Chrono Trigger Discussion.

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
TweaK said:
Bleh, so basically you'd have to go back to the end of time and use the bucket right after that incident, it'd require a newgame+ :eek:

Is lavos harder when you fight him when the mammon machine opens it after the undersea palace? I swear he is, I was way higher level than I should have been, and his super attack still took out marle and lucca in one swipe, left enough room for chrono to toss one luminaire before KO :/
my chrono's around lvl 50, and he can almost take lavos' second form...

the laser beams take him down to around 280 health...

then the hands do their 2 attacks... ive only survived all that once... and was left with 4 health

lavos isnt that hard, surprisingly, with chrono alone...

i use the haste cap and a gold stud.. im casting a 5mp luminaire every other second it seems...

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
TweaK said:
50 Minutes? My fastest times like 6 hours, from start to the end of the black omen (most challenging ending for full gameplay IMO, and i heart the black omen.)

I wanna find the ending where chrono talks, I've seen it in savestates, apparently it's a legit ending.
I think that was New Game +, but as I said: I will play it again.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
TweaK said:
Bleh, so basically you'd have to go back to the end of time and use the bucket right after that incident, it'd require a newgame+ :eek:

Is lavos harder when you fight him when the mammon machine opens it after the undersea palace? I swear he is, I was way higher level than I should have been, and his super attack still took out marle and lucca in one swipe, left enough room for chrono to toss one luminaire before KO :/
Yes it is. Lavos at Undersea Palace is MUCH harder, generally because he's next to the Mammom Machine whikle amplifies his power (Thats myy theroy anyway), but yeah...his attacks really hurt at that point in the game. If you beat him there, and beat his other forms you get a special Ending. That fight is the hardest o the game, so yeah. :D

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You have many options, defeating Lavos after chucking the Red knife into Mammon Machine gives you teh secret ending. This can only be done in New Game +.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Well...generally yes. Unless you can pull off a mircale and defeat Lavos with store-bought gear and lots of leveling (Assuming you want to try it on a non-new game +). It might be possible, but I seriously have doubts. That fight can be hard even with new game +.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
You have many options, defeating Lavos after chucking the Red knife into Mammon Machine gives you teh secret ending. This can only be done in New Game +.
or beat him in the beginning of the game, by entering the right pod when lucca asks for a volunteer, you'll go directly to lavos

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Diatenshi said:
or beat him in the beginning of the game, by entering the right pod when lucca asks for a volunteer, you'll go directly to lavos
Yes, but you have to fight Lavos alone. You better have the Rainbow Sword and Rainbow Specs for this one!

Defeating him at certian points will affect your game as well. Try at certian points in the storyline for surprise endings.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Yes, but you have to fight Lavos alone. You better have the Rainbow Sword and Rainbow Specs for this one!

Defeating him at certian points will affect your game as well. Try at certian points in the storyline for surprise endings.
you dont have to fight him alone...

simply do this..

run to the right pod and DONT talk to lucca

you'll bring marle with you

not alone anymore :)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, but Marle is only good for reviving Crono if he falls, or Crono reviving her if she falls. Still 2 people isn't going to be easy...

Zerglite

Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Yeah, but Marle is only good for reviving Crono if he falls, or Crono reviving her if she falls. Still 2 people isn't going to be easy...
believe it or not...

w/ maybe another lvl or 2... im sure my chrono could take Lavos by himself at a lvl 50...

he's fairly easy...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
As I said, get the Rainbow Sword and the specs for a way easier time. You can do 2000+ just by attacking him thru this method! I believe you still keep your equipment if you go to New Game +.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
As I said, get the Rainbow Sword and the specs for a way easier time. You can do 2000+ just by attacking him thru this method!
i do have the rainbow sword... but phis attacks dont get it done...

i use the

rainbow
haste cap ( with my ** speed i can get 3 luminaires inbetween his attacks )
the Nova armor.. ( it gives best def since i didnt get the Moon armor )
and the Gold stud, my luminaire is costing 5 mana, and god damn, that rules

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Just remember though, in Lavos' second form he has a spell that kills all status protection to armors. I don't really use Luminaire unless its his 2nd form! I can easily kill Lavos with Specs/Rainbow Sword combo. Marle I would use her to heal myself when I hit 100/999 life or so, otherwise I would just attack or use daul techs if I was bored.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Just remember though, in Lavos' second form he has a spell that kills all status protection to armors. I don't really use Luminaire unless its his 2nd form! I can easily kill Lavos with Specs/Rainbow Sword combo. Marle I would use her to heal myself when I hit 100/999 life or so, otherwise I would just attack or use daul techs if I was bored.
he has a spell in his second form that does over 650 to my chrono..

and then his hands do an additional 280 or so...

i could care less about the status effects from him..

Zerglite

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
A Better Setup:

10 Power, Magic, and 5 Speed Tabs.

Rainbow.
Prism Helm.
Moon Armor.
Gold Stud.

Thank you.
no..

haste hat thing...

BAM, you hit shit like crazy..

seriously... my chrono is too fast, i cant keep up to make him attack soon enough

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
** Speed > Haste. You'd know that if you listened to me and got tons of speed Tabs. Haste Helm after that is a waste when you could have much better magic and physical defence from a prism helm.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
** Speed > Haste. You'd know that if you listened to me and got tons of speed Tabs. Haste Helm after that is a waste when you could have much better magic and physical defence from a prism helm.
i have ** speed and haste helm, it helps ALOT...