Things to Consider..

Ryu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
First off, there seems to be some misconceptions about SC Ghost:

It's a Tactical/Action game, not an FPS from what I've gathered. If you've ever played Metal Gear, then Ghost is probably similiar to that, except you'll have a larger array of abilities rather then relying solely on sneaking and collecting new weapons.

It's being released on Multiplatform, so more then likely all 3 of the new console systems will get it. Though it wasn't mentioned in this forum, I've heard some people on other forums complaining that Blizzard probably sold out to Sony or Microsoft, but if they're releasing for all systems, they're obviously not being paid by either companies. Usually it's the software developers that have to pay the console makers for rights to make game for their systems in the form of royalties.

I don't see what the problem about this game coming out on console only is. Being both a PC and Console gamer, I recognize that some games should only be on PC, while others should only be on Consoles. Take a look at Starcraft 64 for the Nintendo 64 for example, I'm sure most who have played it will say that the game sucks, and the interface is too clumsy to be played on a console. However, most of us here will agree that although Starcraft 64 sucks, starcraft for the PC is an awesome game. SC Ghost is like that, it's a game designed for console gaming. It's not an FPS, and if the gameplay is anything like the Metal Gear games for PS and PS2, then it would be a very awkward game to play for PC without having to buy a controller, much like how you had to buy a mouse for SC64. Sometimes it's the medium which the game is presented that makes the game good.

Blizzard take in a lot of consideration when they make their games, and this is probably a game they've been designing for the console for awhile now. People shouldn't get mad just because the company decides to expand their market and seek to make some more profit, would you rather they don't try to be innovative and eventually go bankrupt and not make any game at all?

There's no reason for you to feel betrayed or let down just because of this game, Blizzard has already made tons of great games for the PC, and now they wish to show their game expertise and expose the world of Starcraft to a different market, don't be selfish and think only of yourself and your situation. Console gamers didn't whine and complain when companies such as Konami and Squaresoft started developing games for the PC (most didn't anyways), they were mainly content with the games they were already given by those companies.

On a final note, I'm eager to see Starcraft: Ghost released, and will get the game soon as it comes out. And by the time Ghost is released, World of Warcraft will be just around the corner, so PC gamers still have something great to look forward to from Blizzard. Remember, don't be upset about what you don't have, but be thankful for what you do.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I'm eager to see starcraft ghost as well. I think people have a right to be disppointed though. The fact that blizzard announced it on their website and made it look like (in the eyes of many) that it was going to be starcraft 2, was unfair. Since it's a console game, hyping it up on the web might not have been the best thing to do, since the majority of the people who have computers, probably don't play on consoles that much. Anyways, i'll have a Starcraft Ghost website up in a couple of days, so needless to say, i'm looking forward to the release of the game. I just wish they were releasing it for PC as well. In my mind, I don't feel betrayed. I do feel like blizzard is purpously avoiding releasing it for the PC. I'm sure they have their reasons, but I wish they would make them more clear on there website, as to why they won't be releasing this for PC also.

Ryu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, if they were going to make a PC port of SC:G, it would probably end up taking nearly a year before the PC version comes out. When making PC games, they have to make the game compatible with so many variables, such as working on different operating systems, video cards, different controllers (this game doesn't look like it can be played with mouse/keyboard, it's not an FPS), etc,.

I don't know how many PC gamers out there plays console as well, but in my opinion, sticking to only either PC or consoles for your gaming experience really means you're missing out on a lot of good games. If I were a PC only gamer, I'd have missed out on Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear: Sons of Libirty, and the upcoming Starcraft: Ghost. If I were a console only gamer, I would've missed out on Starcraft, Diablo 2, WC3. All these games are great, and I am thankful I'm open enough to give both PC and Console a chance, cause they all have great games to offer. Niether platform is better then the other, just different games.

I'm a Blizzard fan, and hearing them say they're making a game on Console is exciting news.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Most people are mad that Blizzard made it look like StarCraft II, but I'm not. I think that making is appear to be StarCraft II so well that it made people's mouths water, then turning it into something totally different was funny, and clever. I give them props for that.

KerriganForever

Member!
Reaction score
Website
stores.andale.com
Apparently it's great "Marketing!"

Blizzard's largest audiance comes from PC gamers. There was like 3,000 gamers that showed up at this one computer store in Irvine-California to buy WCII when it first released. Everyone went there because the Blizzard's design staff was there to autogragh the game. People were buying two and three boxes, worth $75.00 each! I could see why Blizzard would try to coax PC gamers to turn to consoles. Also, allot of people have consoles in their mini-vans, out here in California and its always fun to game in the car on the way home from school. Plus, im not in a rush to buy a StarCraft II anyway, im still enjoying kicken gamers asses with BroodWar!!!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
truely,

You ppl refer to the site making it look like starcraft 2, yet i got none of that off the site. i didn't expect starcraft 2 for years to come, nd in your excited rampage, you assumed it looks like starcraft 2. yet you wouldn't even know because the blizzard website said in the FAQ that currently no one was working on starcraft 2, and will release several games before the starting of the productions. that is why rumors are evil, you kept posting that it was starcraft 2, yet the was absolutly no proof. the picture wasn't even clear. and yes i balieve that a multi platform is a good idea, i know that diablo 1, and warcraft 2 exp was on the playstation, and starcraft exp on nintendo 64. (i notice your posts include being ripped off by starcraft 64 because it didn't include the expandion, but my friend who has the game plays multiplkayer with me all the tim with brood war characters.) anyways im done.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Re: truely,

Originally posted by pan_the_man
You ppl refer to the site making it look like starcraft 2, yet i got none of that off the site. i didn't expect starcraft 2 for years to come, nd in your excited rampage, you assumed it looks like starcraft 2. yet you wouldn't even know because the blizzard website said in the FAQ that currently no one was working on starcraft 2, and will release several games before the starting of the productions.
Two things:
  • 1) I'd like to see where it states that many more prodects would be released before StarCraft II. Even if this was true, announcing a project is not releasing it. If they did announce SCII, they could get WoW, and maybe some other game out, before hand.
  • 2) Do you expect Blizzard to say, "We're working on StarCraft II as we speak" in the FAQ section when it hasn't been announced?