The Dragonis War

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos clanged blades with one of Balthizar's demonic horde, and sent a slight buzz through the down the conductive metal of the opponent's sword, numbing its arm and causing it to release the weapon. As the demon's guard faltered, it quickly lost its life energy via one of the Shears buried in his throat.

Thaltos rolled out of the way as another aimed a clumsy vertical slash at him, and retaliated with a strong rising slash that severed the sword arm at the elbow, then hacked the second Shear into its abdomen and drained its energy.

He narrowly dodged a blow from yet another demonic henchman, and came away with a painful slash to his cheek. He snarled in anger, and his hair writhed furiously to reflect his rage. This just would not do...there was not enough time to drain each enemy one by one, and yet after his displays of power with the bandits his blades needed replenishing. He would have to disable the enemies without killing them, so as to siphon their life energy into the Shears at a later time when there was ample opportunity to do so..

Sacrificing power for speed and accuracy, Thaltos whirled his scimitars in a deadly dance that flew over the joints of his current target. One by one as the blades played over their targets, the tendons of the demonic enemy's wrists, elbows, and knees were severed, and the flunky fell to the ground helpless.

Ignoring the screaming and struggling figure at his feet, Thaltos turned to the next in the seemingly endless supply of enemies throwing themselves at his feet, administering the same punishment.

Filled with arrogant pride at the glory of war, he roared out a challenge to all of Balthizar's minions.

"Any who wants to die, step forward! Come all to feed the blades of the son of Zeus!"

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar found himself amused at the combatants, the large one had made a fatal error, you should never try to let a morlu live.

As he thought that, the "dead" morlu started to rise, attaching lost limbs, they soon joined the fight.

Baltizar shouted to them, "You think you can kill them? They do not die! Now feel the wrath of Balthizar, Devourer of Souls!"

Balthizar sent out a wall of flames, not a very easy feat to do, but not too tiring.

Reaction score
"Hibiki! Michi! Sound wave!" She yelled as she swung both massive zanpakto creating a large wave of light to clash with the wall of fire. The two swords hummed intensely nearing the body from which they were born. They craved for the blood of the master who tried to destroy them.She put Hibiki the rather large butcher knife pointed blade back on her back the handle wrapped in torn twill stained red. It's twin Michi had a hilt of gold with a skull at the end. She pointed it toward the morlu. She swung the blad ein a cirle before releasing a large red silent wave from the sword towards them. If sucessful the Morlu would be disengrated including the large man fighting them.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
With a wave of his hand, Balthizar banished the wave of power.
He turned to the woman from where the wave came from and said with a hint of mockery in his voice "They are not your playthings, do not touch. And I see Hibiki and Michi had not been destroyed when I cast them into the lava pit....but alas, you still do not fully grasp their immense power, mortal."

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque fought the Infernal infront of himself, finally cutting it in half. His chesnut eyes were bent in rage as he unleashed his fury on the other opponents. Suddenly, a ring of flame errupted around himself. "Good god!" He grunted, the searing heat stinging his wounds.

Reaction score
"Mortal is an insult to me...I am a Demon....Mortals are below me I proved the village just a while back how vile humans are." She pointed Michi at Balthizar."Michi thirsts for your blood prepare to give your life." She spoke so venomously.'Power will be mine.' She thought glaring at Balthizar as if he were the furthest thing below her.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
((THERE WERE NO DAMN INFERNALS!!!!! JUST MORLU -.-" you must've mistaken "Infernal gate", as infernals through gate or something))

Balthizar smirked, he said "In my eyes, all are mortal to me, for the exception of my master, for his powers are rivaled by none. But I warn you, you do not want to fight me, if, no when I win, I will devourer your soul, and you shall be tortured for all eternity. And just because you killed some simple peasents, does not make you anything, just a weak bloodthirsty mortal demon."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos sighed. These "Morlu" were a pain, but they weren't unkillable. The ones killed by Atropos' energy leeching stayed dead, as there simply was no more animated energy left in the withered corpses. And if the demonspawn wished to continue to revive them by pumping more and more energy into them, that was fine with Thaltos. He would drain them again and again until his weapons were supercharged...

And it was obvious that Balthizar did not possess an infinite amount of energy...his Lord gave him only what he could handle, and so as he poured more of his power into Thaltos' blades by way of the henchmen, he would weaken as Thaltos grew. This battle's outcome had been written by the Fates long before Balthizar ever became the puppet he was today. The Shears of Atropos would take his life this day, as all lives fell before them.

Thaltos launched himself at a group of four Morlu, speedily slicing into their bodies with his weapons, draining a portion of their life at each contact and leaving for another strike at a more immediate threat, until the electricity animating the four had all been funneled into the Shears.

Thaltos flung his blades from him, each rocketing through the air to slide into the chests of a different Morlu. Once embedded, they did their work to drain the life from the beasts, as Thaltos snatched up a pair of swords from fallen Morlu and slashed his way back to his weapons. When he reached them he left the two Morlu swords in the body of the nearest enemy, and lashed out with the shears to give him a fate similar to that of his brothers.

Fully half the Morlu had been drained by the Shears by the time this had all occured. The power within the blades was growing. With every Morlu slain, Thaltos came closer to having the power to unleash his ultimate weapon, that would easily obliterate his foe. For now, he taunted Balthizar.

"What's the matter, fool? Why do you hide behind your pathetic minions? Why don't you come face me? Yes, come face your fate! My father has declared that you are to be eliminated as a threat to his dominion, and when I am done with you, you will threaten nothing but the other damned souls of Hades."

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar's humorous mood ended by that statement, he proclaimed to the man, "So you request it, so shall you have." He then made the morlu all vanish.

He then summoned FlameTongue to his awating hands. "You will regret this day, for you shall suffer a fate worse than that of the most damned souls in hell, you shall have your flesh slowly seared from your body, and then the rest of your body. You shall suffer my wrath!"

Balthizar rushed into battle at the foolish human that stood before him, he obvoiusly misunderstood his power. And for that fatal mistake, he shall pay dearly with his life.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos smiled. Silly little man, when would he realize that for all the power his master gave him, he was still nothing more than a man? The Shears of Atropos would soon give him a lesson in his own mortality.

"Foolish servant of demons, have you no mind of your own? Tell me, is it you or your master who is so stupid as to deny your fate? I have been sent by my father, Lord Zeus of Olympus itself, to carry out the will of the Sisters of Fate! With destiny guiding the Shears, you cannot win...and all your bony armor does nothing to stop the blades of Atropos herself!"

Thaltos decided to be kind, to give this deluded fool a chance to redeem himself.

"Turn away from your path. Reject the influence of the foul abomination that has taken hold of you. Perhaps the Gods may even see fit to grant you your life...I need not slay you, but I will should you so demand it."

Thaltos charged the Shears with their full power, the energy trapped within crackling in rhythm with his own fury. He narrowed his shining crimson eyes at Balthizar, awaiting an answer...who knows, perhaps the poor wretch could make a single correct decision in his life. More than likely, that life would end here.

Reaction score
She huffed slightly she would deal with Balthizar later. She had gotten what she had came for. Information and conformation that he was working for someone and that someone was her true goal." I am wasting time here....I must find him....I will have vengence the power of the sutra's will be mine." She turned heading down the path slicing anything that dared get in her way.She stopped for a moment to look at Dragonis."Weaker indeed....keep your sanity for a while more Dragonis.....you will need it." She took off leaving before he could even speak to her.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque hated being called weak but this woman seemed to know about the sword's curse. He blinked in suprise and confusion as he watched her go. "Uhh...what do you mean by that?" He asked her. "And how do you know about the curse?" He called out, hoping she heard him. He sighed and turned back to his companion, Thaltos. "Think we're beat? I'm wounded I don't know about you." He said.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Umm, did I miss something? I was under the impression Balthizar and I were about to either come to a truce or duel it out...))

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
In a powerful, rumbling voice he said "YOU TAKE ME FOR A COWARD!? I AM NOT ONE TO BACK DOWN FROM A BATTLE! LET US SETTLE THIS FAIRLY, NO MAGIC OR TRICKERY! BLADE AGAINST BLADE, THAT SHOULD DECIDE THE BETTER MAN....OR DAMN SOUL IN MY CASE."

Balthizar stood there, awaiting the man's answer.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos spread his hands, still holding the blades.

"Your proposal is reasonable, slave of demons, but you should be aware that I can only quench the lightning of my blades...nobeast can silence their mad hunger for the life energy of mortals. Should you be pierced, they will drain your life from you to feed their power..and that is something I cannot stop. What say you? Do you still wish to test your blade against the Shears of Atropos?"

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar smirked the most devilish smirk anyone has ever witnessed. He said calmly to the man, "It just makes it all the interesting. This will be a good day to die."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos allowed a slight smirk to play upon his face, and he bowed slightly with a flourish of his weapons.

"Then so be it."

Thaltos struck a standard brawler stance, but thought to himself: this man has seen me fight...he'll expect me to charge in with brute force, which would be completely ignorant and cocky. Just as I am gifted by my parentage, so too is he gifted by his patronage...he is likely stronger than I am, regardless of my divine lineage. I should not allow him to use this strength to its full effect. Instead, I will surprise him with a full demonstration of the speed of those of Gorgon blood...quick strikes, sinuous moves, and targeted strikes...that is how Balthizar will fall, not in a contest of might.

Sizing up the cocky attitude of the demonslave, Thaltos continued to strategize. I do not trust the likes of him. He claims a fair battle, without the use of sorceries, but just in case, I will hold my power at the ready for the event that he should show treachery. The Shears of Atropos have a high charge in them after slaughtering his minions so...the Morlu required much energy to animate them, and the power of the ones I slew fairly hums through the Shears. I should have enough charge for a single blast of my Stone Gaze, or perhaps I could use the electrotelekinesis of the Shears to rob him of his weapon. There are many options...I must continue to think on this as we fight.

His decisions made, Thaltos narrowed his eyes, meeting those of Balthizar. He allowed his stare to linger just long enough for the beginnings of the paralysis to set in, then unfocused his gaze enough to cease the effect. Balthizar was obviously somewhat shaken to find that his rocklike flesh was not immune to the effects of Thaltos' Gorgon heritage, though he hid it well. One would hope such a simple demonstration of power would humble the man, but it was doubtful that he was intelligent enough to truly understand the limits of his mortality...at least not with his mind grasped firmly by his master.

Thaltos smirked again, drinking in the discomfort betrayed by the flicker of Balthizar's cocky expression. Betraying no hint of his stylistic intent, Thaltos spoke evenly.

"Come. Meet your fate."

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
((You can't parylize Balthizar, he basically is stone, his eyes are just firey pits, he is similiar in appearence to a FireLord from WC3 (Which is what I based my character off of btw)))

((Damnit, writers's block, can't think of anything. Perhaps we could come back to our battle after Torque does some Rp'n? Idk.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((If he's mortal in any way, he's susceptible to paralysis. The only things that can't be stoned are Gorgons themselves, or greater gods. When something becomes stoned by a Gorgon Stare, it doesn't just morph into, say granite, or something...it's a particular supernatural enchantment, not just a conversion of living matter.

Besides, the paralysis is just from meeting the gaze of one of Gorgon descent. If Thaltos were to unleash the actual full-power gaze, it enchants anything it hits to become magical Gorgon stone...not dependant on meeting his gaze with the target's eyes. This is much like God of War as well.

And here's the kicker...if Balthizar has any mortal flesh within him, he can be stoned. If he's nothing but a pile of inanimate rocks held together by energy, the Shears of Atropos can kill him realllly fast, by draining all that energy straight into themselves. All Thaltos would have to do is fire up an electrotelekinetic bond between the Shears (and this is easily done with the energy level he's got in them after killing the Morlu), and turn one of them into a guided missile that's kept on course by the electrotelekinesis. The blade would be guided by Thaltos through the Shear he held, and so it WOULD hit Balthizar, slice deep, and drain all the energy, effectively killing Balthizar.

I don't especially want to do that though...all the blah blah blah talk was trying to give you the opportunity to defect and actually join the RP party as a slightly distrusted ally...and Thaltos certainly can't die this early in the RP. We're at a bit of an dilemma...Thaltos is on a mission to kill Balthizar, he can easily complete it, but I don't WANT to complete it because that would kill your character.

Where do you think we should go from here?))

Reaction score
((How about some inspiration no?))

"Dragonis....you have no idea...your many secrets I know...and your weaknesses." She spoke almost darkly. She had decided to turn back around when something ached in her...something almost protective."You...the bick idiot...I owe you something..." She smirked and sent three large sound slices towards him."I will not make the same mistake twice you die here!" She called out to him.