Tech Uprising

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
Welcome my brothers. The technologists have come. They wish to destroy all that is magical. If we do not act quickly this world will be lost. The rebels are planning to strike the mana nodes of Amn first. If we lose these our magic will be weakened in the entire area for quite some time. These technological rebels are known as the Brotherhood of the Tech Dominion, they must be put down, permanently. We will move out at daybreak.

~~!Rules!~~
There cannot be any technology used here that has any moving parts or that would normally be considered advanced
Unike my other RPG you can deviate from the plot, just not much
Any race is acceptable except Dwarf and Human (the Order views them as harbingers of tech)
You are part of a magical society known as The Magi Hand Nation
we'll start after I get 5 peeps

my character is Zypher

i was going to use Ainar, but he's being saved for another day

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'll use Lunaster. He should be in the Character Submission Thread, but I have upgrades for him considering the submitted one is very, very limited.

Lunaster is the highest Arcangel besides Michael, most trusted of GOD's army. His rank is shown by his eight pairs of wings (Michael has sixteen pairs). He carries his two bless/curse artifacts with him at all times, as they are attached to his soul.

The Lunabright is his sword, and is also known as The Brother. Lunabright is the former "version" of Lunaster, and he, unintentionally betrayed Heaven.

The Destiny Bond is his shapeshifting mirror, and are als known as The Lovers. Destiny Bond is the combination of the current Lunaster's soul and the lost soul of Dianna, his eternal love. They can become anything, adn they read the enemy to feed information of weakness to Lunabright.

The two work together to ensure Lunaster stays safe. They can speak with eachother, and have the full support of Heaven. They can cast spells as if they were an elite cleric -- or higher, but they fight as if they were an elite warrior -- or higher.

For this, they won't stand for the loss of magic. Lunaster will be the only one you can speak too, but the others can and will speak through him. Just be careful of the demonic part of Lunabright.

As per suggestions, I don't have any yet...

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
Ok, Lets see here, Lets get this party started! *beats self for musical reference...* ((BAD TAC!!! BAD!!!!))

*Zypher stands upon a high hill, watching as powerful mages wage war against the most powerful of Technologists*

Zypher: This is not the way it was meant to be...If I must, I shall take up the staff and defend my magical heritage...*a flash runs through his eyes* This battle will end here and now, but i fear the war is far from over...

*Zypher summons forth a powerful storm that sends everyone below back from whence they came, the thirst for battle is quenched for the moment, but Technology is far from its end...*

Zypher: How did I get mixed up with these guys...

Reaction score
Website
LIEK.WTF.HAPPEN.TO.DIS.SITE.COM
Ill join, sounds cool.
Ill be uhh using some girl or guy that I will make later this day.
There cannot be any technology used here that has any moving parts or that would normally be considered advanced
What does this mean? You cannot move? Or that any machine cannot move?
No machines or anything, we just have our own tools?
No electricity or stuff technology?

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
OOC: It means your character cannot have a "technology base" above the "medievil" level. You cannot have guns (unless you mean "advanced" crossbow, and it has to still use bolts -- no bullets). You cannot have machines, or anything that might be considered "modern". That's all...
BOT:

Lunaster sits in a temple in prayer. He feels the end of the battle Zypher has participated in. When he opens his eyes, he looks to the heavens.

Lunaster: Yes... I will defend the nodes placed to protect the humans. But...why must magic and technology fight. This will be a...difficult venture. There must be balance.

Lunaster spreads all eight pairs of wings, though the last and smallest pair seem to swing chronologically. His other seven pairs lift him off the ground as he rushes out of the temple, heading towards where he felt Zypher's power.

Lunaster: I will protect magic. I will try to bring balance!

adhesive

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I will be using Raoklyo( http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12746&perpage=20&pagenumber=6 )

Raoklyo: But Sir i cant leave the forest, it needs me!
Mylin(a high elf lord): the council has voted upon it and we have decided that the world of magics needs you more.
Raoklyo: Surely you can use Mathryn or Brantos they are much stronger than I.
Mylin: Brantos is in a... classified mission and Mathryn is no where to be found. Dont worry about the forest we have 30 well trained tree brothers guarding it for you.
Raoklyo: i see... well when do we leave
Mylin: Now*Mylin chants a spell, Light surrounds Raoklyo* Raoklyo: Wait why so quick i need to learn more about this magi guild
Mylin: you will learn when u get there*the light surround Raoklyo so you can barely see him*
Raoklyo: wait*The word trails away as the ball of light that Raoklyo is in speeds of at a very high speed, Raoklyo should meet his destination in a few minutes*

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: yep, basically anything that uses any form of gear, mechanism, or chemicals, and especially electricity for power (not as the result of a spell or part of a weapon), is prohibited

like the list of stuff in Final Warrior's RPG that people can make with stuff, yeah, none of that.

BOT:
*Zypher Walks down from off the hill and heads to the Magi Hand Nation's Cathedral. As he enters a wave of warm light falls over him from the eyes of a sculpted angel just inside the doors. If there had been a member of The Brigade of Avenging Light gazing upon the statue, the statue may have looked familiar. An aura appears around him as a set of light blue transparent wings appear upon his back for a moment and quickly dissapate.*

ooc: Everyone must pass through the Gaze of the Angel, whether your character is religious or not. The main HQ of the MHN is in the Cathedral

BOT:
*He heads up to the altar and kneels to pray. After several minutes he walks to the rear of the Cathedral and uttered a few syllables ["ego venire frater"]. The wall vanishes with a shimmer of light. It still seems to be there, but also at the same time, it is not. Zypher walks on, the "wall" ripples as water. Beyond the "wall" is a large field with buildings set upon it that tower into the sky. Great mage towers fill the land. Zypher walks to the grandest of them all and speaks the syllables again, and a great door appears and opens. He heads in to talk to his commander about the assignment he has been given. End the War...*

Reaction score
ill join with a new charecter im making

Name:Blackdrako
race:Dragon
Abilities: fire breath
bio: hes just a huge dragon that is concerend about the techs and wants to live© He has been exiled but still wants to help his race
appearence: a huge dragon heres a pic

Holpe we win

adhesive

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OOC: 90volts try to be more desctiptive in ur characters... And Tac can u give me an entrance? cause im afraid ill screw sumthing up if i give an entrance.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Zypher exits the Grand Tower and heads back to the Cathedral "wall." He makes his way out, pausing below the Angel. It gazes down upon him past a sword, wings folded around it. As he exits the Cathedral a large ball of light hits the ground before him and bursts open, Zypher walks over and assists a stately elf to stand, he looks a bit shaken, queasy perhaps. This elf notices the slightly pointed ears on Zypher, thinking him as some sort of half-elf.*

Zypher: Are you okay? By the look of you, you seem a bit out of place in a city. *His eyes glow with a shimmer of yellow light for nearly half a second* A forest might suit you better...

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Lunaster: I don't know. The drums of war threaten the balance that tech and magic should have.
Zypher: An angel?
Lunaster: I am the Arcangel, Lunaster. Hail, Zypher!
Zypher: Hail... I don't believe we've met.
Lunaster: We have not.
Zypher: *noting the "emotionlessness" of his voice and mirror -- and no weapon* You have a strange air about you. And what is that mirror for?
Lunaster: It doesn't matter. My "mirror" are Destiny Bond.
Zypher: *thinking* "are"?! *aloud* Where is your weapon?
Lunaster: *showing a point of light on his palm* He is here.

Raoklyo looks at the scene in a bit of awe. He is surprised to see an Arcangel in the city, let alone one using "personal" pronouns for his items. Zypher is equally perplexed. They then notice Lunaster's last pair of wings, and the smallest pair, is swinging with the percision of quartz in time.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Zypher stares at the point of light for a moment*

Zypher: An...interesting weapon... Now, I can only surmise that you [Raoklyo] are here to aid in the war. I accept your blade. As you both may or may not know, we are to stop the Technologists from destroying the Mana Nodes of Amn. I ask that the both of you head through the Cathedral to the rear wall. When you arrive there you will know what to do. I will wait here for any others.

ooc: THIS WILL APPLY TO ALL THAT JOIN FROM THIS POINT ON

go to back wall, speak the syllables mentioned earlier, and go to shops/barracks to buy anything you might need and get to know the others in our little group. or you can ust come back out and wait with me.

adhesive

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
*Raoklyo enters the altar and prays for about 10 minutes in a well spoken elvish language, then walks to the wall and says "ego venire frater" and walks through the wall, after searching for nothing in perticular Raoklyo decides that he will search again another time, he walks back to Zypher.*

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: ok, FiNoFaNtAsY-BroOdWaR and 90_volts_to_the_head you can meet up with us during the Battle of Amn, seeing as you have not yet introduced your character, and you have not made one.

BOT:
*A tall man walks out of the Cathedral, he has a long cloak on and his face is hidden by a hood. He has brought the others with him.*

???: Zypher, I shall be relieving you. You have been called upon for another mission

???: The High Mage A... It matters not who has decreed it, the only thing that matters is that I, Intereonix, am now in command of this detatchment.

Zypher: {Baleeted explitives} Fine! You want them, you take them. But if any of them die, its on your head. And if you bite a single one of them I'll hunt you down.

Intereonix: I shall not, I do not NEED blood to survive.

*Zypher grabs him and his hood falls back, immediately his face begins to look pale and begisn to steam. He slowly replaces the hood. He then proceeds to lift off the ground with Zypher in tow, with a thrust he throws Zypher across the street into a building. He spreads a set of spindly wings from under the cloak and glides over to him*

Intereonix: You had better watch your temper, mutt... *shouts to the others* Lets get the hell out of here.

*A portal of shadows opens before them as Intereonix jumps through. Beyond the great Mana Nodes of Amn can be seen. The area is bustling with activity as they prepare to defend themselves*

ooc: Intereonix

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Lunaster walks forward. He grips the point of light floating above his right palm and a sword appears. His companions step back for a moment, seeing a weapon each fear more than anything else, but are relieved to see it transform into a simple wooden sword. Lunabright taking it's fearsome form only toward Lunaster's enemies now, and listening to Destiny Bond's advice for weaknesses.

Lunaster: The threads of fate cumulate!

His companions look oddly at him, but quickly notice that his mirror is shifting and reshaping itself. It quickly becomes a specialized sheild, one that looks more like armor on Lunaster's left arm. But a wide area is formed around his wrist.

Lunaster: I am prepared.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*An explosion rocks the area as one of the 10 Mana Nodes explodes with a flash of blue light.*

Intereonix: The Tech Has Come!!!

*With a wave of his hand clouds gather in the sky. He then throws off his cloak revealing a handsom young man with long spindly wings. The wings are much like that of an angel, but longer and seem that they wouldn't allow him to fly quite as well. Intereonix has long white hair and short fingernails which grow to long, sharp claws in seconds. He rushes forward into battle, leaving a short blurred trail behind him. When he spies his first Technologist, he rushes up to him and headbutts him. He summons forth a Moonbeam spell to freeze the Technologist into submission. Once the Technologist is dead he pulls his armor back and drains a small bit of blood from his body. He runs back to the Mana Nodes with blood runniong down his chin.*

Intereonix: They're coming, and damn they taste good!

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Lunaster takes off, in flight, at an incredible speed. The others in the group are barely able to follow his movements. All they know for sure, in fact, is that he is quickly upon a small group of technologists. The technologists spot him, but it is too late. Before they can get a shot off, Lunaster notes two simple heads, rolling on the ground in front of their master. He turns in time to see two guns pointed his way. He holds up his arm, the one Destiny Bond covered. Lunabright lets out an ominous moan -- as a demon laughing -- when the bullets bounce off as if they had struck adamantium rather than a mirror.

Lunaster: Is this all there is to offer?
Brother: *only Lunaster can hear* Pah! They are mere humans!
Lovers: *again, only Lunaster* There are more sinister things at work.
Brother: I'll beleive that when I see it!
Lovers: Patience.
Lunaster: I fear we are out of that.
Technologist: *fear in his eyes as bullets continue to bounce of the arm shield* Out of what?!
Lunaster: I'm sorry, that was a private conversation!

Lunaster swings his blade again, and Brother/Lunabright succeeds in taking another victime. The others continue to fire, only, seemingly, able to aim at Lovers/Destiny Bond. Lunaster lifts himself two feet into the air before preparing himself, anew.

Lunaster: Another node fall?! I think not!

adhesive

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OOC: Tac from now on can u supply a description of the battle field?

BOT: *As Raoklyo spots a group of 4 or 5 technologists setting up some weapon, Raoklyo begins to run towards a tree, he bends down and chants an odd language that is much like the sound of wind"Mesna uhoawhl haleee mssssla", a momnet later a vine drops from the tree and Raoklyo grabs it, the vine then launches Raoklyo into the air soaring at about 15 feet in the air and lands on one of the technologists*

Technologist: shoot him

*The technologists begin to fire at Raoklyo, but Raoklyo jumps about 5 feet in the air, then slices ones throat, Raoklyo lands and runs by each of them so quickly that only ones gets a shot off, but the shots proves to miss Raoklyo but the explosion of it leaves a burn mark on Raoklyos hand, Raoklyo then kills the final Technologist. He then pauses for one moment to pray for the dead men and their families, he then runs towards 2 more technologists who are firing at someone.*

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Vesquire (To himself): it appears I have joined the right group

*Vesquire flys in to the air and draws his dual flaming sabres. He than swoops down in a dive of incredible speed and spreads his sabres out, tow techs loose their heads. He than slides on the ground sheathes his sabres pulls out his bow (While still sliding) and sends an arrow through the head of a tech*

Vesquire: Seems like it ould atleast be a little bit of a challenge

*He than sees two techs aim their guns at him, he quickly jumps up almost taking a hit. While behind him with out him knowing two more techs take aim...*