Chrono Trigger Discussion.

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Or that Triple tech between Crono/Ayla/Frog, that works too :).
Arc Impulse?..

not enough damage to be a triple tech, in my opinion

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Not many Triple Techs do a whole lot of damage to me. Double Tech's are where it's at in my opinion.

Something to discuss: Ayla. Now, people don't like to use her from my understanding because she has ''no magic'', but if you take a little time to notice her stats it really doesn't matter if she mas magic or not. She has the Highest Power, Evade, Hit, Stamina, Great Speed, Great HP and she can probably get more attack then anyone else without using Power Tabs. Her defence, when given the best items, is somewhere near 238 or so. Attack soars well over 240. That's freaking insane! My Ayla uses a Third Eye, so she has ** Evade as well. Screenshot Below:

Sio, what do you think of Ayla? :)

Zerglite

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Not many Triple Techs do a whole lot of damage to me. Double Tech's are where it's at in my opinion.

Something to discuss: Ayla. Now, people don't like to use her from my understanding because she has ''no magic'', but if you take a little time to notice her stats it really doesn't matter if she mas magic or not. She has the Highest Power, Evade, Hit, Stamina, Great Speed, Great HP and she can probably get more attack then anyone else without using Power Tabs. Her defence, when given the best items, is somewhere near 238 or so. Attack soars well over 240. That's freaking insane! My Ayla uses a Third Eye, so she has ** Evade as well. Screenshot Below:

Sio, what do you think of Ayla? :)
give her the prismspecs..

and up her dmg "to the max!"

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
She doesn't need it...I might do that though, if it increases her Triple Kick Damage (In this case, Drop Kick would do over 5000 and I would be extremely happy). :)

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Whoa, I never got THAT into Crono Trigger, I should play it again though, just to see what I'm missing out on. I don't think I ever even beat it.

-Frank :cool:

Zerglite

Reaction score
IceDevil9 said:
Whoa, I never got THAT into Crono Trigger, I should play it again though, just to see what I'm missing out on. I don't think I ever even beat it.

-Frank :cool:
i just beat it today... my next challenge it to beat lavos ( the final boss ) using just chrono so i can get one of the endings

that might be hard to do.. lol

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats another thing I never really got into, was doing ALL the endings. Waste of time IMO.

DM Is the kind of guy that names the character names the actual names. (Glenn, Janus for a few)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
The game really is easy, if you have a guide. Otherwise it can be really, really hard. If you know all the secrets, it's fairly easy to beat. :p

Edit: TweaK is half right. I did name Frog Glenn, but I kept Robo by ''Robo'', and Magus by ''Magus''. Frog doesn't do him justice. :D

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
The hell, I don't use a guide and I managed to defeat the whole game, get most of the endings... and even get the secret ending if you defeat Lavos when Zeal calls forth him.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Chrono trigger was the only RPG game I ever came clsoe to beating cuase it wasn't as boring as most RPGs. Then it got boring after it became less liniar.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Hellwolf_36 said:
The hell, I don't use a guide and I managed to defeat the whole game, get most of the endings... and even get the secret ending if you defeat Lavos when Zeal calls forth him.
All the sidequeasts, secret items, everything? I wonder what your gametime was. :p

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Approx 50 minutes, to get to level 70 and stuff like that.

I'll play it since I haven't played it in 8+ months. I will then say how long it took to get to Lavos with all quests beaten.

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
50 Minutes? My fastest times like 6 hours, from start to the end of the black omen (most challenging ending for full gameplay IMO, and i heart the black omen.)

I wanna find the ending where chrono talks, I've seen it in savestates, apparently it's a legit ending.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
It is, I think its...the one where Marle, Lucca and maybe Ayla judge guys from Chrono Trigger (based on looks) but I could be wrong. I was thinking the same though, it akes well over two hours to beat the game unless you skip ALOT of stuff. :-/

Zerglite

Reaction score
#10-GIRL CHAT

To get this very rare ending, you must defeat Lavos after seeing Schala opening up the sealed door in Zeal, but before powering up Marle's Pendant.

This ending is great! Marle and Lucca rate several guys from Chrono Trigger, and they'll inform you which are studs, and which are duds! Also, Crono shows up and gives his only lines of the whole game!

there ya go!

after schala opens the door, but b4 u power up the pendant...

that leaves very little window of opportunity

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I wonder if i should keep playing Chrono on the emulator..
sounds like im missing a bunch.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Bloodmatter said:
I wonder if i should keep playing Chrono on the emulator..
sounds like im missing a bunch.
if you play, get AIM, and talk to DM... he pretty much walked me through the game XD

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
SO sad i cant get AIM...

Maybe i could do Pogo... :-/.

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Bleh, so basically you'd have to go back to the end of time and use the bucket right after that incident, it'd require a newgame+ :eek:

Is lavos harder when you fight him when the mammon machine opens it after the undersea palace? I swear he is, I was way higher level than I should have been, and his super attack still took out marle and lucca in one swipe, left enough room for chrono to toss one luminaire before KO :/