.::[Tutorial/FAQ]::.

Dethstalker

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.game-grounds.com
Originally posted by M3_feelin_0wn3d
what do you mean with this? i dont get it?
If you mean the brush list its under Window in the top. If u uncheck it it will stop all the units and things from loading like 100k things and it will make it much faster.....
=======================
Tip 15. When making a map with alot of heros to select such as a siege or RPG be sure to add an option that allows the players to repick there hero.
=======================
Tip 16. When you edit a map even if its a small edit be sure to add in the loading screen or discription that that version is made/edited by you.

Axxaer

Member!
Reaction score
ok, im looking at making a tower defence map and i need help with one part atm

the creatures will spawn and move from a to b. if this is all the scripting i put in, will the creatures attack anything that blocks their way or not? how can i change this?

Speaker

Premium Member
Reaction score
eventually.. after a few minutes they will attack... but you dont want this..im nto quite sure as of now, but i will check into it...

until then.. look at wintermaul triggers. :\ i rarely reccomend this.. (looking at other trigger) b/c i can usually help.. but i made a td b4 and had this workig..i will try to get back to you on it.. its not that easy of a trigger...

it's mroe complicated then what u have poted above..

Advice.. doing: attack-move-to will not make thi trigger work properly

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Set the Amont of dmg die and the sides per die so say 1 die and 9 sides would give you 1-9 dmg so say to get 5-50 could go 5 with 10 thats 5-50 so to get you 58-61 you could set minimum dmg to 57 then 1 die with 4 sides so dmg possible is 58 59 60 and 61 got it?

Nieffed

Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Originally posted by Icedragon
Set the Amont of dmg die and the sides per die so say 1 die and 9 sides would give you 1-9 dmg so say to get 5-50 could go 5 with 10 thats 5-50 so to get you 58-61 you could set minimum dmg to 57 then 1 die with 4 sides so dmg possible is 58 59 60 and 61 got it?
lol, they wont be able to understand it when you say something like that! *tsk*poor nooblish players*tsk*

M

martingo

check this out all warcraft mappers

this reopened forum needs new members since the closing.... its good for all those who likes games especially warcraft and starcraft...

for those who likes making warcraft or starcraft maps and campaigns.. heres a lot of tutorials to enjoy

the site is http://www.martins-web-forum.cjb.net

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Yea, I noticed your changes speaker, thanks, they make it look purdy.

-Frank :cool:

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
*Merging with Ultimate Tutorial Thread*

CheeseyPeanutz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i downloaded a bunch of custom skins and 2 custom models, one of the models shows up in the game when i try to play, but none of the skins work they just show the regular skin and the 2nd model doesnt even show at all. how can i make sure all the skins and the 2nd model will show up in game not just the world editor???

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Arrays and Dialogs

Yes, folks another tutorial by me about the magic of arrays. and some more on dialogs.

I recently discovered how helpful arrays can be and how many triggers they save you in the end.

Ok, first of all, for those who don't know, let me explain to you what arrays actually are.

Arrays are actually a mathmatical term meaning: to set or place in order (From wesbter's online). Basically, an array is a big open ches to store all your valuables. I always start my gamesyb creating just plain Player arrays, then PLayer Group Arrays (Some tirgger require you to choose a perso from a player group rather then use the Players, usually text related triggers).

Another thing you need ot kow about arrays is the Array Index. The array Index basically states, which of the 5 objects you're working with. So if we have a vriable of PlayersArray with a size of 5, your 5 indexes would be look like this

PlayersArray [1]
PlayersArray [2]
PlayersArray [3]
PlayersArray [4]
PlayersArray [5]

Let's say we have an array named Flowers with a size of 3. The we need to define what we want to set the variables in our indexes to:

Flowers[1] = Tulips
Flowers[2] = Roses
Flowers[3] = Poppy

Then, to call up Roses yuou would type Flowers[2].

Here's how I would set-up my beginning arrays. Before we do that, we need to define a few variables:

Variable Name: PlayersArray
Variable Type: Player
Array? Yes Size: However many you want, for our example we'll use 5

Variable Name: PlayerGroupsArray
Variable Type: Player Group
Array? Yes Size: Same as Players, but for us, 5

Events
Map Initlization

Conditions
None

Actions
Comment - Trigger Comment ----Set Players Array----
Set Variable - Set PlayersArray [1] = (Preset) Player 1 (Red)
Set Variable - Set PlayersArray [2] = (Preset) Player 2 (Blue)
Set Variable - Set PlayersArray [3] = (Preset) Player 3 (Teal)
Set Variable - Set PlayersArray [4] = (Preset) Player 4 (Purple)
Set Variable - Set PlayersArray [5] = (Preset) Player 5 (Yellow)
Comment - Trigger Comment ----Set Player Groups Array----
Set Variable - Set PlayerGroupsArray [1] = Player Group - Player 1 (Red)
Set Variable - Set PlayerGroupsArray [2] = Player Group - Player 2 (Blue)
Set Variable - Set PlayerGroupsArray [3] = Player Group - Player 3 (Teal)
Set Variable - Set PlayerGroupsArray [4] = Player Group - Player 4 (Purple)
Set Variable - Set PlayerGroupsArray [5] = Player Group - Player 5 (Yellow)

You can also use arrays for things such as Leaderboards, Unit Groups, Unit arrays, anything you want that the editor will allow you to.

Now, we move onto another thing people have been asking me about, dialogs.

Now, I'll be combining our knowledge or arrays to work with dialogs too, as arrays are helpful everywhere.

Let's say, a player, let's make him Player 1, types in -taunt player list and a dialog pops up giving him an optio of which of the 5 players are playing, displays there names on the dialogs, then when he clicks, sends out a message to them.

Ok, there's a couple variables we need to define before we begin here.

NOTE: We'll be sung our Player Array from the above example in this trigger.

Variable Name: TauntPlayerList
Variable Type: Dialog
Array? No

Variable Name: TauntPLayerListButtons
Variable Type: Dialog Button
Array? Yes Size: 5

First, let's define our arrays.

Events
Player - Chat Message - Player 1 (Red) types -taunt player list as An exact match

Conditions
None

Actions
Dialog - Change Title - Change Title for TauntPlayerList to Choose a player to taunt

If/Then/Else, Multiple Actions
If - Conditions
Player Slot Status Comparison - Player 2 (Blue) slot status equal to is playing
Then - Actions
Dialog - Create a dialog button titled Player - Player Name - Name of Players [2]
Set TauntPlayersListButtons [2] = (Last Created Dialog Button)
Else - Actions
Do Nothing

If - Conditions
Player Slot Status Comparison - Player 3 (Teal) slot status equal to is playing
Then - Actions
Dialog - Create a dialog button titled Player - Player Name - Name of Players [3]
Set TauntPlayersListButtons [3] = (Last Created Dialog Button)
Else - Actions
Do Nothing

If - Conditions
Player Slot Status Comparison - Player 4 (Purple) slot status equal to is playing
Then - Actions
Dialog - Create a dialog button titled Player - Player Name - Name of Players [4]
Set TauntPlayersListButtons [4] = (Last Created Dialog Button)
Else - Actions
Do Nothing

If - Conditions
Player Slot Status Comparison - Player 5 (Yellow) slot status equal to is playing
Then - Actions
Dialog - Create a dialog button titled Player - Player Name - Name of Players [5]
Set TauntPlayersListButtons [5] = (Last Created Dialog Button)
Else - Actions
Do Nothing
Dialog - Show/Hide Dialog - Show TauntPlayerList to Player 1 (Red)

Don't forget to drop trigger comments between each of the If/Then/Else statements to recognize them as you progress on your map.

Now we need to set our triggers on what to do once a button is clicked.

Events
Dialog - A Dialog Button is Clicked - A dialog button is clicked for TauntPlayerList

Conditions
Or, Multiple Conditions
Dialog Button Comparison - (Clicked dialog button) = TauntPlayersListButtons [2]
Dialog Button Comparison - (Clicked dialog button) = TauntPlayersListButtons [3]
Dialog Button Comparison - (Clicked dialog button) = TauntPlayersListButtons [4]
Dialog Button Comparison - (Clicked dialog button) = TauntPlayersListButtons [5]

Actions
If/Then/Else, Multiple actions
If-Conditions
Dialog Button Comparison - (Clicked dialog button) = TauntPlayersListButtons [2]
Then-Actions
Dialog - Show/Hide - Hide TauntPlayersList from Player 1 (Red)
Game - Text Message (Auto-Timed) - Display text message to (All Players) Player Name - Name of Player 1 (Red) says to PlayersArray [2] "You Suck Noob!"
Else-Actions
Do Nothing

If-Conditions
Dialog Button Comparison - (Clicked dialog button) = TauntPlayersListButtons [3]
Then-Actions
Game - Text Message (Auto-Timed) - Display text message to (All Players) Player Name - Name of Player 1 (Red) says to PlayersArray [3] "You Suck Noob!"
Else-Actions
Do Nothing

If-Conditions
Dialog Button Comparison - (Clicked dialog button) = TauntPlayersListButtons [4]
Then-Actions
Game - Text Message (Auto-Timed) - Display text message to (All Players) Player Name - Name of Player 1 (Red) says to PlayersArray [4] "You Suck Noob!"
Else-Actions
Do Nothing

If-Conditions
Dialog Button Comparison - (Clicked dialog button) = TauntPlayersListButtons [5]
Then-Actions
Game - Text Message (Auto-Timed) - Display text message to (All Players) Player Name - Name of Player 1 (Red) says to PlayersArray [5] "You Suck Noob!"
Else-Actions
Do Nothing

Well, there ya go, ogt anyquestions, feel free to ask!

I know it should be in Tutorial/FAQ but I thought I'd leave it here for a week or so so it's easier to find.

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
*Merging with Tutorial/FAQ Thread*

CheeseyPeanutz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
for creep respawning triggers do you have to do each unit individually or can you do one trigger for all the creeps???

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if you give the creep group a variable as a unit group i think its possible. something like
event-w8 2 seconds of game time
actions-create (()) for (()) at region (()) facing (())
variable-set (make unit group variable) as last created unitgroup (create trigger might be other 1this is right out of ma head)

ilikeprinters

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
how can i make it so when qa unit enters a regoin the unit attack range and range of sight are increases by a large amount?

CheeseyPeanutz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
have the unit able to have an upgrade like ultravasion and long bows from night elf and change the upgrades a bit.

the_playa6916

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
for each inter...?

:confused: hey i was just wondering what "for each integer A do action" and "For each integer B do action" do?

the_playa6916

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey i was just wondering what "For Each Integer A, Do Action" and "For Each Integer B, Do Action" Do? And what's the difference between them?

the_playa6916

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
for each inter...?

:confused: hey i was just wondering what "for each integer A do action" and "For each integer B do action" do?

the_playa6916

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
for each inter...?