A lot has changed (you guys just dont get it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baal_03

Member!
Reaction score
Website
qualified-human.com
first, why was my thread locked before i got a chance to reply?
http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49802
i had to go to bed right after posting it cause i had been up all night,
and at that time it was almost 6 in the morning.

Originally posted by magguz
If you are 1337 than go over and make some new hacks
i will as soon as i get a new expansion pack

Originally posted by The Summit
We do not have too many threads here that could have been written by Shakespeare himself.
for some reason, i feel that this was supposed to be sarcasm.
is it cause you dont believe me?

Originally posted by pat
Do you honestly think posting that you "hacked closed bnet" without any evidence whatsoever, or any other reason to beleive you, is going to get you anywhere? The fact that one of your "mods" defies there very means DII uses to name items doesn't help your case...
i wasn't trying to get anywhere. i was just pointing out how much things have changed since back then.
seriously, youd get attacked by every person with a booter if you even mentioned hacking closed. It was immpossible in everyones eyes. they simply did not realize the fact that you could hack your character by simply editing how the game worked. the only data for your saved cahracters that is actually on the server is the data for the character itself. the rest of the data is on your computer. so, you can make a mod that makes every creature drop uniques and rares and sets when you kill them, and it will work on closed.
as to your bs about defying the way D2 names items, you obviously have not actually made any mods yourself. if you had, you would know that there is a file that contains the information for all the unique items in the game (type, color, NAME, etc.). you can create your own uniques in here if you want, then simply create a very basic recipe for it (i.e. an ith rune and any regular magic armor) in the horodric cube file and viola! you can pull out your very own homemade, unique, named after yourself if you want.
untill you have made some mods of your own, id suggest not talkin shit about mod making to someone like me.
P.S. i never "hacked" closed b.net i made mods

Originally posted by XenoDancer
start sub sarcasm

"omfg you are my hero!! I'll download anything you send me! If it's a trojan im sure it will just be a mistake! I really want to be godly like you!"

end sarcasm
i dont plan on sending anyone anything.
no one gives a shit about my mods.
there are mods that do way more than mine.
mine usually just modify one or two things, usually stats.
but i could modify them higher than anyone else
http://www.mewgood.com/s27 d.shtml
thats a screenshot i submitted a loooong time ago
i would be suprised if anyone DID trust me to send them anything, though.
but, if anyone wants help with making mods, id be more than happy to share my knowledge with them.

KuNgFu-RaDiO

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That screenshot isn't very convincing, I could make a screenshot like that in 5-10 minutes using a simple D2 editor. I dont see anything that makes me believe that your screenshot is of closed B.Net. But for the sake of conversation, let's says that you did make a mod that allows your character to be edited in such a way. The packets sent by your saved character files would have been detected by Blizzard easily, due to malicious/altered source code. Unless you still have these characters on closed, there would be no reason to believe you.

P.S. I'm not saying you didn't make one, I'm just saying it's unlikely.

qster

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
none of those mods will or have ever worked on bnet. the topic of this section is battle.net hacking not single player mods/editing.
i can make my realm player "look" like i have killer stats but its only client side so whats the point.

Baal_03

Member!
Reaction score
Website
qualified-human.com
Originally posted by KuNgFu-RaDiO
That screenshot isn't very convincing, I could make a screenshot like that in 5-10 minutes using a simple D2 editor. I dont see anything that makes me believe that your screenshot is of closed B.Net. But for the sake of conversation, let's says that you did make a mod that allows your character to be edited in such a way. The packets sent by your saved character files would have been detected by Blizzard easily, due to malicious/altered source code. Unless you still have these characters on closed, there would be no reason to believe you.

P.S. I'm not saying you didn't make one, I'm just saying it's unlikely.
yeah, that account was deleted the next time i logged on.

Heko

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by KuNgFu-RaDiO
If your account gets deleted right after you edit your characters, what would be the point?
The point is because he wants to. He's experimenting, not sitting around on a useless forum waiting for a thread that starts off with 'NEW DUPE for n00bs NOW 1.10 verified.'

You can only create something by experimenting. You think guys who have figured out exploits in the d2 patches just FOUND them like they were staring them right in the ****ing face?

Everyone in these forums shoot everyone down that don't have pull in the forums. The guys that don't have any pull, try to get some pull by backing the guys who do. Like he had anything to prove to anyone, he wasn't bragging. Like 10,000 ****ing posts means your a 1337 hax0r and 30 means you're a noob. Being n00b to the forum doesn't mean the person is n00b to what he's talking about. Stop being so ****ing closed-minded about everything because the name isn't familiar to you.

Don't believe him? He wasn't trying to prove anything. I even read his original post and I didn't see him bragging about anything ... to all you guys who like to take offense to someone who has 400,000 less posts than you... get a life.

Flame me, flame him, whatever. You big now?

Baal_03

Member!
Reaction score
Website
qualified-human.com
Originally posted by qster
none of those mods will or have ever worked on bnet. the topic of this section is battle.net hacking not single player mods/editing.
i can make my realm player "look" like i have killer stats but its only client side so whats the point.
well, that only proves that you have only used hackit and various other programs, never actually editing the game by yourself. it also proves that you dont have any sort of creative thought. you cant directly edit your character's stats on closed. you can however make a mod that makes it so you get 100,000,000 exp from killing a single fallen. which not only brings your lvl up, but also gives you lots of skill points

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
r u sure that is closed bnet? cuz it looks like open to me :\ im not good at d2 stuff so go ahead call me a noob...

Baal_03

Member!
Reaction score
Website
qualified-human.com
wow Heko, thanks
i dont think ive ever had anyone back me up on a forum before.
though, i was sorta bragging.
they dont believe me cause not a lot of people make mods.
they dont understand the depths at which you can edit the game.
hasnt anyone ever seen the baldurs gate mod?
that changed the game into an entirely different game.
most people just use editors like jamella, so im not suprised that they cant comprehend the amount of work it takes to make your own mods and editors.

qster

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
and the key word here is "mods" which has absolutly nothing to do with bnet hacking now does it. i am not saying that it doesn't take alot of work to create a mod (i had my hand in it for a little while) but the whole point is you can not use any mods on CLOSED bnet. it will not let you log on (bnet checks your patchd2.mpq). most mods do work on open bnet. just as some patched closed hacks also work on open bnet.

Baal_03

Member!
Reaction score
Website
qualified-human.com
and the key word here is "mods" which has absolutly nothing to do with bnet hacking now does it. i am not saying that it doesn't take alot of work to create a mod (i had my hand in it for a little while) but the whole point is you can not use any mods on CLOSED bnet. it will not let you log on (bnet checks your patchd2.mpq). most mods do work on open bnet. just as some patched closed hacks also work on open bnet.
well DER!!
you dont have to edit any files in patchd2 to make a mod.

HellSpawnGothic

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thats a lie..see ive messed with editing the game myself, and diffrent mods, it means nothing in the long run, if you have it so you can buy a certin item, all that happens is that you disc and other shit pointless, if you had those stats, the second u used a point, or atacked someone it would crash, though i suppose if you saved it its possible it would change too a basic max -_-, POSSIBLE! but i highly doubt it with everything...

qster

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
does it matter? for as long as i can remember closed bnet has always checked your version and even if you just edited a few files that changed the your stats a little it is still only client sided images. it may look like you have mega life but a couple of hits and your dead.

Baal_03

Member!
Reaction score
Website
qualified-human.com
umm im pretty sure i would know
i spent months modding
i know its not just client side because one of my mods made it so you only needed 1,000 exp per lvl (that means only 99,000 exp is need for lvl 99) six people joined my room and started bitching at me because their lvls jumped from under 20 all the way up to 99. they didnt want their accounts deleted and were nagging me to change it back. im not sure what happened to them, but they were pretty mad at me.

HellSpawnGothic

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
does it matter? for as long as i can remember closed bnet has always checked your version and even if you just edited a few files that changed the your stats a little it is still only client sided images. it may look like you have mega life but a couple of hits and your dead.
Also bs, again ive done it with mods myself, but it will crash, say you have it so you can buy a p amn from akara, so go to akara, and buy it, btw if i rember correctly actually, itll let you on, but it has 2 sides, so if ur sides wrong it usually overrides, though sometimes if you had so a certin monster spawns, u go out side, u crash o_O, yea heh.

Thirteen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.custommaps.org
I see this has caused a lot of attention. Hopefully my input will clear everything up.

The first thing I noticed was the use of "mod". Some people may have been confused by this. "Modules" for D2Hackit and Diablo II "Modifications" are two very different things. Diablo II Modifications do not work on Battle.Net. I will explain why:

Originally posted by Baal_03
they simply did not realize the fact that you could hack your character by simply editing how the game worked. the only data for your saved cahracters that is actually on the server is the data for the character itself. the rest of the data is on your computer. so, you can make a mod that makes every creature drop uniques and rares and sets when you kill them, and it will work on closed.
Text is clientside. I can make any item have any text or any NPC say anything they want. All on Battle.Net, CLOSED. Works with Graphics, though I'm not to big with that kind of thing.

Now, you see, there is one crucial difference between open and closed. On Open, the game creator is the server. The server's (game creator's) MPQs are used to determine the environment of the game. However, in closed, the server is Battle.Net. They (the servers) use their MPQs. Thus proving everything said in that quote false. I tried to say that in the most positive way without telling the thread creator that he doesn't know what the hell he is talking about.

Text is clientside. There are modules (D2Hackit) that can create such screenshots on Closed. There have been screenshots similar to that on closed. It's nothing too big.

In the end you'll find that D2Hackit modules are actually the tools used to exploit the game...not anything with the MPQs. (Unless you're into scamming.)

Baal_03

Member!
Reaction score
Website
qualified-human.com
Originally posted by HellSpawnGothic
sometimes if you had so a certin monster spawns, u go out side, u crash o_O, yea heh.
that is bs too.
the guy that taught me the basics of modding, which ive improved on quite a bitsince, had a mod on closed that had all the bosses spawn everywhere in act 1. Andarial spawned in the blood moor, duriel spawned in the next area, and so on. he brought me up a several levels by rushing me through there on my clean account.

HellSpawnGothic

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
When you log on bnet, it becomes server side on closed, where you see everything yourself, but they cant, though if it envolves there own items, it can o_O belive it or not it worked once, its intersting, i havnt done it alot, but it was cool, -_- but it is possible, so dont say it aint, yes i am also refering to diablo modication.

Status
Not open for further replies.