StarForge - The new map making Editor

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Hey thanks for moving my post Virus. No one was responding to it and as soon as I posted it I realized it shoulda gone in here... Still no one has responded to it. Hope someone will.

[GLOW=BLUE]- The_Matrix_Reloaded[/GLOW]

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Ok, I deleted all the versions except the newest one. Sf still works. And on the version info it says you can also delete the sf installer.

Heimdal

Member!
Reaction score
Every version comes packaged with all the data files you need to run StarForge, so you do not need to keep any of your old files, except for the *.ocx files you save in windows\system.

It would be a good idea to look at the "StarForge Troubleshooting" thread on my website every once in a while, because chances are good that I've found a solution to widespread problems.
Originally posted on Heimdal's website
comct232.zip - Control now required for StarForge. Install to windows\system.
Pink Peon, I am having no trouble creating a new badlands map or opening the map that you posted. Since terrain operations are the most memory-intensive, I suspect it may be a memory problem. How much RAM do you have?

The moderators could do a little work and delete all irrelevant posts from this thread...

Infested.Fenix

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Heimdal i cant make twilight terrain. I filled out all of the fields, and set it to make default terrain dirt, and it keeps giving me badlands.

And on the pallete thats already there (you dont have to click on pallete button to select it), has some tiles that dont work. Like the one on top right of the 9 or 12 that are there already if you select it and then click on the map it freezes SF. And the one on bottom right is wierd. it makes it in a pattern, like if you were to make a map with it whole it would look like this. x=creep o=dirt

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

no matter where you click it will make either creep or dirt depending on what row you are in.... I dont know if thats what you intended to do

Infested.Fenix

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Also i made a new map, and saved it as SE Brood War only and tried to open it with SCXE Classic first, then normal Starcraft Campaign Editor, and they both said its an incompatible version check blizzard website for updates.

I tried saving it as SE Hybrid and it did the same thing, Should I save it as Final? or is that automaticallt protected.

PiNk PeOn

Reaction score
Heimdal,
I usually have 60% of my ram free (193740 kb,CPU Usage 100%),
And I think it was the fact that I maybe screwed something up with my Starcraft files , and I'm now attempting to re-install starcraft.

EDIT : WOOHOO!!!!! I GOT IT WORKING ALL I NEEDED TO DO WAS RE-INSTALL IT INTO C:\Program Files\Starcraft IT WORKS WOOHOO!!!!! (I LOVE THIS!!!:lovedup :rollie :crackin

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Originally posted by Master Virus
Ok, I deleted all the versions except the newest one. Sf still works. And on the version info it says you can also delete the sf installer.
Okay, thanks.:)

Originally posted by Heimdal
Every version comes packaged with all the data files you need to run StarForge, so you do not need to keep any of your old files, except for the *.ocx files you save in windows\system.

It would be a good idea to look at the "StarForge Troubleshooting" thread on my website every once in a while, because chances are good that I've found a solution to widespread problems.

The moderators could do a little work and delete all irrelevant posts from this thread...
Cool. Thanks for the info.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
I'm going to split the thread now. Since I was gone for a month, Some of the stuff I won't know if it's important to keep or not. I'm just going to split the part that I think is not related to bugs with sf, fixes, etc.

PiNk PeOn

Reaction score
Heimdal,
Apparently in the new editor whenever I use a terrain 2 times close to the same place it always freeze's... why is this??? Also why can you make locations,mission breifings ect. I would hope that all those bugs are fixed in 1.0.2 ........ And in my opinion the 1.0.0 is better , with 1.0.1 it seems as though you added only more bugs to it and a mini map that's very fuzzy...

BH_Naft

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
meh, the minimap is pretty good i say, and some important bug fixes have been made.

master virus....nice job on the de-spammage....it really needed to be done

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Nice job de-spamming Virus! From 17-9. I like the minimap even though I already knew about it. You still need to fix the mission briefing, and more, but when you do that can you make it more organized then SCM Draft because the organization there is so confusing my head bursts trying to figure it out.

I)arkI)ragoon_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have a question. Im making a bound, but since SF cant make locations i thought i would make the terrain in SF (since it has a much better terrain maker thing) and then save and open it in SCXE and make the triggs and locations in that but whenever i open the map in scxe or the normal starcraft editor it says this program has prformed an illegal operation and will be shut down"
and i cant do it.

Does anyone have a solution.(and if this question has already been asked, moderator u can delete it)

thx

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I think back Heimdal said you can't save a map and then use another editor to open it, it just doesn't work.

~ E D I T ~
Yet again, another de-spamming by one of the mods. 9-6.

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
6 pages less than b4.... <- that's spam.

now on topic:

what's the newest version heimdal and where can I get it?

Hamster_

Member!
Reaction score
REALLY REALLY REALLY and another REALLY NICE!!! It have all a real map maker need , GUEdit palete was lagging me and ''****ing'' my map (Master Virus told me and i then saw ...) it will be really nice keep it up :cool: it will forever change the map making system :p

Infested.Fenix

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wow 2 pages

Whats your SF directory?
Whats your SC directory?
Did you move any files from either one to another?
If not, try reinstalling SC or redownloading Sf.

Hamster_

Member!
Reaction score
I got a problem with SF, i cant make a NEW map , it say this :

STARFORGE a causé une défaillance de page dans
le module STARFORGE.DLL à 018f:1000482f.
Registres :
EAX=00000000 CS=018f EIP=1000482f EFLGS=00010246
EBX=00000003 SS=0197 ESP=0068f2c0 EBP=01e20078
ECX=0000000b DS=0197 ESI=00000337 FS=77b7
EDX=00000003 ES=0197 EDI=01e22598 GS=0000
Octets à CS : EIP :
f3 a5 66 a5 b9 0b 00 00 00 8d bd 4e 25 00 00 f3
État de la pile :
00000003 00000000 01e20078 00000008 bff76ec4 01000000 01e20078 10004625 00000003 bff76ec4 004c43a0 0068f410 7343b336 00000010 100013b9 004c8994

First line is french which mean that STARFORGE have done an error in the ''modul'' STARFORGE.DLL at 018f:1000482f

help me please

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Omg I knew that despamming from 17-9 and 9-6 was good, but 2 pages? I looked and I don't think any of mine got deleted. Yes, I can now not create a new map. Right when I click it comes up with an error. Hold on, let me see what it is.

*Goes to check*

"Run-time error '372':

Failed to load control 'NumberBox' from . Your version of may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.
"

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Ok, it's the little things that matter and I hope you already have these written down:

-You can't use the scroll wheel button on your mouse to scroll the map down or up
-You can make the window at the left side bigger so it's harder to see the units name
I had more, but I forgot them all. I'll try to remember them later.

Remember1:
Why can't you minimize the map so you can open up another one. Or did you do this so you want people to open up 2 sf instead of have 2 maps in 1 sf editor?

Man, they're coming back now:
Are you going to add the little pop up window. The window that pops up when you close a map before saving it. That window saves my life a lot of times. Sometimes, I accidentally press x on SCXE and I thank god that that box appears to stop me.