Tech Uprising

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: oh yeah, i forgot to do that, didn't I...

BOT:
*The Mana Nodes of Amn sit upon a high plateau. Each side has easy access by a wide, winding path that leads up the north and south sides. The Mana Nodes themselves sit atop the Plateau in the fashion similar to that of a clock face. Surroundiong each mana Node is a specific terrain that each Mana Node supplies the highest energy for. An Example is a scorched area of flames near the Fire Node. A Water Node would be surrounded by a small lake, and so on and so on. The one destroyed was an Earth Node, thus the area of the plateau near it has already begun to crumble away.*

ooc:
Earth: Hard ground
Water: small lake
Fire: scortched earth, fire bursting from ground
Electricity: Electricity jumps between pillars of stone
Life: animals and trees fill the area, trabbits are unusually abundant, slowly heals anyone here
Death: dead, cold ground, no life at all. Anyone here slowly begins to decay
Light: Ground seems to be made of pure light
Dark: Complete Darkness
Temporal: All Time stops here, things from every age can be seen under the orange-clear ground
Sonic: powerful sonic booms fill the area and make traversing through the area impossible without some sort of ear protection
Wind: Strong winds blow through the area
Metal: jagged metal spires tower above the ground

area effects (in life and death specifically) do not affect Techies

adhesive

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OOC: Basically there are different types of terrain in this batlle field so it can be an advantage or disadvantage to you depending on what section ur in? BTW i know im prolly being a lil annoying with the specifics but how many people that are on the mage side fighting in this battle? and about how many techies?

BOT:
Raoklyo: ill help hold the life area, come if you would like to join me*Raoklyo begins to run toward the life area, when he reaches it he goes down on one knee and speaks a tree language, 2 trees begin to uproot from the ground*
Raoklyo: Thank you*one of the trees nods(FYI some trees understand many languages, they are just unable to speak it), 3 techies engage the 2 trees and Raoklyo, one of the techies laughs*
Technologist: pull out the flamethrower*one of the techies pulls out a long gun and bursts frie at one of the trees*
Raoklyo:Bloody Bastard Melsha naher yaelhaaaaaaaaa*the trees that isnt being burnt showers leaves upon the man with the flamethrower, the falling leaves catch fire and begin to fall upon the techs. Creating a shower of flaming leaves. The man drops his weapon and be gins to run, all the nearby trees reach out vines and branches to hit the running techs, 2 are knocked out but one gets away, Raoklyo spends the time while the techs run to tend to the burnt tree, he already was able to put out fire, he thens walks the tree to a small pond and has the tree root near it*
Raokly: Don't worry Delenara ill make those merciless bastards pay

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Lunaster takes flight to center himself above all the nodes. He keeps watch, while sending out waves of Divine Magics at some who attempt to approach a single node. He notes some approach the Death Node, and they are sheilding themselves from magic, now. Lunaster flies quickly and lands upon the decaying ground. For an instant, Lunabright bellows out with a red aura, a scream heard even miles away. Destiny Bond quickly reacts to calm the demonic presence. Lunaster, then, stands ready to defend the node.

Techy 1: He's unaffected?!
Techy 2: He's an angel! He must be able to withstand it, or he's immune...
Techy 3: It doesn't matter! Charge!
Lunaster: You shan't be given the chance.

Lunaster raises his left arm where Destiny Bond is still in the form of his arm-shield. The three techies shoot at Lunaster once more, only to find the same thing the previous lot did. Lunabright seems to glow, begging for blood.

Lunaster: Very well.

Lunaster strikes out with blinding speed. One techy falls, but the other two continue to fire. Both get a hit on Lunaster, but are not paying attention to their position. They fatally wound each other as Lunaster flies between them.

Lunaster: *holding a wound as light engulfs it* Fools!

adhesive

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
*Raoklyo notices that some of the animals in the life node are begining to fight, The trees must have spread word... Raokjlyo thought to himself. Raoklyo spots one strong wolf attacking 3 techies. Raoklyo runs to the wolf but when he gets their the techies are all dead and the wolf wounded. Raoklyo takes a sudden liking in the wolf, he pulls out his shortsword Clirac and raises it above the wolf. A sudden burst of white and green light shoot from the sword and into the wolf. The wolf jumps up and starts staring at Raoklyo*
Raoklyo: Well i think you should be alr... Ohhhh i forgot i havent learned the language of the wolves yet...
*As Raoklyo walks away he notices that the wolf follows*
Raoklyo: Tag along if you like*at this moment 5 shots are fired, one hitting Raoklyo right in the chest, Raoklyo gets knocked back several feet, but lucky for him his chest is hard like bark, but there is still a dent in his chest and a sharp pain*
Raoklyo: Oh... You'll pay for that*Raoklyo runs towards the techies and then half way there just stops*
Techy 1: What the bloody hell is he doing*a vine drops from where Raoklyo was, Raoklyo gives hand signals to the wolf that he should hide until the right moment*
Techy 3: Shoot him*5 shots are fired at Raoklo but he climbs up the vine to quickly, Raoklyo quick;y and silently jumps from different tree to different tree so the techies have no idea where he is*
Techy 5: shoot at the tree he went up.*the techies fire*
Raoklyo: Hurting an inncocent tree?
Raoklyo:*From a different direction* why would you do such a thing?
Raoklyo: From a different direction* Thats not very nice
*Raoklyo continues to jump from tree to tree to talk to them, the techies grow confused and angered*
Techy 1: what happened to Jon he had a flame thrower, that could have helped
Raoklyo: Oh hes dead *From a different direction* Hes Dead *From a different direction*He dead *From a different direction* Hes dead
Techy 2: You bastard come out and fight like a real man
*Raoklyo drops down on one vine and slits the throat of one techy, when the other turn around Raoklyo is gone. After a few minutes of jumping around to cause further confusion, Raoklyo is able to fidnd out who is the most important of the small group(techy 5). Raoklyo asks the trees to drop leaves on them, when they do Raoklyo jumps down and stab all of them except for the leader (techy 5)*
Techy 5: ahhhh shit, where are you*fires obsesivly at the trees, then Raoklyo jumps off one and lands in front of him, the techy runs, Raoklyo follows but before Raoklyo catches him, the wolf jumps out of the bushes and tackles the techy*
Raoklyo: hmmm i think i'll keep you *he says to the wolf, the wolf looks up to him and wags his tail*
Raoklyo: and ill keep you*talking to the techy* Here is your first chance to go free... tell me everything you know about this battle, all of the secrets
Techy 5: i dont break so easily you elven bastard*spits on Raoklyo*
Raoklyo: well in that case*he punches the techy in the stomach and then drags him too a large tree, Raoklyo bows to the tree and asks in the tree language to help him, the tree wraps and fer branches and vines around the techy*
Raoklyo: well call me when you want to talk hahahaha*Raoklyo walks to the dead Techs to bend pray for their families.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Lunaster lands near Raoklyo, surprising him a bit. They look at each other for a moment, before Lunaster walks up to the techy. The techy trembles a bit, seeing Lunabright and Destiny Bond (still as an arm-shield). Lunaster smiles, as he brings his left arm to the techy's eyes.

Raoklyo: What are you doing?
Lunaster: Getting the information without breaking him.
Lovers: He is far too weak of mind!
Brother: How quickly can you break him?
Lovers: We will be done in a moment.
Brother: That is good news!

Lunaster: Would you three be silent and get the job done, please?
Raoklyo: To whom do you speak?
Lunaster: My sacred soul-items. You needn't worry.

As Raoklyo watches, Lunaster actually causes the techy to enter a trance-like state. Actually, the techy seems to be in more of a comatose state. He's even drooling as he no longer has full autonomic control.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: as for the amount of forces each side has, its very low for this first campaign. The Mana Nodes of Amn are guarded only by their caretakers, which are experts in their fields of magic, and taking this into consideration the Techies have only brought a small group for the main assault. They started at about 250 and are now down to about 200. The Protectors number at 22, 2 from each node, the other two having given their lives to try to protect their node. Take into consideration that these Techies are well protected against physical damage, and elemental, but pure force, mental, or aligned (Chaos, Lawful, Holy, Unholy) are normal. Most Techies are well protected all over, save for the commanders which are more showy and have their heads uncovered

oh, I forgot, the middle is neutral, as well as a path from the two points of access to the Mesa from ground level

BOT:
*Intereonix sees a group of Techies advancing upon the Death region, passing through the outskirts of Darkness. They have set up artilery and are about to begin bombarding the Node. Intereonix Lifts off the ground and flies towards them as fast as possible. He gets too close to the Light and hits the ground, steam risng from his body. He shields himself and moves away. He makes his way to the Node at the center of Darkness and places his hand upon it. He can feel the energies rushing through his body as the Deva part of him is completely surpressed by the surroundings and his magics amplified by contact with the Node. When he speaks the Darkness around him ripples, much like the air on a hot day.*

Intereonix: I cast thee out, Defilers of the Nodes!

*He summons forth A spell know as Rain of Darkness. The land around him seems to rush forward as a wave and falls upon the Techies. They immediately burst into flames, the darkness slowly burning away at their souls. Once they are dead, and the spel has ended, Intereonix walks top the edge of the Darkness, his eyes glow a deep red, much like the Icon he holds of his Diety*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Lunaster looks at the techie he has captured, and Destiny Bond is currently working on. Lunabright resonates in a way that he seems to be laughing. Brother is enjoying this. Lovers, however, are still extracting information. They have broken him.

Lunaster: Now you'll tell me what I want to know.

OOC: Uh? What info do we get, Tacitus?

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: lets see...

*This broken Techie knows little. He has a basic knowledge of troop movements, and the next target, the Druidic Forests of Tarun. He calls the mission "Burn the Forests!!!" He ate a sandwich for lunch. He doesn't like you very much. He wants to rip off each one of your wings, one by one. Then feed them to you. The rest is basically a repeat of the last few lines.*

~~Meanwhile~~

*Intereonix spots another group of Techies setting up a mortar pit and rushes at them with unmatched speed. He falls upon the first, smashing him to the ground. While he is immobilized Intereonix drains a large portion of his victims blood, effectively killing him. The other Techies around him watch in horror as their ally becomes nothing more than a delfated "balloon." One of the Techies gath3rs up his courage and starts blasting away at Intereonix with his Tesla Rifle. Intereonix slowly turns to face the Techie, blood trickling down from his lips. The massive energy blasts from the rifle are having nearly no effect on Intereonix, save for the force of the strike. Intereonix strides forward, taking every blast, and grabs the rifle. He rips it from the Techies hands and smashes the hilt into his face, whereupon he flips it around and begins firing it at the other Techies. The rifle malfunctions more and more with every shot. soon it explodes in a flash of light and a surge of electricity. The light strips Intereonix of his L.V. abilities and he takes the full force of the electrical blast. He is thrown back and lands in the neutral area, unconscious and clothes glowing with embers of flame, ready to burst into a full fledged fire at any moment. The only reason he has survived is from the health he gained while draining blood from that poor vampire-to-be Techie.*

ooc: yeah, uh, somebody might want to put him out, he burns, he dies...

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
*Vesquire flys over to Intereonix and looks down*

Vesquire: Such a powerful creature harmed by such a suttle thing...

*takes out his canteen and pours it on the flames*

Vesquire: There ya go...

*Vesquire flys back into battle dodging shot by shot from the techies' weapons. He swoops down and picks of a techie and flys high in to the air. He soon dives and sends the techie into a group of three other techies knocking them unconcious. A techie group behind him opens fire singing some of the feathers on his wings. He turns a rounf and lets loose a flurry of three arrows whic hits them all squarely in the chest. He then turns toward another techie group and charges with his sabres. The techies open fire and hit him in a wing sending him flying into the ground where he slides to a stop. he gets up partially wounded on his wings. He retreats and meditates a small time to heal his wing. He rejoins the battle*

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: from now on, its just Nix, Intereonix is too long to write out every time, and i'm too lazy to copy and paste

BOT:
*Nix slowly rises to his feet, steam rising of his body. He calls out to Vesquire. The voice seems to be just behind Vesquire's right ear.*

Nix: When we get through here, you shall be rewarded for saving my life.

*Back at the mortar pit that Nix just destroyed, the bitten Techie slowly rises and strides over to Nix, his speed is slightly above normal.*

Nix: My command is your wish. What is your name, scum?

Techie: I am Hrothgar Thunderhammer, high technologist of the Spectre Clan.

Nix: Nay, you are no longer, you are now Chrestus.

Chrestus: Very well, Shall I go wreak havoc?

Nix: Yes, but stay close, and NO BITING! That's my job.

*Nix wipes a bit of dried blood from his lips as he turns to the outer edge of the plataeu. It seems the Technologists have managed to bring Siege engines of great power to the top of the plateau. There are now 3 on each side. As Nix rushes towards the North side, the siege engine on the south side begin firing, soon the Fire Node falls. A Wave of flame rushes through the entire plataeu, doing low damage to all Techies and Magi on the ground. Nix sees the wave coming and flies up into the air just seconds before the wave could overtake him. Each siege engine is heavily guarded, troops and flow disruptors are ready for any attack. Nix tries to make an attack run on the first, but is thwarted in the attempt, taking a bullet to the left arm. He rushes back to the Darkness Node and places his hands upon it once more. He calls upon the most powerful spell of the Darkness Domain he has, Elite Darkness. The entire plateau is filled with supernatural darkness, save for the area around the flow disruptors, only the Magi and Nix's allies can see through it.*

ooc: flow disruptors cancel out magic, but need a lot of power, which is being supplied by batteries and bio-electric cells (people). As for the darkness. Nix can see through all forms of darkness

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Lunaster is surprised by the initial overtaking of the entire battlefield in darkness. At least now, only the magi can attack. Lunaster looks around after decapitating the techy he had interogated, and decides to take the South Siege, himself. He flies far over the Flow Disruptors and straight at the techies' first line of defense. Lunabright is quickly supplied info on their weaknesses by Destiny Bond. Lunaster's first swing takes out two techies.

Lunaster: You all can hear my voice, though you hear it as an echo from all around. I tell you now; you have a choice. You may die, or you may surrender.

The techies stand, defiant. Lunaster looks at them, knowing their decision. A bright light, that only Lunaster can see, resonates from Lunabright and Destiny Bond.

Lunaster: Very well. You have chosen your fate.

adhesive

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OOC: He is nt killing magi...i think

* Raoklyo looks as if he is listening intently to something*
Raoklyo: Hasssamehaaaaaayaa(by the way tree talk is said slowly and like i said souns like wind hitting branches)
*a vines drops from one of the trees and Raoklyo grabs it, he is then flung from that vine to a higher one, and then flung high into the air, 10 feet above the canopy, he stares at the forest and all the creatures in it as he flies by
Raoklyo:a shame that such a beautiful place is used for battle

*Raoklyo lands in a bushy tree and leaps out, he is surprised to find 7 techies with guns staring him in the eye*
Raoklyo: wonderful just won*black out, a lil bit later Raoklyo wakes up dizzy and staring at the men carying him away. One gnome with a flame thrower that looks huge on his small body, 5 dwarfs and a human in a mini-tank*
Techy1: hmm i wonder what kinda bounty we will get on him
Techy2: you know the offer... any magi gets payed
Techy5: he is awake
*right before raoklyo is knocked out again he sees the wolf that befriended him sneaking around , raoklyo smiles and then gets hit with the but of a gun*

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: "He flies far over the Flow Disruptors and straight at the techies' magi. Lunabright is quickly supplied info on the magis' weaknesses by Destiny Bond. Lunaster's first swing takes out two magi, which interests Lunaster." This here was off by two margins. One: Techie's have no magi, don't know where you picked that up... Two: killing Magi is bad...

FYI: the plateau is about a mile wide

if the nodes represented the numbers on a clock face, they would be as follows:

1 Wind
2 Water
3 Light
4 Darkness
5 Temporal
6 Metal
7 Death
8 Life
9 Earth
10 Fire
11 Electricity
12 Sonic

the clock is scewed so that north lies between 3 and 4 and south lies between 9 and 10

BOT:
*Nix slowly makes his way to the edge of the Darkness near the north side. He can feel the strong Technological Aura in the air. Even looking up the Flow Disruptors is causing him great pain. The Flow disruptors are cancelling out the Darkness in a slowly widening area. As of right now, a dome with a radius of 100 feet is not affected. Near the Darkness, Only Nix can see through the darkness. Near light, Any who can normally see in normal darkness can see normally.*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
OOC: Allow me to fix that... I don't know where I got that either... Odd, indeed.
BOT:

Lunaster now looks to the flow disruptors, themselves. He quickly rushes one, and techies jump out, ready to defend their defenses (okay...). Lunaster swings Lunabright and all fall, not dead -- just knocked out from the violent rush of energies. Lunaster takes a swing at a flow disruptor, and the following explosion washes over a barrier Destiny Bond creates and engulfs some nearby techies. A number of the techies awash in the flames die from burns and the like. Lunaster then turns to the rest of the flow disruptors.

Lunaster: Will you offer up no defense for your lives? Will you simply wash my blade and my sheild in your blood? Brother thirsts! Lovers enflame!

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*The Techies begin unleashing wave upon wave of sedatives from tanq guns. This particular tranquilizer could drop an elephant, or several forms of orc in seconds. The Techies have worked with this tranq in great quantities, and have no fear of striking one another, being immune to it's effects.*

~~Meanwhile~~

*Nix is slowly backing up as the darkness slowly receedes. He begins casting Firestorm, knowing that the siege engines will begin attackign randomly in the darkness, not a very good situation. With a flash of flame, the Techies become "under fire," unable to stop the flames.*

ooc: look at my nice pun there!

adhesive

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OOC: lol
BOT:

*Raoklyo wakes up in a daze. He sees a pool of blood and the men who had taken him captive were on the ground dead.*
Raoklyo: What the...*Suddenly stops and random thoughts float through his mind ...fire...dwarves...punch...im over here... kill...wolf...blood that is when he realizes that the wolf saved him. He sees the wolf lieing down, blood all over one of it legs. It could be someone elses blood on its leg but he wasn't going to take a chance.*
Raoklyo: Ailright, this might feel a little weird*Raoklyo strokes the wolves head and then raises the sword given to him by a high lord. He mutters some words and a flash of light appears above the sword. Then blueish green air(it kinda looks like smoke or incense smoke) travels into the wolves wound. Raoklyo waits for a few minutes. A few minutes later the wolf slowly rises slowly and walks toward Raoklyo*
Raoklyo: Thanks for saving me
*The wolf makes an approving noise as if it understood what Raoklyo said*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=sky blue]Lunaster makes quick work of the rest of the flow disruptors on his ledge, though not without injury. A few feathers on his wings have become singed, though that is not the most troubling of injuries, to him. His right arm, holding and controling Lunabright, has taken a few bullets. He holds the wounds while his hand glows -- Destiny Bond aiding his endeavor. Currently, Lunaster has taken shelter while his double, a magecast spell to create a mirror immage of him/herself with the same skill, spells, and abilities, deals with a few techies.

Lunaster: That copy won't last long. I musn't allow the demonic part of Brother escape. I only hope Lovers aid is enough.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
((Armies:
Tech: about 105
Magi: 17, fire, earth, water, darkness, and light have all taken casualties))

*The Firestorm fries a large number of the Techies, while Nix's Vampire-Dwarf rushes in as the flames subside to begin a little hack and slash cleanup. Nix prepares to rush the Techies.*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=sky blue]Lunaster rises again and is thinking hard on what he wants to do. He looks at the point of light on his right palm that is Lunabright. Destiny Bond then resonates -- telling him the risks of what he is planning.

Lunaster: <Nix. I'm planning on using Wish.>
Nix: <Why?>
Lunaster: <We need reenforcements. Even if I must sacrifice something, we must keep the mana nodes safe!>

Nix feels his thoughts shut-out from Lunaster's communication. He looks at Lunaster, and he sees the copy still fighting. Lunaster is preparing the highest level Wish spell he can conjur, and a djinn appears before him -- ready to fulfill the requirements of the spell.

Djinn: What is your wish.
Lunaster: I want more of your kind to defend the Nodes of Amn. Can you fulfill this?
Djinn: They would come of their own accord to protect the nodes of the materia plane, but they require energies. Are you willing to sacrifice energies?
Lunaster: Would my mage energies suffice?
Djinn: They would be more than enough. I will take eight hours of your mage energies.
Lunaster: The deal is done.
Djinn: It isn't, not quite yet. Your mage energies are more than enough. I am summoning four Djinni to each node, based on element. I am also calling Angles to the holiest node and demons to the most banal node.
Lunaster: I never made that wish.
Djinn: I make the conditions, or have you forgotten the wording of the Wish you used?
Lunaster: *pause* Go on.
Djinn: I sense that some of the nodes have been broken or destroyed. I will create sprouts out of four broken pieces of each node that has or will be broken. The Djinni available now will defend their node most intensly when one sprout remains.
Lunaster: You give life to pieces of nodes?
Djinn: Yes. You must keep in mind that the Djinni will only remain for eight hours. If you need their aid again, you will need to make this wish again.
Lunaster: I need only drive the techies off.
Djinn: You need only protect the Mana Nodes of Amn.

Each of the nodel areas seem to spring to new life with the arrival of races most attuned to their individual energies. What the Djinn of the Wish Spell promised has been sown. Lunaster looks at himself, but he still feels something...

Lunaster: I still feel magical energies!
Djinn: I did not take your clerical, divine, summoning, or any other magical energies not of the mage or wizzard variety. You will still need them.
Lunaster: Yes... You have fulfilled your end. You are freed.
Djinn: No! I am forever linked to the mana nodes!
Lunaster: Fare thee well.
Djinn: *dispersing* Fare well.[/color]