Toss has air and what is the best of all of em?

What is best Toss air unit?

• Scout

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Corsair

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Arbiter

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Carrier

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • shuttle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Observer

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by SkuZZy
Cause most of the time people attacking with carriers attack wth 8 or more. So if you hallucinate one of them, the other 7 will kill it before you even stand a chance at moving it. Now if you have 5-6 dark archons, then you can cause some trouble, but dark archons cost alot to make, require alot of research, take up alot of space out of your 200/200 max units and mind control takes alot of energy...
i agree with it all.

but one time at a lan. one of our friends was kick ass at sc (compared to us anyhow) so it was a 3 on 1. he took out one of us quick. left like one buildint so he could watch.

i was still in my noob (carries are cool) stage and had 20 of them. he had like 30 dark archons. he captured ALL OF MY CARRIERS.

and guess what he did with them. yup. sent them right back to my base. that was all my guys.. it was ment to be a final assault to finish him off. needless to say he kicked all of our ass's.

this tactic only works on noobs though.. cause no reputable player would ever make mass carriers.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok i just play a 2/3c game and corsairs suck. yeah you can take out all their food supply when their zerg.. but they can make like 24 of em in about 30seconds.. and corsairs dont last long with hydra's around.

for the amount of time spent on trying to take their food supply out and the money to just waist on a unit that can never win the war for you. i find them useless.

carriers are laughable.. i cant believe so many ppl voted for it. i challenge anyone to go all carriers on me and try and win.. rofl. my scouts will own your carriers.

im really suprised no one has voted for shuttle yet. shuttle with a reever is devistating espeically if you can get them into their main min deposite and wipe out all their drones.

only reason i didnt vote shuttle is cause i dont use the drop in technique very often.

Payment

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I would have to say that corrsairs offer the best air attacks for protoss.

They have splash damage for one, are very cheap, have some good upgradable special attacks, and have an okay attack.

While I don't think that corrsairs are good to attack with in large numbers.... they are good to attack with some other units as backup. Send in some other air units, and have your corsairs imobilize their ground units. Meanwhile, attack their other buildings, and have the corsairs go for their air units.

Corrsairs are a very well rounded unit, but I wish they could attakck ground...

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Corsairs are awesome! They are cheap and easy to get. In a way the Corsair is a mix between a Lurker and a Ling with upgraded attack speed that can attack air only. They arn't great in a mass and they can be easiy destroyed, but on the upside they are cheap ad require no extra tech stuff after Stargate.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
I voted observer because it is impossible to win a single game without it. I will have 10 observers patrolling the entire map at all times to see what the enemy is doing and where he is expanding. It also detects spider mines and lurkers, which are allways used against protoss.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Obserevers are pretty cool. They arn't huge and expensive and they cloak.
Better than an Overlord except for the fact that Overlords can drop and detect at the same time.
And Sci Vessels have spells but suck in HP.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
No unit in BW sucks, u have to use all of them.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
No, carriers, like all other units, can be countered. U cant win by using only one type of units.

Richochet

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Im not a carrier fan, far too expensive unless your playing a money map... I like arbitors, they work well with a massive ammount of ground units, plus you can take more then one, and recall your units, in several attack places...Also i'd say Observer, its needed after several minutes of play.

Remiraz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Richochet
Im not a carrier fan, far too expensive unless your playing a money map... I like arbitors, they work well with a massive ammount of ground units, plus you can take more then one, and recall your units, in several attack places...Also i'd say Observer, its needed after several minutes of play.
One interesting thing I have seen with Arbitor is when its used to counter Heavy Metal. (If you can last that long in the first place kekeke)

The cloaking field actually shortens the range of the Siege Tank to the range of Science Vessels detection.
Then you'll have to have Science Vessels out a distance ahead of your Tank...prone to Mind Control or Feedback~

H

hero-imcomplete

carriers all the way

I have to say that a large group of carriers with max interceptors, though slow to produce and expensive, can own just about anything.

Remiraz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: carriers all the way

Originally posted by hero-imcomplete
I have to say that a large group of carriers with max interceptors, though slow to produce and expensive, can own just about anything.
Nope.

Remiraz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: my opinion

Originally posted by BAALsminion
what i do is take 2 carriers, 6 scouts, 2 arbiters (to bring in more reinforcements faster) 1 observer and 1 corsair, per group of 12
What do you do while building up that group of units?
You know your opponent is going to attack, expand and stop your expansion.

Also, all air does not have the impact Reavers + Templars + Goons + Carriers have.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
since it takes quite a while to get all the techs, i usually have a few reavers on hand, coupled with goons and high templars (psi storm rocks), even though those can take a while too, while im waiting for that, i usually have around 30+ zealots/goons on d, i usually send out a zealot or 2 to scout, i once got an observer into a guys base, and he didn't notice until my final attack, this may not seem like a good strat, especially because it eats up a bunch of minerals, but all of my def. units are usually called in for the final assault with recall, but when i attack w/ my air, i usually have like 5-10 groups, takes forever, even with 12 stargates(only tried that once, used too much cash on SG, not on units), if you guys see any huge flaws other than the cash flow (usually 13+ drones on minerals) or low unit count, point them out, everyone could use a little help now and then, im more than a bit rusty at the moment, and im not sure if any of this is exactly correct

Remiraz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by BAALsminion
since it takes quite a while to get all the techs, i usually have a few reavers on hand, coupled with goons and high templars (psi storm rocks), even though those can take a while too, while im waiting for that, i usually have around 30+ zealots/goons on d, i usually send out a zealot or 2 to scout, i once got an observer into a guys base, and he didn't notice until my final attack, this may not seem like a good strat, especially because it eats up a bunch of minerals, but all of my def. units are usually called in for the final assault with recall, but when i attack w/ my air, i usually have like 5-10 groups, takes forever, even with 12 stargates(only tried that once, used too much cash on SG, not on units), if you guys see any huge flaws other than the cash flow (usually 13+ drones on minerals) or low unit count, point them out, everyone could use a little help now and then, im more than a bit rusty at the moment, and im not sure if any of this is exactly correct
Don't plan a "final attack" when you play.
Try to constantly attack your opponent while losing less than he is losing in terms of mineral value.

Of course, these are for competitive games on non-money map.
If you play on Big Gay Hunters or it equal, well...

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
well, when they only have like 20 units, and maybe like 2 buildings, and you know it to be true, a final attack just makes the loser look bad, its so fun to humiliate people

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Re: carriers all the way

Originally posted by hero-imcomplete
Only carriers? No zealots? No observers? No high templars? I could own 12 carriers with only golls or a group of cloaked wraiths (if u dont have observers)

Also, ghosts lockdown carriers.

lordson

Member!
Reaction score
Australia, Melbourne Rules Sydney is a hole
Dragoons

dudes

against newbies there only one strategy

just Dragoons, Dragoons Dragoons

if they try to melee you, just move your dragoons out of they way if you've got the better range upgrade

mai friend (Ranked Second in Australia)
versed 5 of mai other firends

he jsut massed Dragooned us and we couldn't do jack
i sent 24 zealots at him and he jsut took them all out.

that was a long time ago, ima better player now