The reason BattleForums isn't as good as before is because everyone has grown up

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
x42bn6 said:
Had a little thought yesterday about BattleForums, after, for the first time, I was unable to make a post because I couldn't think of anything to say.

People like Pan, Theroy and myself were 13, 14 years old when BattleForums was in its first two years? People like coRtALoS, Crookedfoot and glowpole have got on with their lives and are forced to spend less time on the forums. People like Hitsua who were so carefree in those days are now grumpy little members with very little good to say but spam and flame. Time's changed quite a bit, and it's obviously hurt the forums.

Come on, let's face it, growing up was supposed to make the forums more mature, but we have reduced ourselves to menial flames and spam.

BlizzForums went and took itself out in the New Year. One competitor down, and yet it feels like it has already happened to this forum. It's weird, isn't it?

We need to put the Chit-Chat back into Chit-Chat. Honestly.*

Yeah dude the "big players" on this forum have grown up. But is better this way.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Could also be that when someone tried to make a effort to help, it is overlooked, shotdown, or even just not noticed.

Case in point, I made a Smiter Guide, so every new person can stop making the same old thread about needing help with a Smiter build, gear, ect.

Also, months ago I did one for a Cleric/Monk build, as well as others.

These, could be looked at, and possiblily sticked in the guides, but, they aren't.

Instead of making the same boo hoo thread month after month of what is wrong, why not, do things that are easy to fix, update, ect. to at least make it look like we actually are a gaming forum. I mean that was the original purpose here right? Then these members can branch off like so many of us have done to post in other areas.

To be honest, I already joined with another forum just for D2, I don't see the point of posting in a D2 section here that is not willing to update, and keep their members current with what is going on with the games they are here for.

Not like anyone knows me here, (or cares if I am here or not for that matter) but this IS how you loose members.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Then again, it would suck if we had more than one "x42".

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
We could try updating to more "current" games to get an influx of new members... how many people are actually still going out and buying a game like D2? Most of the people on D2 have been playing for a while, and would know about this place by now if they cared.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
hi. im new here at battleforums. looks like a good place. i was recruited by a guy named carbon. he was really cool and told me how great these forums are. i cant believe i didnt come sooner!

Xice_God

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.xtremesystems.org
why dont you simply ignore the wow section then?
or declare a nuclear war against him?
the first solution sound more acceptable, though

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
I understand that we've been maturing, but why hasn't a new, younger userbase started to take over? Are we really scaring them off?

As for people maturing... look at my first post. Look at almost all my posts from any time. You'll notice some consistency. I've always tended to keep my posts rather mature. I've caught up to my mature ways of posting in the past (I wasn't really mature back in 2002, I just liked to post that way). My maturing on Battleforums consisted of expanding from one forum to another. First the Starcraft and Warcraft sections, then Counter-strike, then Arcane Sanctuary, then Chit-Chat, and now I post in The Asylum every now and then--a relatively new development.

As much as I'd hate to see Battleforums go, I gotta be honest: my grades would improve if it wasn't around.

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
i usually check hoping the WoW forum is actually different than the last time i was here.

or the gfx forum

or any to be honest

-(and since roach is a stupid ****, update my account back to Akule)

(P.P.S. Edd saw you online today. <3)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
x42bn6 said:
Hello there, Forged! ...

It would still be better with you around.

Yeah, true, I flooded Chit-Chat a couple of weeks ago to see if it got any more active. It did, but I don't have time to do it again.*
Thanks. :)

Is that why you randomly IMed me that one night? Anyways, The reason we don't have a thriving new userbase of angsty 14 year olds is because the games that brought us here are outdated to us, so how appealing would they be to younger people who are playing newer, more updated games? Not very. :x

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Master.America said:
I understand that we've been maturing, but why hasn't a new, younger userbase started to take over? Are we really scaring them off?
It's not really that were scaring them off, it's that theres nothing here really. Most of the games we focus on are relativly old and are past their prime so new members for those particular games are going to be few and far between.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I should think it promotes flaming and humor. A lot of people here get a kick out of calling people faggets or whatever you guys call eachother these days. :*