Why is US powerful?

Ciphus

Member!
Reaction score
So really, in a weird way, nukes keep the peace if you think about it. Nukes are a deterrent to war. Without nukes I'd say that there would have been and would be many, many more wars that there have been already.

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
So really, in a weird way, nukes keep the peace if you think about it. Nukes are a deterrent to war. Without nukes I'd say that there would have been and would be many, many more wars that there have been already.
Right on.

Anyway, the USA is recovering after 9/11......so eventually it will back to normal....

~D.F.I.~

N[U]TS

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by amrtin77
Well I dont like bush very much myself... I just like kerry even less. Bush does like to spend... but clinton didnt do much for our military. I am all for spending on military. A superpower cant be weak. some may want less military i dunno... I guess im just saying were doing good in iraq, 5.7% unemployment isnt too bad (4% is normal) but our trade deficit and the big 7 trillion dollar deficit aint good.. thats not all bushes fault obviously, but he's not trying to help it much it seems.
the problem with unemployment is people who have these high degrees wanting high priced jobs, which they wont get. They have to start from the bottom like everyone else. A good example would be my dad. He went back to college and got certified for A+ and C++ etc. Now he expects to get a great job right off the bat. That is bs! He has been unemployed for like 1.5 yrs with these certifications. Youd think he would have goten smart by now and gotten a job that he could get right off the bat even if it was only minimum wage.*rolls eyes* Then some people just dont want to do the dirty work which is really pathetic. or they just dont want the low paying jobs.(like my dad) Hell i could go out and get a job right now! but i really dont have the need for the money right now.

yea it sucks to have that much of a deficit. He needs not to concetrate so much on the war in iraq and needs to take the time to come up with some ways to get rid of it.

Plumpamania

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by amrtin77
... but clinton didnt do much for our military. I am all for spending on military. A superpower cant be weak. some may want less military i dunno....

Its is normal for democrats to lessen military and military spending and for republicans to raise it. Its just the difference in philosophies that the 2 parties hold.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by NTS
yes we are at the moment but if it were to occur then ...... well we would just have to see the outcome of it all. but i highly dought yall would use nukes. Its just not humaine to do so for this day and time.

When we bombed japan ,we bombed small cities........ just to let show what could become of Tokyo.:p

Then you are talking about destruction of your culture, humanity goes on to the second place. We did many horrible things then we were expandingm Kosaks used to kill babies by putting them on a spear and throwing them into fire. In Alaska one russian officer tried to answer a question how many alleutes would it take to stop a cannonball shot from a 2 meter range, the answer is 8.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Look what Japan did to the Chineese in World War 2. I recommend reading the book The Rape of Nanking if you want to see an inhumane holocaust. Otmo is right on this. Humans can be totally inhumane if they are brought up to be like that and made to think it's right.

With Russia having nukes, even if we did defeat them in a land invasion, we would most likely go easy on them politically. Not take much land, probably just weaken their military... If we did too much to piss them off a nuclear war may be possible. I really don't think humans are stupid enough to start a nuclear war... Unless, as I've said many times, they are fanatically religious, or insane.

Plumpamania

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Agreed with both of you. Just look at dogs. People treat them like crap. They don't feed them, just beat the shit out of them, and ppl wonder why some dogs are just plain old vicous. If you raise a person with the only intended goal in life is to kill.

Then by God's grace's I hope he dies. Look at special force soldiers who experience reoccuring trauma due to war and their training. The Hunted is a perfect example of that.

We bring it on ourselves.

OT: 600th post yay:D

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, sometimes i jsut want things to be simple, enemies on one side your comrades on the other, your horse is fast, your shashka (russian sword) is sharp and the blood is about to sprey, MOscow is ofcourse always behind you and your people depend on you to kill the enemies. Thats a good kind of viciousness, but it is no different from the kind you people are talking about.

The question is, what do you do?

HavocAngel

Reaction score
Website
www.hostultra.com
OK!! I think we all know why the US is powerful now... lol we also know another thing.... that alot of people like to write really long posts about WHY the US is powerful... which leads to another thing... people who care about the us write good about the us... and people who don't care about the us write good about the US because of what they hear.... ALSO, ALL you people out there talking about the US is great is what is making it a great nation... if we all went around talking smack about our country, then we would probobly be less of a great nation :p Therefore... (why am i saying this like i am writing a paper???) oh well.... Therefore, I beleive that the reason the United States IS so powerful is because of the people who live here and the fact that they all LOVE the country... if you go around and ask people, I BET YOU that 95% of the people you ask will have nothing wrong about this country.... well... maybe one thing... 3 letters... G.W.B. (and for all of you that dont know what our biggest problem is, THAT DOES NOT STAND FOR GAY WAD BOYS!!! It just maybe stands for the president of the united states... he NEEDS to be taken off his HIGH THRONE and throne into a mental institution for all the things he is trying to do to our country... FIN!

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Look what Japan did to the Chineese in World War 2. I recommend reading the book The Rape of Nanking if you want to see an inhumane holocaust. Otmo is right on this. Humans can be totally inhumane if they are brought up to be like that and made to think it's right.
I'm very disturbed about what the yankes did about this... really. Rape of nanjing. Maybe someone should make a thread about how people can be so cruel.

HavocAngel, you're right about Bush :). I assure you that there is no need to put so many dots, just use a comma :).

Agreed with both of you. Just look at dogs. People treat them like crap. They don't feed them, just beat the shit out of them, and ppl wonder why some dogs are just plain old vicous.
When?

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by ORC-r0x0r-ROC
I'm very disturbed about what the yankes did about this... really. Rape of nanjing. Maybe someone should make a thread about how people can be so cruel.

? link dont work....

what are you talking about? its americas fault japan screwed up the chineese? yes america hid the truth because we wanted japans support during the cold war.. we also didnt punish the japs as much as the germans becasue i think they gave us info on their "experiments." some japaneese still refuse to admit it ever happened. the rest of the world knew. american foreigners werent the only ones who stayed in the city. some german and british were among the 20 or so if i recall. we're not the only ones who kept quiet about the incident.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by HavocAngel
OK!! I think we all know why the US is powerful now... lol we also know another thing.... that alot of people like to write really long posts about WHY the US is powerful... which leads to another thing... people who care about the us write good about the us... and people who don't care about the us write good about the US because of what they hear.... ALSO, ALL you people out there talking about the US is great is what is making it a great nation... if we all went around talking smack about our country, then we would probobly be less of a great nation :p Therefore... (why am i saying this like i am writing a paper???) oh well.... Therefore, I beleive that the reason the United States IS so powerful is because of the people who live here and the fact that they all LOVE the country... if you go around and ask people, I BET YOU that 95% of the people you ask will have nothing wrong about this country.... well... maybe one thing... 3 letters... G.W.B. (and for all of you that dont know what our biggest problem is, THAT DOES NOT STAND FOR GAY WAD BOYS!!! It just maybe stands for the president of the united states... he NEEDS to be taken off his HIGH THRONE and throne into a mental institution for all the things he is trying to do to our country... FIN!
I dont care about US, i never really said it was great. Russia is bettre for me.

N[U]TS

Reaction score
Originally posted by HavocAngel
I BET YOU that 95% of the people you ask will have nothing wrong about this country.... well... maybe one thing... 3 letters... G.W.B. (and for all of you that dont know what our biggest problem is, THAT DOES NOT STAND FOR GAY WAD BOYS!!! It just maybe stands for the president of the united states... he NEEDS to be taken off his HIGH THRONE and throne into a mental institution for all the things he is trying to do to our country... FIN!
wrong! our biggest problem is the large deficit. Bush needs not to concentrate so much on the war in iraq. He needs to take some time and figure out a way to get rid of the deficit. Everything else is good besides our high unemployment.<--that is just lazyness. There are plenty of jobs out there. you just have to take what u can get till a better one opens up.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well you got it better then most, you should already be happy. Ofcourse i would be happy if your economy was the way it was in 1998, my father trades stocks online, his freind got 3 million bucks then he was doing exactly same thing in 1998.

N[U]TS

Reaction score
Originally posted by Otmorozok
Well you got it better then most, you should already be happy. Ofcourse i would be happy if your economy was the way it was in 1998, my father trades stocks online, his freind got 3 million bucks then he was doing exactly same thing in 1998.

I agree with you otmor. the US does have it better than most, yet people still wine which is sad. 1998, i think that was when dell hit its peek and made people millionaires.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The same year in Russia the ruble fell in value greatly, inflation was horrible, government became in debt up to their ears.