Most durable Console?

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Xbox360 most durable console?

It's a tough question.. But with the console war having just begun.. It's most likely a question in everyones mind. Gamecube was the most durable console before.... Will Nintendo live up to it's reputation? I can't tell you for sure.. But I do know the xbox 360 has a lot going for it...

A man was involved in a hit and run accident.. His car rolled over 3 or 4 times... His xbox360 fell out of the car.. and was ran over.. But guess what....

The xbox still worked... The hard drive had fallen out.. and the face plate was nowhere to be found.. AND there was a tire mark on his 360...

Here are some pics...

That's one roughed up xbox...

Now just look at his truck..

Heres a video of him starting up his xbox...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJFkKYl2c94

The xbox360 proves to be one tough console.....

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Common though.. Just look at that tire mark on his xbox...

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
There are videos on those websites of them getting smashed. Its really not up for debate.

When that Wii explodes I just get all tingly inside.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There are videos on those websites of them getting smashed. Its really not up for debate.

When that Wii explodes I just get all tingly inside.

Of course the consoles can break... I'm just asking wich one can take the most before it breaks.. And it looks like the xbox wins.

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Its between the 360 and the PS3. I'm leaning towards the PS3.

The PS3 took a lot more hits than the 360.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Its between the 360 and the PS3. I'm leaning towards the PS3.

The PS3 took a lot more hits than the 360.
True.. But do you think a ps3 can survive getting ran over by a car?

My vote goes for the xbox on this one...

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
A sledge hammer would do more damage than getting ran over by a truck.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A sledge hammer would do more damage than getting ran over by a truck.

But who hits their console with a sledgehammer? For all you know.. you might be driving and get hit, then your car would roll over and then your ps3 would get ran over...

I dont think a ps3 can survive that...

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
If it can take that much of a beating from a sledge hammer a truck running over it would be no problem.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice. Poor truck, though.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Who runs over their consol with a truck... The real question shouldn't be worrying about you flipping a 40 k truck ontop of it but rather which is funner to play and unfortunetly the 360 comes in last behind ps2 and gamecube.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
In that smash video of the PS3 it was damaged a lot internally compared to externally, and that's enough to warrant the fact that it's unplayable. If you smash any of the consoles with a sledgehammer you're gonna **** something up at least in one location of the console and it'll be deemed unplayable. So honestly that's not a fair comparison.

If all three were ran over and shit and tested for playability, then that'd be a much better comparison.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I am tempted to think the Wii might be the toughest... Partially because it is more likely to be less crammed with stuff, and therefore least likely to screw up.*

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
But who hits their console with a sledgehammer? For all you know.. you might be driving and get hit, then your car would roll over and then your ps3 would get ran over...

I dont think a ps3 can survive that...
the design of the ps3 can probably sustain a running over it. i think the case would be more durable than a flat case of an xbox 360. the thing is, if a ps3 and an xbox 360 can withstand a car running over them, how would you decide which is more durable after that?

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
the design of the ps3 can probably sustain a running over it. i think the case would be more durable than a flat case of an xbox 360. the thing is, if a ps3 and an xbox 360 can withstand a car running over them, how would you decide which is more durable after that?
Have roach step on one. Roach is fatter than any car I've ever seen.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You mean long-term destruction?*