dragoons, for two reasons -

- You will not get enough cash to even accomplish the 'mass' unless you expand. (Are term not known to most money maps players:))

- Your opponent will have scouted (which usually should be done on non-money maps) and realised what you are doing and will build the counter unit/units and defeat all those dragoons while losing minimal units/resources.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
U dont use at max 4-5 gateways, in late game a protoss will sometimes have up to 20 gateways, it just depends on how many expos u have.

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
yes u must xpan befor u go and biuld up ur base or u wont be able to succed cause ull have biuldings and no mula

Zmoney

Reaction score
well did u lose?

Supremebeing

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Moneys maps are benificial to newbs they help them learn some skills and its faster so that they can learn to go alil faster but its nothing for a good player to do(like me) to kick some serious ass fast. so If your a newb then you should try a money map, but if your a good player then you should play on the non money maps and try to gain even more skill.

Zmoney

Reaction score
hmm

yes that dose make lots of sense good way to put it supreme being

SmashBros.Pro

Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Well, unlike most of you I went strait to non-money maps and got raped :(, but after playing with my friends and getting used to them they got alot easier to play. But my first time playing a money map I got screwed because I wasn't used to the extreme speed and unit output. Basically what I'm saying is that it depends on how you started off, most newbs that buy the game play the campaigns that don't allow you to use all of the tech tree, except a few, and don't realize you can go to play custom. My friend told me to avoid the campaigns and play and any of the maps in the ladder folder so I got a early start on ladder and when I was introduced to money maps it was a whole new world.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Hey Smash! Welcome back! It's been a while eh? Well, maybe a few weeks but we all missed u!

Zmoney

Reaction score
i got rapped by renzo

Towelie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I play BGH right now. I went from Extreme Hella Money Maps (Zero CLutter, Fastest Possible Map) to BGH then I am going to Hunters and other low money maps. BGH should get me used to the fact that money is farther away from me CC and I only get 2 vespene, 1 in the Hunters.