Should you go to church?

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmmm so u don't believe that there is anything out there? u can believe that it is all just opinions which pretty much makes you an atheist, or agnostic. but don't u find that you want to KNOW that something is out there? or if you know that something is don't u want to know WHAT it is??? i do believe that there is proof everyday that god exists, and i think there will be a day when everyone will know that he does.

i did read your previous posts roach... all of them
"I never said what he said wasn't true" If you believed in even the smallest possibility that Marks could be right you would care. because he is talking about your eternal state... i think if you realised the full impact of what he is talking about you would be out there every day searching desperately for the answers. does that make sense?

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jaden
hmmm so u don't believe that there is anything out there? u can believe that it is all just opinions which pretty much makes you an atheist, or agnostic. but don't u find that you want to KNOW that something is out there? or if you know that something is don't u want to know WHAT it is??? i do believe that there is proof everyday that god exists, and i think there will be a day when everyone will know that he does.

i did read your previous posts roach... all of them
"I never said what he said wasn't true" If you believed in even the smallest possibility that Marks could be right you would care. because he is talking about your eternal state... i think if you realised the full impact of what he is talking about you would be out there every day searching desperately for the answers. does that make sense?
It does make sense...but someone telling me isn't going to make it any more interesting. Right now, I'm happy with my life. I don't need to go out and find a religion. I also don't want to get wrapped up with one religion. I don't have the time, or the motivation, or even interest. Is that such a problem?

All my life I've been raised christian, but our family never was into the whole church thing. I use to believe in god quite a bit...but after actually reading some of the bible...I seriously questioned if I wanted to be part of this whole "god" thing.

I'm sick of seeing so many people let a simple book ruin and control their lives, it's sad. If I have to be perfect...and always beg for forgiveness to make my way to some glorious place called "heaven"...I don't want to practice any religion, and that's what i've been trying to say.

I just simply don't care to abide by a book. Hell, I'll be a good person by my standards...but only by mine. You shouldn't get into religion just for the sake of "i better go to heaven". You either feel it in your heart, or you don't feel it at all.

I've always tried to stay away from organized religion...because I want to be in-control of my life. As I said a million times, I'm not going to be a slave for a book.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
well mrtin i guess not many are entering in heaven after all. mark said he is not perfect..so i guess not even him goes to heaven and what's all the faith worth for then?. humans are not perfect by definifion..to be human is to make mistakes..to sin.

"because he is talking about your eternal state" well jaden let me put it this way..i don't give a damn about my eternal state. as long as i have to live this life first i worry about this one..when my life will be near to end... i might reconside. God is not helping me in any way, he doesn't solve my problems, he doesn't live my life..I DO!!!!!!.

"you would be out there every day searching desperately for the answers"..the only answer i look for it's the answers to my problems and about myself..nothing else. god is a waste of time and energy. what answers should i find..if apocalips started yet..will i go to heaven..sorry i rephrase am I perfect enough to go to heaven?..well u put those question u have to much free time on ur hands and nothing really to worry about.

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmm yeh i see where u r coming from now. i totally agree with the "it has to come from your heart" the only reason you should ever be a Christian is in response to God's love for you. Im not a Christian so i can go to heaven, and i am not really part of any relgious tradition. I don't let the Bible control my life. I do what i think is right but i try to do this by God's standards because to me his opinion is the only one that matters.. I'm not a slave to the book but when i read it i get so much information out of it that i just look at and go yeh that really applies to life. and also because it gives information about who God is..
i think its important to know what you believe, hmm ur lack of motivation and interest isn't really a problem to me.. i care. but i don't really know u at all so it limits my ability to relate :p but i just could never understand how you could not be motivated when it is in regard to eternity.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok, im not aethiest but i still stand with my origional opinion. god IS just an opinion, he happens to be MY opinion. i believe in god and i dont care who else does cuz i know i do. that makes it an opinion. and i still think there is no evidence god does or does not exist. i believe in the god i believe. the god i believe is how i interpret him and how i interpret the bible (which i do not completely trust) but i have my own veiws on god and hevan and hell. yes you have to be perfect to enter hevan, but jesus changed that. he made it so we can be forgiven for our sins and can still enter hevan as long as we stay with god. my veiws may be different than the bibles and thats fine with me.

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmmm so you don't think that people will ever know what the truth really is.. in fact you don't think that there really is An absolute truth at all?!

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i believe no one will know until they die. you can think whatever you want and live your live based on what you believe in and your opinions. everyone has different opinions and this is one of the most important things in life to understand. you have yo realize that on any subjet people will have different opinions. i live my life based on what i think is right. this means im living my life based on opinions and im not going to change that because they are MY opinions. my opinions WILL change as i go through life, thats just because i will learn more. but what it really comes down to is different people living out their lives based on their own veiws on everything.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
"hmm yeh i see where u r coming from now" well jaden i come from romania ty :)

"not a slave to the book "..well but oh i think u are.

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hahaha think what you want you don't know me! lol i do believe a lot of the bible and im willing to trust god that even when i don't understand it that it is true. But i don't base all my judgments on it.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
all u talk about is that book and that stupid god..u are compulsory obssed by it get over it! dammit!!!

I can judge ppl a lot better than u can and in fact I know a lot about u...because i can read ppl a lot easier. it's . and maybe u will be able to know ppl later. it come more with experience.

"But i don't base all my judgments on it." all u do here it's talk about god..high and low!..all u shown here is u base everything on god..not only ur judgement but ur life also..how sad it's that?

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmm last time i checked God was not a book.. there is a diff and i am not a slave... there is a diff between a servant and a slave..

u may be able to judge people better than i can.. i don't know u and im not judgmental so i don't have an opinion on it. but i know myself better than you do.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT CHURCH!! of course im going to talk about god.... its the whole point of the topic...... r u on drugs?

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to be a servant or a slave...

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
"hmm last time i checked God was not a book"..ahahah how did u checked jaden?.. did u booked urself in his busy agenda and went to see him?..heheh well god it's only a book as long no one can say or point out...there is or there isn't a god.

"THIS THREAD IS ABOUT CHURCH!! of course im going to talk about god.... its the whole point of the topic...... r u on drugs?"..well i think u have some unsolved ager problems also. i think u should go to the asylum and express urself along with few others in there..what ya say ?. ppl that run out of viable arguments start swearing..now jaden go pray ur god coz u have sinned..see u around after. And u didn't just talked about god..u overly obessed with god.

"but i know myself better than you do" do you really??? hmmm

"I wouldn't want to be a servant or a slave..." who would roach??

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i disagree, god is not only a book. maybe the only "proof" is a book but god is an opinion. and the bible is not. the bible is not proof, but my opinion is proof enough for me. if i believe it, then why shouldnt i believe it?

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i don't think god is an opinion i think he is real but i can see what u mean.. u may not want to be either a servant or a slave but u have to acknowledge that there is a difference.

I didn't swear in my last post......

AND yes as a matter of fact i did ask him:p is that a problem for you. i did take time out of his busy agenda i do everyday. i don't believe it is possible to be overly obssessed if u knew me you would know it wasn't true but i wish i was. so ill take that as a compliment. sorry if it offends u.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
jaden, thats my point ;) i also believe that god is real, but thats why its an opinion. i havent heard of any proof so far of his existence but i also never heard of any proof he doesnt exist. so he is our opinion. we know hes real, but thats still no more than one persons opinion :)

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeh i know i know i know!!!! lol i just can't say He is only an opinion... it would be like saying the fact that gravity exists is onyl my opinion.. everyone takes that for granted.. no one really says "its only your opinion" why can't i take the fact the God exists for granted to me he is as real as gravity

Lilu

is lovin life!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
ahh its confusing!!! well GOD IS REAL! others who dont agree just have a different view......but i know its a fact!!!:D
(this is goin to start an argument i can feel it now!!)HAHA
church is important!!! but its not the only thing!
just wanted to add that!! :fwink

yogibear990

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I believe God, is the meaning of life, that it my opinion. I know there is a lot of people that don't agree with me, but everyone has that feeling of something there, they don't know what. Christians and all other religions, are those trying to put a name to it. I believe in Christianity, but also a lot of those other religions have very similar viewpoints, and equally valid arguments. and then to finish, I just want to add a little quote, that always stuck by me, "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen". This is what I've based my life on, and it hasn't done me wrong yet

Crookmob

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
there is no point of going to church because what about when churches didnt exist did the people all go to hell because they didnt go to a church that was never there? and to me all those pictures on the walls of churches are idols