StarForge - The new map making Editor

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I seriously think that when Heimdal gets done with StarForge, it will make a mass new creation of maps. It will unleash the full potential of Starcraft Map Editing. Nothing will match up to the ultimatum ability of StarForge. It will be the greatest. Every other map utility will be tossed like dirt. I can't wait for the full potential of StarForge to be unleashed!

[GLOW=BLUE]- The_Matrix_Reloaded[/GLOW]

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
How come? What's so wrong about it? I think It's great considering how unfinished it is. What's so wrong about it?

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
I've only tried it out for like 15 minutes, it's a lot like scmdraft. Some of sf's ability are extrodinarily good and nifty but I expected this to be more if you get my drift. I'll still use this, I didn't say this editor sucked or was bad, I was just not impressed. Heim, don't take this as an insult, take this as an MV is da bomb posts...

Infested.Fenix

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think Hemidal knows that its not usefull right now, and i think hes trying to fix that, but it takes time.

I hope that this time that hes been gone for hes working on SF 1.0.1 and fixing bugs rather than partying all night. :D Even though i think everybody would rather go to a party than stay and spend a nice few hours programing and coding.

fritfrat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
im not using period, unless it greatly improves.

VERY few things actually work, and almost all the ones that do work can be done in SCMdraft or are not that needed. its not worth it with the map protecting and stuff :)

DrunkenWrestler

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Infested.Fenix
I hope that this time that hes been gone for hes working on SF 1.0.1 and fixing bugs rather than partying all night. :D Even though i think everybody would rather go to a party than stay and spend a nice few hours programing and coding.
Someone realizes you have a life outside of StarCraft, Heimdal.

(V)aster)V(ind

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.idealplayers.com
everyone has a life outside starcraft. some people just don't know where to download it. (jk) Anyways, I can't really do much on my bros comp, and personally I would rather have his laptop here as a main server than what I use

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Yup, it happened... Heimdal left and probably isn't coming back until the first year of college is over... Leaving us stranded and waiting for StarForge for a yer while continually posting on this thread making over 100 pages...

:(I hope he comes back to give the new version out...:(

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
He's not gone, he's just making sf. He doesn't have enough time to post information here. Only has enough time to make sf and probably update his site.

Heimdal

Member!
Reaction score
Well, as Drunk has mentioned, I've been very busy during the last few days, but I've managed to put some final features in, and I think it's ready. The only problem is that I can't get into the FTP for the website at the moment. So...I suppose I'll just attach it here...

Attachment removed.

BH_Naft

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yay, 1st person with 1.0.1(from bf)

thx heimdal, gj with sf so far, and just remember, dont let us pressure you into throwing your life away to get sf out 4 days sooner....

edit: it appears to only be loooking for the data files(starforge.dll at least) at c:/windows/desktop/starforge/, but ill just fix that for now by installing to that directory...

lets see...its run time error 48 if ya need to know.....

that worked.....

btw, when you click ok on the intial create map screen(did on accident) it crashes at starforge.dll, because you have it automatically fill in everything else, but it chooses the tileset and not the default terrain...

edit edit: it happens even when you choose terrain, and when i replace the defaulst with others....i apparently cannot create a new map....

specs: page fault in starforge.dll at 0167:1000482f, on windows 98 se

Infested.Fenix

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i had problem with runtime error 48. So i made a directory c:\windows\desktop\starforge and then it seemed to load fine and when i clicked file new map it said this

Run Time Error '372':

Failed to load control 'numer box' from . Your version of may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your aplication.

BH_Naft

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
did you put all the operative files in that folder, or just the dll? cause you will need all of them there....its looking for them there.

just install it all to that directory.

Heimdal

Member!
Reaction score
Here's a version with the error 48 fixed...

Attachment removed.

KillerMe

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alm.web1000.com
THank you so much for the mini-map.
Location editor still not working though. Also when I try to create a new map it gives me the following error:

Run-time error '372':

Failed to load control 'NumberBox' from . Your version of may be outdated. Make sure that you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

Yes, all the spacing is correct.