Nukes or BCs?

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That's why I said unless you're playing tvt. My first post on this thread(I believe). I was simply replying to what esco said. That's all. There both fine on money maps since you can afford to spend 400/300 or 200/200.

eSc0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
and u will lose at the same time :rolleyes:

unless of course ur playing a noob at money maps

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I like Nukes, i just like the feel of stealthily sneaking into a persons base and destroying it from the inside. It also puts them into a panic.

iamshort

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hmmm... I think actually nukes are better than BC's. Even though I am the freaken noob at Terran, I would expect that even experts panic when they see the infamous words "Nucleaur Launch Detected". Nukes do massive amounts of damage also, and can easily weaken the enemies defense.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
meh i dont like terran but i like BC as long u can find it in u to heal them

Maester Seymour

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I like to go with Battle Cruisers because they can just kill stuff in one hit. Those Yamato Guns just take stuff out. Nukes are almost impossible to get off. They won't work against Zerg because of the Overlords and Spore Colonies. It probably won't work on Terran because of Missile Turrets or Science Vessels. It won't work against Protoss because of Photon Cannons.

Caiman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I use both...

I nuke in any situation that is ideal for it (supply depots all together or just destroyed a bunch of detectors or lured them across the map) - jsut when the situation is ideal and nothing else will do quite as well.

The nice thing about nuking is that you can just walk in silently and lay waste, instead of having to plow through slowly and painfully.

Don't get me wrong, battlecruisers still rock

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Rrrrrrriiiiigggghhhhhhttttt. That's why BCs are so rarely used in ALL levels of gameplay.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
thats when Lockdown comes in

iamshort

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Maester Seymour
I like to go with Battle Cruisers because they can just kill stuff in one hit. Those Yamato Guns just take stuff out. Nukes are almost impossible to get off. They won't work against Zerg because of the Overlords and Spore Colonies. It probably won't work on Terran because of Missile Turrets or Science Vessels. It won't work against Protoss because of Photon Cannons.
Well, not really Photon cannons. If you reaserch increased range for for ghost, they have better range than Photon Cannons.

iamshort

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Black knight dragoon
they dont have good range what are you tlaking bout. bc's(fly,yamato cannon, you can upgrade there atack and defens) with nukes they do the same amount almost evrytime with bc's you can make them stronger
Sorry for double posting. Anyway, you are right about the upgrades, but that also cost money. Plus, fully upgraded, BC's, can do, what, 31, 32 damage. Somewhere in the 30ths. Still, a Nuke does 500 damage ON THE EDGE!!!! That means it does 500 damage minimum. I would say that;s slightly more powerful than 32 damage.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Nuking is just a bit more riskier, especially against toss since obs are invisible, which is why you don't bother with either one.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
He's right. Ghosts are so rarely used, they're almost non-existant. Even in tvp. Well, in competitive gaming, anyway.