Chrono Trigger Discussion.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Unless he has ** magic defense. But even still I believe that attack does about 400-500 damage to him anyways, did to Robo :(.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
It did about 1500 to my robo, then again I only had him there to heal. Now, when he tried it on Lucca, it did 55 damage. Did like 23 to Magus and 100 to Ayla. I love Prism Gear.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Robo has bad magic defense anyways, but considering Magic Defense sort of works on a % system... there was your reason. Considering Lucca has high magic capabilities, it isn't highly unlikely she will take major magic damage. Unless you didn't really use her and just brought her into your party.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Still. Getting those values high enough to withstand high magic damage is hard for the regular melee characters save Ayla and Frog. That's why I love Magus, he has ** almost everytime I use him.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
But Magus isn't exactly a team player. He only has triple techs between certian people and you need some stones if you want to use them.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Darkmatter does a good chunk more then most of those crappy double and triple techs. So team player or not, he still owns hardcore. And wehen you have Ayla and Lucca busting 4-5k in-between each Darkmatter....well, it's a world of pain for your enemy.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Not all of them are "crappy". However, didn't you yourself say that Darkmatter does less than Luminare or Flare?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
When magic was upped fully. Getting Crono ** magic is pretty hard to be truthful. Lucca and Magus are naturally adept in magical capabilities, so it's fairly balanced magic wise. However, I am doing a small test to see if DarkMatter does as much as I think it does, or, in a sense, using a different method of getting him to ** Magic rather then spamming magical tabs.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You would need magic ups inventory wise, but I dunno how far that will get you :(.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Not quite. Leveling up can also increase magic. My theory here is, maybe if I increase it the levelup way, rather then the tab way, the spells will vary in damage dealt.

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Get their levels to ** and I think you wouldn't need to level them with tabs all that much.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
You my friend, have way to much free time on your hands.

What the point once you;ve beaten it once, then beaten it on NG+ ASAP?

I never saw the point in stat maxing on RPGs like this, although I did it on SO3, with some 350+hours gameplay logged.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You beat it with different party combonations in hopes you can conquer over all :D.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
TweaK said:
Get their levels to ** and I think you wouldn't need to level them with tabs all that much.
In Crono's case, that would take him a lot of leveling. But using tabs does speed up that process. I'm thinking level gained magic will equal more damage then tab gained magic. But I'm not done with ym test yet, so yeah.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I was actually wondering if anyone figured out what the power meal does? I think it adds 1 to some stat. You get it from using Charm on Dalton II.

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
I was actually wondering if anyone figured out what the power meal does? I think it adds 1 to some stat. You get it from using Charm on Dalton II.
it removes ?..

so

find out what it removes

other than that

i HAVE NO IDEA

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well if you use it, all your characters get 1 something, then nothing else happens.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I did some tests. And still the damage is greater for most of the spells, leaving Darkmatter in the dust. At level 99, I ested each persons ** Magical Limits by casting their best spell on a monster with basic magic resistance and elemental resistance, a Gnasher by Frogs Locale. Oddly, the damage was higher then before, but it seems that DarkMatter once again does the least. I know why as well. Magus starts off with a set amount of magic. If he started off with say 2, and worked his way up, he would do much more damage then Luminare.

I tested it, and it does about 800 more to a Gnasher. But thats with save-state hacking maguses stats, level, etc, to low values and leveing him up as you would have if he was a character acessable early in the game.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Its the Pokemon Theory right there. There was a difference in stats when you say caught a level 3 pidgey and got him to 20 then going and finding a wild lvl 20. The stats from the lvl 3 would be higher because of the growth.

I guess Chrono Trigger follows the same logic.