The Art's Burning Wrath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
*A dark shape flashes upwards from behind the outpost. Evil roils off of it in waves and the thin figure seems to block out the sun.*

William: Hahahahaha! Foolish weaklings! You have walked into a TRAP!

*Needles whip from William's figure, corupting whatever they touch and killing any reinforcement they may have brought with them. After this, he starts to throw them at the more powerful figures. (This is all the PCs but Ryu) Tsukin`asu and Aphra fall instantly, cry out for a half second before hitting the ground. They are not dead, just paralyzed.*

Ryu: No!

*But before he can turn to do anything, a second flying figure slams into his back. The massive form of Giles hits Ryu like a cannonball. He visciously wrenches the fighter's wings backwards, causing them to plummet towards the ground. They land with a bone-crushing impact, Ryu on the bottom. Giles releases his wings and leaps backwards, pulling his huge sword off his back and holding it at ready.*

Giles: The time is now Ryu, you shall not survive this encounter.

*As he speaks, several dozen troops rush the others from behind the outpost. There aren't many of them but every one is a powerful fighter.*

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Over at Outpost 1 May is stunned for a moment. The overwhelming presence of the Marlin Brothers walking the battlefield again. In the few seconds that she was not concentrating ont he battle, nearly all the battlemages take the opportunity and each blast her with some sort of offensive spell. She takes the hits hard and starts to free fall erratically.*

May (wincing in pain):...and from the wrath the monster came forth and smote the savior...

*Just as the enter the attack range of the mor epowerful foes she catches her slef and rises back into the air, a second, golden pair of wings aiding her flight.*

(convo in May's head)
May: They ahve returned, I fear for the safety of my allies.
Trias: Yes I know, But you are trapped within the Sphere, unable to aid them. I can feel your pain, coursing through your soul, intertwining with my own.
May: I feel helpless to aid them...
Trias: Maybe not...

*slowly the golden wings fade and the globe turns a bright blue. May continues to dodge various spells, but completely ignores the arrows that strike her and bounce off. The Blue globe flashes red for an instant then returns to its blue state*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Why?! Why don't the come?! I can't call on the powers of the Lighthawk or Shadowhawk Wings! Bahamut! Avian! Have you abandoned me! Ryu looks around as he sees a blue fuzz.

Ryu: *not knowing he's in his mind* Am I really going to die again in such a short period?
Bahamut: No. We are in your mind.
Avian: Did you forget?
Ryu: Forget?
Bahamut: You used SoulLore but an hour ago. You cannot have recovered by now.
Avian: It takes ten hours to fully recover.
Ryu: My wings!
Bahamut: Will not be able to grow back for a while.
Avain: Nor can you summon your Blades.
Ryu: *coming out of his mind; slamming fists on ground* Tsukin`asu! Aphra! I can feel your minds!
Tsukin`asu: *psyonically* That poison hurts...
Aphra: *psyonically* Martha put a field about me... I don't know why.
Ryu: *wide-eyed; aloud* I do!

Ryu is barely able to dodge as William slams down hard to where Ryu was. He lands on his right arm (like a ninja would), but quicly loses his balance and falls to the ground. That, however, has a beneficial effect as Giles then misses a direct hit.

Giles: Slippery!
Ryu: *to self* Darz... I sense you in this... Where are you?

Ryu sees Giles come at him, but he can't dodge as he slips. The blow is weakened by that but William follows up quickly landing a heavy blow. I can't take much more... Come on! Portals open up around Ryu, and he quickly looks toward Aphra.

Ryu: This is... Aphra's Dragon Skill!
William: What?!

William and Giles are hit by a massive strike and surge of dragonic holy, shadow, and bane energies. They are thrown back from Ryu, and they look at Aphra, angerly.

Giles: We can't do anything. Forget her.
Ryu: *ambling a few steps forward; claws ready* Aphra... Don't do that again, please.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*A red beam of light strikes the ground next to Ryu. The ground turns blue and a golden spectre forms beside him.*

Spectral Trias: Looks like we need to even up the score!

*Animus Caritas appears in his spectral hand. It slowly begins to glow and fades, becoming slightly Ethreal. Trias spectral wings are flapping slowly behind him. He knows he will not be able to keep a physical form this far from May for long.*

S. Trias: I cannot abide by such actions. You shall not prevail this day. *he twirls the sword, showing extreme skill* Prepare yourselves for defeat.

*Trias begins to glow with a blue arua. He readies his sword for an attack. As Giles cCharges forward Trias rushes at him him with unparalleled speed, forcing his sword into the ground*

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
((William isn't fighting you BAM, just Giles. And they COULD do something, but would choose not to.))

*William lands lightly next to Tsukin'su and grins.*

Why, what a delectable little peach you are... I always did like the fiesty ones... Mmmmm

*He runs a fnger across her brow, drawing a thin line of blood and injecting another poison into her.*

Can't have you speaking with Ryu now can we? No that won't do at all....

*Tsukin'su's psychic presence slowly fades as the strong poison blocks her mind. She isn't unconsious, just paralyzed and unable to use any of her powers.*

You won't be needing this anymore...

*He kicks her bow from her hands with a sharp blow, sending the weapon flying. He then removes all her other weapons as well before picking her up over one shoulder and turning to the two battling warriors.*

Brother! I will see you back at the base, I even found a new toy!

*He grins sadistically before melting into the shadows.*

((I'll write a post for Giles first thing tomorrow, but I need sleep now))

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
OOC: You just had to do that >< Also, psyonics can't be blocked out. They aren't "pyschic" abilities; they're a gift ability from the Mother Martha, goddess of life and creation.
BOT:
[color=royal blue]
Ryu: *anger written on his face* Ah!

Ryu charges Giles with renewed speed, but he is obviously still fatigued. Giles easily dodges several strikes, but Ryu presses on. Giles begins to look disapprovingly at Ryu. But, when Trias intervenes -- and Ryu falls to his knees -- , Giles is forced to fight back. Ryu looks at the ground, sweating heavily and almost "panting". I'll get you![/color]

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A few swordsmen charge at Lina, but she easily dispatches them.

Lina: This is......unfulfilling. I wish.....

A axe-man charges at Lina, ready the throw his axe. HOwever, Lina spts this and easily slashes at him, cutting him in too. The lower part of his body falls first, then the upper. His blood satined her sword.

Lina: Evil has corrupted this outpost....I must purge it!

Lina walks aound the outpost. Dead soldiers lay here and there. All have pained expressions on their faces.

Lina: They have done their job......it seems....

Lina places her sword on the grond. Her hand shakes slightly.

Lina: It seems.....that....he will come back. I must....there is a few alive in the outpost. I will let them take care of them.

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
OoC: Anything is possible BAM. ^_^ The poison is a mental inhibitor.

IC: *Giles' feature contort in fury.*

Did you not believe me Ryu?

*He switches his grip on the sword, and in one blindingly fast motion has sent the specter of Trias flying across the field and into Aphra.*

I.... TOLD YOU that this was supposed to be a duel between the strongest of the Dragon-Kin. Did you believe that because I am not as willing to kill as my Brother that I would not follow through with my promise?

*His voice grows deeper, more demonic, as he continues speaking. His eyes become completely black with burning orange irises.*

DOES THIS CONVINCE YOU? RYU AMERESE? DOES THIS MAKE YOU REALIZE HOW SERIOUS I AM!?!?!?!?!?

*The earth ripples and the sky glows orange. Giles hasn't moved, but the massive blast residue that can be seen from miles away is evidence enough that he has acted. The souls of thousands cried out for a brief instant before being torn from this life without a second thought.*

WELL??? DO YOU STILL

*He raises a hand to point towards the specter of Trias. His hand changes completely into it's dragonic form, complete with hellfire burning around the edges.*

THINK I AM NOT

*He unleashes a concentrated column of glowing energy from his palm, the very essence of space warping in it's passage.*

SERIOUS!?!?!?!?

*With an impact that shakes the earth the beam collides with Trias. The discharge of energy sweeps across the area, demolishing the fortress and blasting the survivors off their feet. Only Giles and Ryu are uneffected, and the blast seems to slide strangely around Ryu as Giles looks at him.*

Now...

*Giles' eyes and hand have returned to normal.*

We shall continue this battle uninhindered by your feeble friends...

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*The Spectral Trias Stands, slumped over Animus Caritas. His ethreal form blurred heavily and passing from this world.*

S. Trias (voice distorted heavily): Such....Power...I cannot...compete...with a dragonoid alone...*jerks his head up and stares directly into Ryu's eyes* I...am sorry...I cannot assist you.

*As his form starts literally evaporating, he rushes a small group of the Elite Black Guard that the Marlin Brothers brought with them. With a flash of light several fall to the ground, souls utterly destroyed, life leaving their empty mortal shells. When the light fades Trias is gone and Animus Caritas stands as a sentry in the center of the corpses, bringing flames to their bodies.*

meanwhile...

*The massive amount of spells being directed at May are too much. She eventually begins to get hit by several. With Trias's temporary absence the arrows are no longer deflected. With a crushed arm and many dozen of arrows piercing her, she begins to feel a deep sleep fall over her.*

May: ...upon the eve of his defeat, fighting a losing battle, the savior was also struck...

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu sees Giles take leave of the battlefield as his vission blurs. I've lost too much blood... Forgive me... I should have known! As he passess out, a swirl of energies surround him and one wave seems to extend all the way to Oupost 1. It pierces the barrier blocking May's escape, but only enough for her to get out. When the swirld dies, Ryu is unconcious in his human form. Aphra walks over to him, and she feels a portal connecting May to where they are. She kneels to begin healing her brother.

Aphra: This Outpost has been utterly destroyed!
Lina: *pushing rubble off of her* What happened?! Aphra? Ryu?
Tidus: *shaking dust off himself* Well... That hurt.
Cloud: *coming out of brush he was pushed into* I don't want to experience that again.
Dark Blade: *swirl of energies lift a huge wall fragment off him* What?!
Aphra: Good. We all managed to come out of that alive.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: if i hear any bitching from you Jans i'll have a flmaing cow fall on William

BOT:*The golden globe slowly begins to fade, far off in the distance as May approaches. Once she gets close enough to her allies she hits the ground hit a terrible thud, arrows having pierced her in several vital areas. Her arm has been torn open and is only hanging on by a slender strip of skin. Her blood pours onto the ground as she slowly rises to her feet.*

May: I...held them...back...The Brothers?

*She falls to her knees panting heavily, gasping to catch her breath. With her longsword sheathed, she raises her unbroken arm and Animus Caritas flies over and she catches it, not even the slightest glance in its direction. She leans upon the blade for support, trying to stand.*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Aphra: May!

Aphra runs over to her, now that Ryu's wounds have healed enough to leave him be. She immediatly begins casting whatever healing spells she can think of, including a variety of regeneration spells.

May: I...misjudged this mission.
Aphra: Don't beat yourself up over it. There's nothing we could have done.
May: I sensed them! How much damage?
Aphra: I'm afraid to say -- Ryu was in a pretty bad way. SoulLore drained him, and he was at far less than his full ability. And... *sigh* Tsukin`asu was captured.
May: Foul demons!
Ryu: *psyonically as he's unconcious* Tsukin`asu!
Aphra: *looking up* He's searching for her...
May: When will it be safe to move.
Aphra: *relieved to see May's body starting to regenerate* When your arm is a part of you again.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*The group sits waiting for a while, under the protection of a forbidance spell errected quick by May. After about an hour, most of May's wounds have been healed. A faint blue aura surrounds her as her Gem begins to glow a deep red. Ryu's Shard burts with light, as does Aphra's*

(convo in May's head)
May: Calm yourself. In time we will prevail over them.
Trias: I cannot abide by their actions. Running rampant throughout the Valley, causing destruction wherever they please.
May: Calm yourself! I have already prepared for our next meeting. I'm even thinking of calling in some favors.

*She stirs from her resting place and rises up off the ground.*

May: I cannot wait any longer, this war must end now! Ryu! Take us to the Kortuganorian Throne Room. We will force them to sign the treaty, whether they want to or not.

*She stretches her wings and rubs her arm for a moment. She quickly checks over her supplies and unsheathes both swords.*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu stands, still feeling pain in his back as the Gem Shard of Light is putting the strands of his wings back together. They managed to rip them off! I couldn't even regenerate them! I'll open this portal. Then, when we're rested and resupplied, I'll kill you both!

Aphra: Brother... Your mind is an open book to me...
Ryu: I'm sorry. I'm enraged.
May: I understand your feelings. You love her, don't you.
Ryu: *sigh* Yes! I know that now. I can't deny it, and I won't!
May: Good. Let your love fuel you, not your hate. *opening her thoughts to Ryu* It saved me. It will save you. *aloud again* Now. The portal?
Ryu: *opening* After you. Oh! I should warn you; I can't transform for a while.
May: Understood.

A stream of energy erupts from Ryu's back, and a visage of wings can be seen -- though they really aren't there. Aphra begins to pray, protecting her allies. Thanks May. Though... I cannot seem to let go of this seathing detestment for William right now! Darz, Giles, and William will know my wrath soon enough. Tsukin`asu... Will you lend me your strength?

***********​

Tsukin`asu: Ryu? I can hear you...[/color]

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Meanwhile, in the Dark Dimension......Liana has finished recharging his power.

Liana: Now.....

Liana summons a dark portal to nowhere.

Liana:...time will stand still........

Liana stretches a decaying hand into the portal. He pulls out a gold coin. Etched on one side is a Rune. THe other side was a sword. It seemed harmless enough.

Liana:....destruction awaits.....

Liana closes the portal. He opens another. This time, it leads to a plain. Liana grins.

Liana:...now, this is the first step.....

Liana steps onto the other side of the portal. As son as he touches the green grass, the ground around him seems to die.

Liana:.....for your destiny, Lina.....shall stop with me. I shall......but first....your friends.....

Liana places the coin onto the ground. At first, nothing happens. Tehn the coin glows brightly. Many creatures that inhabit the plains run away. The ground shakes, and appearing in front ot Liana, is a staff. Pulsating from it is some sort of evil power. Liana grabs it.

Liana: Now....I am ready.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*As the group steps through the portal, they see a shimmering gold hall before them. Everything is plated in gold. From the weapons, to the armor, to the chairs, everything in the Hall has some sort of gold worked into it. Welcome Warriors, for you have arrived in the Throne Room of the Golden Emperor. At the head of the hall an elderly looking man sits slumped in his Throne. His clothes jewelry, hair, and even skin are as gold. As you approach several guards jump out, but May glares at them as their arms are bound with golden light. The King looks up, his voice sounds inhuman, more like the scraping of metal against metal, it echoes slightly in the enormous hall.*

King: I knew this day would come. You have come to force me to sign your "Treaty." I will gladly sign it if it means an end to this war. Time has taken its toll upon me, my body has grown weak and thus it has failed. I am a disgrace as King to my subjects, I am not even human anymore... using our knowledge we sought to create an immortal King to rule until his mind was gone. I am over 2000 years old. Please, after I sign this treaty, will you destroy all knowledge of golems and contructs to be found within the walls of my empire? I cannot bear to see any more humans to be punished with an existance such as mine...

May: We agree to nothing yet. Once you sign the treaty and we are on friendly terms, we may make arrangements.

Golden King: Very well. First, release my men.

May: As you wish. *the golden light bonding the soldiers disapates as they run from the hall.* Now, to the Treaty *she pulls a small case from her bag and opens it, within lies the Treaty*

Golden King: My only fear is that my kingdom loses its humanity, do not allow it, please! One moment, Advisors! *They come running in* Once I sign this, I want one of you, it matter not which, to destroy my immortal shell, then proceed to burn all documents relating to golem or cunstruct development. Know that I will die here today as a savior of my people.

*He signs the treaty with a heavy metallic sigh and turns to the Brigade*

Golden King: It is done,... I am prepared to meet my death.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu: *stepping forward* I would like some information first, if you don't mind.
Golden King: What?
Ryu: You die by my hands.
Aphra: Ryu!
Golden King: I don't mind that.
Ryu: *sighing and turning to Aphra* I must. I am sorry, Aphra. He requested...
Aphra: And you have a plan?
Ryu: Yes.
May: I hope you know what your doing.
Ryu: Golden King, your memories won't die with you, but they will be safe from malicious use.
Golden King: How so?
Aphra: You will find peace with mother Martha. She will give Ryu information you hold that he needs.
Ryu: I've met powerful oponents. *shaping a sword from his sking* And this skill is the key!

Ryu places his right palm on the Golden King's forehead. The Golden King begins to understand what Ryu seeks, what he needs. The Golden King feels content as he feels his time is finally near. Ryu then sees Bahamut and Avian before him, on his palm.

Ryu: Is this what you want?
Golden King: Yes!
Ryu: *apparently ignoring him* You two know what that means.
Golden King: "two"?
Aphra: Ssh!
May: What's up?
Aphra: I think we're about to find out!

The Golden King is then engulfed in a white light, his life being drained from him. Ryu's mind is filled with images, images Bahamut and Avian are giving him. He learns, learns more about the art of using the body weapon.

Ryu: I am a Soul Avenger!

Ryu's body becomes encased in a golden armor. He quicly creates two weapons, one in each hand, of pure gold, and odd design. They seem different, though. As if the gold were encased in dragon's scales or crystal or perhaps even stronger substances. The armor then disappears, and the Golden King remains alive.

Ryu: He has a few things to say. Perhaps a strategy...*passes out*[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*May ignores Ryu and steps up to the Golden King*

Golden King: Now that all the information I held within me is protected, we must dispose of my shell. If such skillfully crafted device is allowes to remain intact, my Kingdom will no doubt turn back to constructs and golems again. Where's my head scribe?

Scribe: Here sir! *the scribe has various technological implants around his eyes and in his hands. However archaic they may be, they still seem very usefull*

Golden King: Bring to me all the documents you and your enitre staff can possibly find regarding the Pheonix project.

Scribe (hesitantly): ...Yes sir.

*after a few moments he returns carrying a huge stack of papers, far larger than it looks like he should be able to carry. He sets them down on the table and the Golden King throws them to the floor*

Golden King: I ask that these be burned. Once they are in flames, you will strike me down. These witnesses here will decree that it was merciful and at my own volition.

*May takes Animus Caritas and touches it to one of the schematics, it bursts into flames. She slowly looks up to the Golden King, the room becoming cold as she looks upon him. She replaces Animus Caritas and readies the Foolsmiter*

May: ...and the savior smote the king, and thus he was free...

*She connects with the head of the Golden King, taking it clean off. She then proceeds to completely destroy the twisted frame. She finishes up with a transmute metal to wood spell, permanantly disfiguring and destrying the construct. The Golden King is no more. Almost immediately the hall grows a little darker*

Status
Not open for further replies.