Zerg vs Alien xenomorphs

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
The Zerg are totally ripped from Aliens, but are they good enough to beat out their inspiration/predecessors?

The lowdown (Alien features in Orange, Zerg features in Red):

Civilization:
-Hive structure/heirarchy. Individual warrior strains controlled by a big badass Queen that serves as an egg factory/unholy force of Hell.

-Hive structure/heirarchy. Individual warrior strains commanded by a tiered system of "leader" breeds that root themselves at a single governing force. Pre-Brood War, this was the Overmind. Post Brood-War, it's Kerrigan.

Intelligence:
-Queen incredibly intelligent, lesser breeds more instinctually cunning. All demonstrate problem-solving abilities and understand concepts such as ambushes, cause-and-effect, and taking advantage of weaknesses. All breeds capable of their own reasoning and planning.

-Governing strains serve as only intelligence. Without them keeping a tight hold on the Swarm, the bulk of the race devolves to pure savagery, even attacking one another. Intelligent strains capable of cogent communication, but your average individual no smarter than a feral dog.

Troop production:
-Queen generates eggs, which hatch into a larval stage that attaches itself to a suitable host (read: anything with a mouth) and suffocates the host to render it unconscious. While attached, it implants an embryo in the host's chest cavity that leeches nutrients until sufficiently developed, at which point it bursts from the host's body (usually killing the host) and continues growing until it reaches full size. Often, the gestating embryo will absorb more than just nutrients from the host, but also genetic material...this results in a high degree of variation in the adult form, based on many physical characteristics of the host. Only the Queen may produce eggs, but in some situations lesser strains have been known to metamorphose into Queens themselves. Away from the Queen, the larval stage is capable of living for long periods of time, and eggs can last virtually indefinitely.

-Central hive structure produces larvae, which individually evolve into whatever available genetic strain is deemed necessary, as dictated by the governing breeds. Individual Zerg cannot reproduce, only the Drone strain may morph into these central structures and begin producing larvae. Apart from the safety of the Hatchery, larvae quickly die off.

Combat Ability:
-All strains fully combat capable. Larval "facehuggers" generally most concerned with breeding, but are capable of strangling or tearing potential dangers. All strains are of a silicone-based chemical composition that allows for much greater durability, to the extent that all strains are able to survive in a vacuum. Body carapace is very durable, and the teeth and claws are harder than diamonds, capable of biting/slashing through the highest grade of metal produced by humans. Their body fluids are incredibly potent acids and under great pressure within the body; often killing a Xenomorph is as deadly as fighting a live one. All breeds are agile and able to climb on nearly any surface. They sense the world around them presumably through the detection of heat or electrical fields, resulting in them having no difficulty finding prey regardless of lighting.

-Servant and overseer strains non-combative. Warrior strains are highly diverse but generally terrestrial burrowers. They vary greatly in size and specific structure, but tend to share the common ground that most are highly physical fighters relying on sharp claws or teeth. Several strains (particularly airborne ones) have evolved to allow for expulsion of spines or caustic body fluids, giving them ranged attacks. Most combat strains are fairly durable. Master geneticists, the Zerg often analyze newly-encountered genetic material and incorporate it into their biological designs, constantly evolving new breeds from encountered species. Some suitable biological hosts are able to be "infested" and genetically "improved," but only by specific high-ranking Zerg strains.

Zerg Hydralisk (most commonly associated breed):

Xenomorph Warrior strain (most commonly encountered breed):

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this "battle" is on two different levels: pitting one fully-developed hive of each race against one another, who'd win? Also, in a one-on-one fight between a Zerg Hydralisk and a Xenomorph Warrior, who'd win?

Personally, I'm an Aliens fanboy...I think they'd wipe the floor with the Zerg imitators...but with both races being highly adaptive depending on what they encounter, the concept of a hybrid between them is far from unlikely, and truly scares the **** out of me, lol.

So, what do you guys think?

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Why is that Alien fighting Master Chief? That's what I wanna know!

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
How are Zerg ripped from Aliens? The Swarm incorporates new species into its fold and mutates them, the aliens have a pre-set evolution line starting with the facehugger and ending in the drone in most cases. Anyways...

Hydralisk would rape a normal alien drone/warrior, due to the speed of the spines it launches. To get to a Hydralisk in time depending on where they fight, it would either need to be really close or be a Predalien to have the agility needed to leap far enough.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Lol. You're pretty much backwards, DM. Predaliens are kind of the "bulky, slower" strain. Warriors are fast as hell. They could probably dodge enough spines to keep going, and the few they take wouldn't stop them...and wounding the alien without killing it = bad idea. Hydralisks wouldn't do too well vs acid blood, and Aliens are usually smart enough to fling it.

And let us not forget...chance favors the Aliens. Watch every Alien movie...acid blood always shoots exactly where it would be most unfortunate for whoever wounded the Alien. The second a spine pierces that Xenomorph, a spray of acid will both melt the spine and shoot a firehose stream at the Hydralisk.

But yeah, honestly the spines thing is tough for Aliens to beat...but it's not like Aliens never win vs enemies with projectile attacks. They're fast, sneaky, and have the uncanny ability to vanish and pop up right behind you.

Oh, and it may not make the biggest difference, but Aliens have been known to spit their acid. Not as high-velocity or rapid-fire as a Hydra's spines, but deadly too.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
It was on like, Deviant Art or something. Fan-made drawing. I chose it because it's badass, and shows an Alien's size comparing to a popular icon. Just found it Googling for a pic that showed the whole Alien in good detail. I don't know the story, just that Master Chief is about to get devoured. He ain't stopping that thing, not when it's already on him like that. Most Predators can't survive getting that close with an Alien, and they train to hunt those things deliberately.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score

Aliens are pretty cool but i'd have to go with Zerg, purely because they would out-think the xenomorphs.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Aliens fight sissy marines while zerg fights badass marines with powersuit in starcraft.

As a race, i think the zerg easily wins.

but one on one, a hydralisk against an alien, well anything goes its a balance fight as far as i can tell. There is just few details that we've seen on how a hydralisk fight so they aren't justified compared to aliens coz we can see them all the time doing actions on the movies.

op: blue and red colors are hard to read. orange is a good color on a semi-dark background.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Lol. You're pretty much backwards, DM. Predaliens are kind of the "bulky, slower" strain. Warriors are fast as hell. They could probably dodge enough spines to keep going, and the few they take wouldn't stop them...and wounding the alien without killing it = bad idea. Hydralisks wouldn't do too well vs acid blood, and Aliens are usually smart enough to fling it.

And let us not forget...chance favors the Aliens. Watch every Alien movie...acid blood always shoots exactly where it would be most unfortunate for whoever wounded the Alien. The second a spine pierces that Xenomorph, a spray of acid will both melt the spine and shoot a firehose stream at the Hydralisk.

But yeah, honestly the spines thing is tough for Aliens to beat...but it's not like Aliens never win vs enemies with projectile attacks. They're fast, sneaky, and have the uncanny ability to vanish and pop up right behind you.

Oh, and it may not make the biggest difference, but Aliens have been known to spit their acid. Not as high-velocity or rapid-fire as a Hydra's spines, but deadly too.
Acid wouldn't go as fast as the spines in my opinion. Check SC or SC2 and you'll see they fly incredibly fast, that's how they can pierce the hull of a Battlecruiser or the combat suit of a marine. Aliens are fairly fragile as well, especially the drone/runners. Furthermore, if Aliens had their environment to fight on, it's safe to pit the creep under a hydralisk, effectively making the acid attack much less of a threat due to naturally fast regeneration.

Also, I was going off of the games I played. In AvP2, Predaliens were slower walking, but due to their predator origins (I believe), they could leap several times farther and pounce much harder then a standard drone could, easily splattering a marine with no armor in one pounce for a 1 shot.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
This is the way i see it, if the Aliens can get ****ing owned each movie by a single, middle-aged, poor haircut female then they really aren't that great. The Zerg (Led by Kerrigan) have pretty much ****ed over the Terran and Protoss, two entire races.

Zerg wins.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
aliens are more badass than zerg

u know, hydralisks and shoot all they want, but the alien is going to be so ****ing fast it wont matter. It would be like trying to hit a really fast fly(obviously bigger) with a rock. they are agile, athletic.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Zerg because Kerrrigan's Psis Storm will wipe out the entire Alien race. Because Zerg and Kerrigan are that ****ing imbalanced and awesome. FO DA OVAMYND.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
aliens are more badass than zerg

u know, hydralisks and shoot all they want, but the alien is going to be so ****ing fast it wont matter. It would be like trying to hit a really fast fly(obviously bigger) with a rock. they are agile, athletic.
They aren't that fast in the movies...not fast enough to dodge a spray of needles anyways.

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
Zergs would win for they have a air species. I don't believe I've seen xenomorphs capable of air combat.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
That has nothing to do with anything. GO AWAY.
how about this. v

And thats the way the cookie crumbles. I'm Bruce Nolan, and next.
sorry darkmatter.

tell me you dont know bruce nolan.

here. Bruce Nolan (Character)

i already started i can't stop now plus im starting to love this forum. the old members are still very active here making the forum still alive and these don't usually happens on other forums. old users just give up, stop posting and move on to other forum or goes back to reality.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
They aren't that fast in the movies...not fast enough to dodge a spray of needles anyways.
Fast enough to dodge a smoking ball of plasmatic energy from an auto-targeting and highly-advanced AI Predator shoulder cannon.

The way it usually happens is: Guy sees Alien. Guy shoots at Alien. Alien dodges and guy loses track of where the Alien went because his ridiculously powerful weapon blew a massive hole where the Alien used to be and is pouring smoke all over the place, obscuring his view. Guy sweats ****ing bullets as he tries to figure out where the Alien went. Alien drops down from the ceiling behind guy and shoves its second set of jaws through his skull.

And for the information: the movies sadly underpower the Aliens to make for a happy ending (for the most part.) In the books and stuff, if they're found on a planet, even the freaking military capital of human space, that planet is pretty much doomed. They're considered the perfect organism. You never know they're there until there are so flippin many of them that there ain't **** you can do short of nuking the entire damn planet.

Trained hunter Predators that have taken down some of the toughest **** humanity has never seen don't usually expect to come back from a raid through an already-established Alien hive. That's why they make sure there are only like, 7 Aliens around when they take the newbs to get their first kills.

In the entire history of Hunting, like 2 Predators have ever survived a melee encounter with a Queen...and they were not just pre-established hardasses who were pretty much legends already, they were incredibly freaking lucky and used the environment to win. Like, one of the Queens had her head cut off in a closing elevator door...oh yeah, but the Predator in that case eventually died from his injuries so...yeah.

Don't diss the Aliens...they're pretty much synonymous with fear and death in their continuum.

This is the way i see it, if the Aliens can get ****ing owned each movie by a single, middle-aged, poor haircut female then they really aren't that great. The Zerg (Led by Kerrigan) have pretty much ****ed over the Terran and Protoss, two entire races.
Lol, check again.

First movie, the entire crew got ****ing massacred before Ripley was freaking blindly lucky enough to blast the damn thing out the airlock.

Second movie, a hardcore group of badass Marines went into an Alien hive and got slaughtered. 3 people got away: Ripley, Corporal Hicks (who was so heavily wounded his only hope was cryostasis until they found a medical facility), and the little girl they found. They didn't beat the Aliens in that one, they ran the **** away and barely escaped. Ripley beat the Queen how? By blowing it out an airlock.

Third movie, pretty much the most badass prison in human existance, filled with all kinds of seriously bad criminals got completely cleaned out by ONE, repeat ONE single Alien. It wasn't even a Drone, it was spawned from a freaking dog. They finally killed it by trapping it in the smelting plant, superheating it in boiling ****ing steel (which it climbed out of) and then blasting it with cold water to cause its incredibly hot carapace to shatter into a million pieces. Oh yeah, and Ripley got impregnated by a facehugger and was carrying around an embryonic Queen. How'd she get out of that one? She didn't. She jumped in the lava to kill herself and the Queen inside her.

Aaaand the fourth movie (which I barely acknowledge, since it totally ****s the series), stupid military scientists clone Ripley's genetic material to get themselves a Queen for testing purposes (wanting these badass furies of hell as a weapon, naturally), and breed themselves up maybe 8 Alien warriors off a black-market shipment of human colonists. These warriors escape, thoroughly pissed-off by the testing done on them, and slaughter the entire ship filled with seasoned military badasses. Ripley and like 3 people escape (being chased by a mutant human/alien hybrid birthed from the mutated Queen, who'd been changed genetically by the cloning process, her DNA mixed up with Ripley's) onto an escape shuttle. The mutant alien follows her, and the only way that they manage to kill the damn thing is to blow a bullet-sized hole in the glass window. In space. The fleshy, ugly alien gets pulled up against the tiny hole and the whole beast gets pureed through a hole the size of a kiwi...after being so goddamn strong that it actually pulled AWAY from the suction of the vacuum of space for a few seconds.

Yeah, Aliens...weak? No.