A lot has changed (you guys just dont get it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baal_03

Member!
Reaction score
Website
qualified-human.com
listen
if you edit your game so that the horodric cube spits out white armor, then you go on closed and create white armor, you can drop it, and other people can pick it up and it will look white to them (as long as you modded it correctly) i did not try this with white armor cause i never got a chance after finally getting white to come out, but all my other ones (black, green, blue, purple, etc.) did work and i gave a couple away.

yes, those people lost their accounts, but it serves them right for having hacked armor with 2 mil defense on closed.
i am afterall, against cheating on closed. it was made for those who want to compete fairly. i was (and will be again after i get a new expansion pack) merely trying to prove that it is possible. it only requires a little bit of thinking outside and around the box.

KuNgFu-RaDiO

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if you edit your game so that the horodric cube spits out white armor, then you go on closed and create white armor, you can drop it, and other people can pick it up and it will look white to them
From what I've retained in my modding days, Horadric Cube recipes are Server-Side. Even if you were able to change the recipe, the packet for the recipe might have crashed the game. As far as Modding goes, the only things you would be able to change are client-side things, eg item appearance. Unless you were actually able to modify the packets, it seems very unlikely and unrealistic for you to have created White Armor from the Horadric Cube.

Thirteen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.custommaps.org
Originally posted by Baal_03
listen
if you edit your game so that the horodric cube spits out white armor, then you go on closed and create white armor, you can drop it, and other people can pick it up and it will look white to them (as long as you modded it correctly) i did not try this with white armor cause i never got a chance after finally getting white to come out, but all my other ones (black, green, blue, purple, etc.) did work and i gave a couple away.

yes, those people lost their accounts, but it serves them right for having hacked armor with 2 mil defense on closed.
i am afterall, against cheating on closed. it was made for those who want to compete fairly. i was (and will be again after i get a new expansion pack) merely trying to prove that it is possible. it only requires a little bit of thinking outside and around the box.
You can edit your game all damned day and you wouldn't accomplish anything on closed. You don't know what you're talking about. You're a hypocrite who obviously got the terms "open" and "closed" mixed up. Stop trying to get attention and go back to "hacking" on Open.

Baal_03

Member!
Reaction score
Website
qualified-human.com
apparently, you all have a falsified view of what is client-side and what is server-side. unless it has changed since 1.09, nothing except your character's save files and the patchd2.mpq file are server-side. when you load the game, it uses the game files from your computer and loads your character into it. otherwise, closed would be so extremely slow that you wouldnt want to play it.

also, i still dont think some of you understand the difference between a mod and an editor.
a mod is like a patch, except you make it yourself. it adds/changes parts in the game.
an editor is not like a patch, and is very limited in what it can do.

with my mod skills, i can make it so that when the druid uses his werewolf skill, he turns into Diablo instead, or i can make him summon Baal instead of a grizzly. i can make an assassin's lightning sentry deal every type of damage instead of just lightning. i can make a barbarian summon a bone wall and a wall of fire. all, by simply editing the some txt files that make up the game. and if i was any good at graphics, i could even create a completely new class of character.

with an editor, i can make items, give them magical attributes, and put them on my character.
with a mod, i can make my own attributes and make it so that a dagger does 10 million damage

an editor simply gives you some options for what to change.
when you make a mod, you can change whatever you want.

or maybe you are only thinking within the bounds of mods that you have downloaded from various sites. most of these wont work cause they were designed for open B.net
untill you have created your own mod, and prove it, dont tell me what can and cant be done
my mods, i made myself.
i made them specifically for closed.
they did work.

Thirteen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.custommaps.org
apparently, you all have a falsified view of what is client-side and what is server-side. unless it has changed since 1.09, nothing except your character's save files and the patchd2.mpq file are server-side. when you load the game, it uses the game files from your computer and loads your character into it. otherwise, closed would be so extremely slow that you wouldnt want to play it.

also, i still dont think some of you understand the difference between a mod and an editor.
a mod is like a patch, except you make it yourself. it adds/changes parts in the game.
an editor is not like a patch, and is very limited in what it can do.

with my mod skills, i can make it so that when the druid uses his werewolf skill, he turns into Diablo instead, or i can make him summon Baal instead of a grizzly. i can make an assassin's lightning sentry deal every type of damage instead of just lightning. i can make a barbarian summon a bone wall and a wall of fire. all, by simply editing the some txt files that make up the game. and if i was any good at graphics, i could even create a completely new class of character.

with an editor, i can make items, give them magical attributes, and put them on my character.
with a mod, i can make my own attributes and make it so that a dagger does 10 million damage

an editor simply gives you some options for what to change.
when you make a mod, you can change whatever you want.

or maybe you are only thinking within the bounds of mods that you have downloaded from various sites. most of these wont work cause they were designed for open B.net
untill you have created your own mod, and prove it, dont tell me what can and cant be done
my mods, i made myself.
i made them specifically for closed.
they did work.
Your modding "skillz" mean absolutely nothing on closed. Get a life.

If you want proof:

(Excuse the implied humor of the content.)

Now you know I know what I am talking about. And you know that I know you're full of shit. Stop trying to confuse people.

Baal_03

Member!
Reaction score
Website
qualified-human.com
i bet some of you dont even know where the name Swordguard even came from and why all the white armor used to be named that way.
some ignorant people say its cause that was the name of the first person that made them, they are wrong.
i found the real reason they were named that way and thats where i got my first idea for making my own.
its because of me that there are tons of different names now.
after that, i could even make non magic armor what was white.
i doubt many of you could say the same.

Thirteen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.custommaps.org
Just to disprove your obvious attempt to change the subject:

Expansion items were brought over into Classic. None of them had their original "names". All were labeled "non-xpac xlated call ken" or something along those lines. THAT IS BECAUSE THERE IS NO STRING TO CORRESPOND WITH THOSE ITEMS BECAUSE THEY DON'T EXIST IN THE CLASSIC PATCH.

You go around talking about how you "created" new item names and whatnot, well guess what: That, like all of your lies, has just been shot down too.

Baal_03

Member!
Reaction score
Website
qualified-human.com
ok, maybe im just stupid, but what exactly are you trying to say?
that Swordguard armor are actual items built into the game?
that the Battle-Noel armor that Battle Noel made himself was built into the game?
that the loads of "Tarnish" runes that i created that reflected back all damage when inserted into armor did not exist even though i gave them out on B.net and people were begging for more?

maybe you just dont understand mods?
you can replace the names of every single item in the game, hand them out to people on B.net, and they will see the new names.
you can create your own uniques, your own rare names, your own sets.
i really think you should spent more time experimenting

Thirteen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.custommaps.org
maybe you just dont understand mods?
you can replace the names of every single item in the game, hand them out to people on B.net, and they will see the new names.
you can create your own uniques, your own rare names, your own sets.
i really think you should spent more time experimenting
I understand perfectly. It's you who doesn't understand. You can't add any sets, uniques, etc., into the closed realm. You're wrong and there's nothing you can do to prove me wrong. Now shut up, please.

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
(my name)'s Exteremly Rare White Archon Plate for Closed
OMFG -.-'

Well...all the time you are talking about your mod skillz and how to make bosses apear everywhere, how to create whites, how to change stat points, how to turn npc into monsters, how to create own uniques

yes you are right! this is possible

BUT DAMN YOU IT IT EITHER
-CLIENT SIDE (LIKE NPC SWTICH MODULE FOR 1.09)
-OPEN BNET
-OR IT A MOD

"Ha I told ya! It IS a mod!"
-Yeah you are right, but it is common knowledge that MODS DONT WORK ON CLOSED, NONE OF THEM, some work client side (like exp-stash-mod) but you cant trick the servers that easy

jezuz I've seen alot of ppl talking bs but you're actually convinced that you bullshit works o_O

HellSpawnGothic

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lmao...ok this is geting pointless, its just funny too laugh at now, leave the kid alone, let him think what he wants, ive had it work for me, but not like this kids saying, just the client side shit, anyways what ever -_-

EvilElf

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Dude... shut the F*CK UP why do you care wether or not these people care what you can/cannot do? If you have all this "power" sell it don't brag about it to piss people off.

Thirteen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.custommaps.org
Starfish, whats ur name and what server do you use, ill write it down and find you when i get my expansion pack and build my mod again.
just cause your an idiot doesnt mean you have to flame people for talking about what CAN be done
Care to "show" me on classic right now?

(The fact that he will not show me anything is proof that he is lying...if anybody didn't already know that by now,)

Baal_03

Member!
Reaction score
Website
qualified-human.com
i was just about to shut up.
i dont care what anyone thinks.
i know the truth, they are blind to it.
the only reason i been arguing so long is to piss you guys off.
you dont know what im talkin about cause its over your heads.
its quite humorous.
i know there are people on this forum that know that im not lying.
it can be done, and you are all to stupid to see it.
it seems none of you even know how the game works.
im not gonna say any more on this topic unless one of you makes an idiotic remark that i cant help but respond to.

why should i sell it?
not many people would buy it.
they'd just lose their accounts for cheating.
people are stupid.

Thirteen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.custommaps.org
i was just about to shut up.
Of course you are what everyone thinks. That's the reason you posted this, to get attention. That or you really are that stupid and think that mods work on closed.

Either way you've come to the point where you can't prove a damn word you've said so you'll back away into the shadows because everyone knows you're a liar.

My offer still stands, go ahead and try to prove something to me. That or make a lame excuse on how you can't prove it on Classic, either.

Baal_03

Member!
Reaction score
Website
qualified-human.com
Originally posted by Thirteen
Care to "show" me on classic right now?

(The fact that he will not show me anything is proof that he is lying...if anybody didn't already know that by now,)
first off: i hate classic
second: if i already had the mod, id have to rebuild it for classic.
third: i dont have it, so id have to build it from scratch
fourth: it was about 2 years ago that i built it and it would probly take a while to rebuild because it was so long ago
fifth: id have to download the new new patch (which takes a while on a dial-up
sixth: id have to find my extractor and reinserter

seriously, give me your account name and server and ill find you when im done with it

Thirteen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.custommaps.org
first off: i hate classic
second: if i already had the mod, id have to rebuild it for classic.
third: i dont have it, so id have to build it from scratch
fourth: it was about 2 years ago that i built it and it would probly take a while to rebuild because it was so long ago
fifth: id have to download the new new patch (which takes a while on a dial-up
sixth: id have to find my extractor and reinserter

seriously, give me your account name and server and ill find you when im done with it
First: Too bad. It's just an excuse.
Second, Third, Fourth: It'd take me about 10 minutes to make a mod to prove what you were trying to prove.
Fifth: Get broadband :)
Sixth: http://www.custommaps.org/files/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=8

You could have it up and running in an hour. I know you won't so just stop replying....

Status
Not open for further replies.