The reason BattleForums isn't as good as before is because everyone has grown up

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Had a little thought yesterday about BattleForums, after, for the first time, I was unable to make a post because I couldn't think of anything to say.

People like Pan, Theroy and myself were 13, 14 years old when BattleForums was in its first two years? People like coRtALoS, Crookedfoot and glowpole have got on with their lives and are forced to spend less time on the forums. People like Hitsua who were so carefree in those days are now grumpy little members with very little good to say but spam and flame. Time's changed quite a bit, and it's obviously hurt the forums.

Come on, let's face it, growing up was supposed to make the forums more mature, but we have reduced ourselves to menial flames and spam.

BlizzForums went and took itself out in the New Year. One competitor down, and yet it feels like it has already happened to this forum. It's weird, isn't it?

We need to put the Chit-Chat back into Chit-Chat. Honestly.*

L

Laharl

I agree, and that's why I made a solemn promise to never grow up. You're right though, many of the older members have either gone away or do almost nothing but flame. But, what can we possibly do?

Auron

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Blizzforums is coming back.

I came young too and then grew up, cool eh!

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
You're just not realizing this?

L

Laharl

I'm not grumpy, and I don't spam nearly as much as some. I don't flame outside of the asylum or void, and I lead a blissfully happy existance.

Don't ruin it on me.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Here, I'll be more care-free, and spam more.

Huzzah!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
No shit, Sherlock.

Anyway, the real problem is the lack of new members. Younger members. You bananas scare away all the kids that show up in Teh Asylum except a few. And we need more.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
TrongaMonga said:
No shit, Sherlock.

Anyway, the real problem is the lack of new members. Younger members. You bananas scare away all the kids that show up in Teh Asylum except a few. And we need more.
Apparently thats my fault, according to a lot of people on here.

L

Laharl

It is your fault, Mike. I'm working on recruiting people, but I'm only one man!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Pizza said:
Apparently thats my fault, according to a lot of people on here.
You don't call people newbies for things they aren't newbie at.

You just don't know what they aren't newbies at.

L

Laharl

I believe in treating all people with some level of respect; especially newer people. Because if you don't have new players/posters the game/forum will, naturally, die. When that happens we all lose.

Vic

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
x42bn6 said:
Had a little thought yesterday about BattleForums, after, for the first time, I was unable to make a post because I couldn't think of anything to say.

People like Pan, Theroy and myself were 13, 14 years old when BattleForums was in its first two years? People like coRtALoS, Crookedfoot and glowpole have got on with their lives and are forced to spend less time on the forums. People like Hitsua who were so carefree in those days are now grumpy little members with very little good to say but spam and flame. Time's changed quite a bit, and it's obviously hurt the forums.

Come on, let's face it, growing up was supposed to make the forums more mature, but we have reduced ourselves to menial flames and spam.

BlizzForums went and took itself out in the New Year. One competitor down, and yet it feels like it has already happened to this forum. It's weird, isn't it?

We need to put the Chit-Chat back into Chit-Chat. Honestly.*
Where is TwAk when we need him? We seem to just be missing all the people who made this forum what it is. And they left because everyone wanted to be more mature, that's why I stopped posting because everything became all Nazi and shit. *

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Thats a good way of looking at it. As people grow up and mature, the things that were once so appealing about certain people, places or things seem to disappear. :(