Seriously, WoW is too damned easy now.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Warcraft is a business and people are more likely to buy in if they feel like they have a chance of advancing without chaining themselves to the nearest computer.
Yeah but for actual players it is boring because part of the fun in a game is the challenge. I'll still play some games that I own just cause I can not beat them.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
It's easy now largely in part because with each update, they've slowly catered to the casuals more and more.

CyanSleepy

Reaction score
The most difficult content in the game is nerfed by 30% of it's original difficulty. The game is too easy, yes. But it's just that which makes casual players want to play more.

I would suggest, however, I could not see the reasoning by making dungeons so darned easy. New players will be bored, I think.

hemmer

Reaction score
Sadly, I agree. After Cata came out, I made a priest healer. I expected nothing less but to drink mana in-between fights. But nope, all you have to do is pop a power word shield around them every 20 seconds or so and you are set, practically no mana at all is used.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Sadly, I agree. After Cata came out, I made a priest healer. I expected nothing less but to drink mana in-between fights. But nope, all you have to do is pop a power word shield around them every 20 seconds or so and you are set, practically no mana at all is used.
It has been kind of like that ever since icecrown raids too. A little bit more intense and mana heavy but I never really needed to stop for mana as a disc priest.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
They had to nerf it to make it "friendlier" toward any potential new "casual" players. They figure the hardcore are already so into it that they wouldn't even care anyway. At least, that's what I assume.

yellowbran

Reaction score
I think Blizzard should just release a "Vanilla" server where everything is as hard as the original WOW.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I think Blizzard should just release a "Vanilla" server where everything is as hard as the original WOW.
That would be a good idea. They have PVP and RP servers, why not ones which have increased difficulty?

Meow

Member!
Reaction score
Why do people think Vanilla WoW was amazing... It was honestly more of a chore to play that anything and wasn't difficult through actual difficulty, but through poor design.

Not that WoW isn't really casual at the moment, but saying turn everything back wouldn't please many people at all...

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Why do people think Vanilla WoW was amazing... It was honestly more of a chore to play that anything and wasn't difficult through actual difficulty, but through poor design.

Not that WoW isn't really casual at the moment, but saying turn everything back wouldn't please many people at all...
Think it would still be a good idea to provide a server or two that are vanilla just for the people who want to play it.

vishiousx

Reaction score
I completely agree with you that leveling is so easy, but raiding I think is still hard but getting a lot easier. I'm wodering how things are going to be in MoP, wether it's just going to get easier or they'll make it at least a bit harder.