DO money maps take skillz??

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Do money maps take skill?

i wana no ppls opinon on this ? do money maps take any skillz?
i think they do beacuse it is not 100% easy to max and kick ass ina money map it is easy but it dose take a litle while to learn how to do well which i do consider a skill what do u ppls think?

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
They require macro skills, but compared to non-money maps they dont require much skills.

Apex'i

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
1 word 1 syllable and 1 answer.................................................................... NO !

B

bargeee

Everyone is equal so its fair enough..... so yes it does take skill

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
money maps take still, just as much skill as the ladder maps. But they don't alloow the game to be played like it was meant to be played. I mean, 1 carrier was supposed to own. If you played the campaign, you'd know this... and that's blizzard fault in a way. Giving a 200/200 supply food was dumb. That's why warcraft 3 rocks so much ;)

Towelie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes. each person gets the same amount of minerals and its you just have to get it and decide what to do with it.

Apex'i

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Cmon now people think about it
when a newbs for a certain period of time plays non money map they will learn more stuff and develop more skill and learn how to micro macro mass control and such..
but on the other hand if a newb play money map for a certain time all they know is defence gas minerals carriers bcs and probrally magic but do not how to use them properly and nr20..
just take 3 minutes to think about it

When i switch over from money maps to non money maps i learn more stuff in 2 weeks then the 3 months dat i been playin moneymaps..like plague d.web psi storm and maelstorm and microing and how to use it effeincently to prove my point money map give u skill but only the one to be a lazy person and not noe the true potential of sc/bw

Freezer

Reaction score
Website
ffclan.2ya.com
When I first started playing I played countless games on Money. Then I started getting into maps like 1v1 2v2 Lost temple and I would get raped.

I blame money for this because money maps don't teach you to expand/ scout as much. All you do on Money maps is mass up and fight. More skill involved on Non money.

Zmoney

Reaction score
i didnt ask u if u thought non money maps take more skillz
cause they do
but i ment do uthink money maps take any skillz cause ive been told they take no skillz at all

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
The thing many of u dont understand is that BW is so complex that it takes years of practice to get good at it. Money maps requires a lot of macro, but non-money maps require macro, micro, counters, many different unit combinations, different strategies vs each race, economical management, strategic use of terrain and both tactical and psychological warfare. Money maps dont require the same ammount of strategical thinking as non-money maps. BW is so hard to get good at that i would say that it is the best game ever made.

Snow_Jennifer

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
newbies basicly use money maps cuz they sux or ppl use them to get d and attsck units better really i dont use them as much

Chilam-

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah i think money maps still requires some level of skills. macro is such a big factor in bw compares to micro. true thing that money maps don't need much micro cuz u have the resources to mass 200 units so losing couple groups of units is not a big deal, where as if u play a 1v1 LT and ur 2groups of hydras died (assuming none or 1 xpansion), it would be an enormous loss.

even in money maps people still don't understand that RESOURCES is important, as well as being able to USE UP all the resources. sometimes in bgh i would make go up to 2 or 3 xpansions, and my resources would be pouring in like crazy. from there you gotta think of a way to use up the resources, build cannons everywhere, make 1000 hatcheries, upgrade everything u can, and etc. theres no point for you to mine 2 times ur oponent's speed if you gonna wait and let ur money/gas rot. if u mine faster than your opponent, then u should also produce faster and more. a guy can have 20 templars in base with 100 cannons waiting to defend and storm ur 10 groups of hydra, but so what? if he only has 1 base and u have 3 xpansions, u die u make, u die more u make more. he can have 40 storms, but he's gonna run out, where as u just keep pumping and keep sending in. no way he can pump new templars while having extra resources to make units to kill you.

non money map you can still win if you mass correctly. if u have 10 zealots fighting his 7 zealots, he can still win if he micros well. but if you also micro, you should be able to win (even if he micros better). he has less than you so he has to micro very well to win, where as you don't have to be as good as his micro to win in this battle. (actually, usually if i see zealots outnumbering mine i would just run hahaha) microing gets annoying cuz i've been playing stoned lately. but that's just me.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Yes, i used to think non-money maps were 100% micro, but then i found myself with 1 expo and 8 tanks when the enemy had 4 bases and 10 dropships full of units :) Macro is the most important factor of BW, both on money and non-money maps; but non-money maps DO require more skills than money maps, because it is much harder to get good at 10 things than only macro.

Towelie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Damn I try to stop playing money maps but it is so damn ADDICTIVE. I can't stop. Thats why I own on money maps lol. I play non-money maps on the occasion. It is funner sometimes because it is more of a challenge, but on money maps everyone maxes and it is up to the strategy to see who wins with the maxed out units.

Zmoney

Reaction score
money maps rock id have to say so 2 they r fun and addictive
but u wana know something towlie they do take stratigy cause u have to go the counter unit to w/e ur opponent went
THEY do take skillz and mopney map playas out there i do recomend u try nono money maps cause they are fun but money maps are ok dont listen to renozukin he is boligerent and inconsiderate(stupid also) and he is full of him self me and u playaz listen to me and towlie cause we rock!

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
People who say they rock are usually the ones who suck. Money maps dont require as much skills as non-money maps, just face it.

Original Raccoon

Premium Member
Reaction score
Money maps are fun and all, playing with friends or non friends, just don't go off saying that your all good or the person you beat was a newb, because remember, you have played an altered map, meaning you have to play non Blizzard maps just to win, you newbie. :D

Towelie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actually you go from non-money maps to money maps you will get your ass raped so bad playing someone good. But I am playing with both and it does not mean your a newb if you use money maps you just like the resources. it does take skills you have to mass and defend and play it all right. Plus thats the only map you get to max out and 6 ppl maxed out and attacking eachother at the same time is alot of cool stuff all the adrenaline to see which side wins.