Heir of the Stone King

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Auric nodded his agreement to the mercenary. "Well, since we've got the princess of this foreign land traveling with us, I don't know if she's accustomed to long distance walking." He mulled. His icy blue eyes looked over in the direction which she ran. "I will go see how she is." He said and headed to where Titianna and Aasiyah had disappeared to.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
As Auric ran through the path ahead, he caught sight of a large, imposing figure. In the moonlight it was hard to tell what the man looked like but Auric noted a disfigured arm where the right should be. He slowly drew his slim sword and ignited a flame around it to better see. "Who are you?" He asked cautiously.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Lol, it's his left arm, and it's really not tremendously disfigured...I'll roll with it and assume you saw the demonic shadow.))

Viktor clutched his left wrist with his other hand and val'Kishtar's manifested arm shrank back into his flesh.

Using his right hand to pull his cowl back to show his face, while holding his left arm close to his chest, Viktor looked up at the man who approached him with a blade singing with flame. In a quavering voice, he called out to the newcomer.

"I-I am Viktor Ramirez...do not be alarmed, for I mean you no harm. Please, extinguish your flame...I cannot bear the sight of it...not after..."

His face clenched in effort as he suddenly shook and stumbled forward slightly. Even as he clutched his left arm to his chest with his right, it seemed to reach for the fire, the disfigured shadow Auric had seen earlier reappearing and calling to the flame as if to an old friend or a lost limb.

Grunting with effort, Viktor pulled the demon arm back into himself. The soul of val'Kishtar missed the fires that once burned within it, and Viktor had been trying to avoid any villages or travelers who may be using torches. He didn't think the demon could really claim the flames for itself, but he didn't care to give it the chance. It was already too strong in his mind...any more and his battered defenses would collapse and allow the demon's will to control him. Last time that happened...

Standing up as straight as he could, and placing his left arm behind his back as if shielding it from the flame, Viktor spoke once more to the man standing before him.

"Please...I have been walking for so long...can you tell me where I am?"

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Auric did not drop his guard at the newcomer. He knew that he saw some kind of demonic arm a moment ago... He shook his head. "No can do, until I have your name, mister." He said, his icy blue eyes had a hue of orange to them in the firelight from his sword. His hood was up, covering most of his flaming red hair but no doubt it would have look fierce enough.

Reaction score
Tatianna eventually convinced Aasiyah to go ahead and come back with her. Both walked along the rooted trail until they came up;on Auric. Tatianna upon seeing someone unfamiliar and Auric having his sword drawn immediately placed Aasiyah behind her. Aasiayh was sick of being protected sick of feeling so pampered. She had run away form a destiny she knew would keep her life as merely a figure of beauty. She ran away to fight to be on an adventure. She pushed past Tatianna and began walking towards Auric She ended up running into the large man currently talking to Auric and lost her balance falling on her bum.

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
"Not a very dignified lady, are you?" Quietstorm shook his head in silent mirth as Aasiyah recovered from her embarrassing run-in with the stranger. He stepped forward and bowed slightly to the man who had introduced himself as Viktor. "Well Viktor, you're on the road between Evers'ilance and Vaestranadax. Any particular reason why you're stumbling about in the dark, unarmed, on a dangerous road?"

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Viktor struggled to contain himself after the unexpected impact with Aasiyah, and shuddered at the question asked of him by Quietstorm.

"I am plagued by a curse...I left my home to avoid bringing it down upon the heads of my family...I have been traveling for a long time, and if what you say of our bearings is true...for a very long distance."

Viktor paused, the light that still burnt from Auric's weapon searing into eyes that hadn't witnessed a sunrise in over a year. He found himself growing angry in spite of himself.

"Put that fire out! I asked you nicely, and I did indeed give you my name!"

On impulse Viktor lashed out with his arm, the demonic manifestation exploding forth from it and becoming more solid. The appendage stretched out towards Auric, easily covering the 9 feet that separated them, to grab firm hold of the blade that sang with flame, then retracted. The unearthly force coupled with how sudden the move was yanked the sword out of Auric's hand, bringing it back a few feet before releasing it and embedding it into the ground. val'Kishtar's arm retreated back into Viktor's as quickly as it had sprang forth, and Viktor clasped his arm to his chest once more.

Instantly calm again, and his face showcasing a mixture of embarassment and shame, Viktor shielded his arm beneath his cloak...it was no longer a choice of whether or not to tell them of his curse.

"I-I apologize...it is the nature of my curse...I am plagued by the presence of a demon inhabiting my flesh, the great demon val'Kishtar. I left my village to save my family from his wrath, which expresses itself through the appearance of a shadow of his arm through mine...I have difficulty controlling it, and have been wandering at night for over a year, staying away from other men as best I can. I apologize again for my rash actions, and if you wish I will take my leave of you."

Still huddled over his arm, Viktor turned to leave the group that had gathered.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Auric wasn't prepared for the arm yanking his sword from his hands, he growled slightly but listened to Viktor's explaination. "Alright, bucko. You can travel with us, we could use a bit more muscle." He said, picking his sword up from the ground and sheathing it. "You can accompany us if you wish." He said with a humorless smile.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Viktor swallowed.

"I appreciate your kindness, but do you expect to encounter trouble? I have tasted more bloodshed than I care to endure, and I am no warrior. In my village, I was the town blacksmith...this demon has brought me more violence than I ever wished to experience...if you require my aid for the good of all, I will help you...but I fear for unleashing this burden upon others..."

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Auric shook his head. "You won't be a burden. If you prefer not to fight then you can stay away from battles and repair equipment." He said. "I'll pay you for you trouble." He added, seeing if that would do it.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
A strange voice cried out from within off the path. "Pay, is it? Then I take 'et yer all filthy rich!" A sharp whistle followed, and then the voice called out again. "Step lively, me lovelies!" From down the path and through the trees, a company of bandits materialized out of the darkness, brandishing axes, blades, and bows. Talon turned slowly to survey the force arrayed around them.

"Well, damn. That's what we get for standing around for so long." He gripped the hilt of two shortswords beneath his cloak, waiting to see how things would turn out.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Auric sighed and then drew his slim sword. It erupted into flame as it came out of its scabbard, the rage dancing in Auric's eyes. "Brigands huh? I am NOT in the mood for you. Do I look like I have loads of cash on me?" He grumbled as he slid into his stance, preparing for the battle that would defintly come.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Many of the bandits shuffled backwards at the sight of the flaming blade, their eyes dazzled. However, none ran or gave more than a few feet. Talon shook his head, trying to comprehend just how much of a tactical nightmare they were in. "Auric, 'less you can shoot fireballs and put up magic walls, I'd say those archers'll turn us into pincushions pretty quickly." Still, Talon was reluctant to go down to a bunch of thieving and murdering scum.

Reaction score
"Would you like to show Mr.Auric and Mr. Quietstorm your abilities Lady Aasiyah?" Tatianna asked her handing a curved sword to Aasiyah."You know that's not a bad idea...." Aasiyah spoke takign the sword from Tatianna."I am here for your assitance mi'lady even though you will nto need it." Tatianna bowed."Do you mind Auric...Quietstorm?" Aasiyah asked both of them as she began to walk towards the offenders.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Viktor didn't have time for this. These people showed him kindness where few would. He settled into a line beside them, unarmed except for the soul of val'Kishtar welling up with a tide of anger.

"How far away would you say they are, friends? Those arrows are problematic...but I could be similarly so."

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Quietstorm shook his head, just wondering what he had gotten himself into. A Spellsword, a Demon, and frickin' princess. Instead he said to Viktor, "Their archers are about thirty yards out in every direction," and drew a longsword with his right hand and ejecting another blade from beneath his left sleeve: a mid-sized hidden pata. He ducked down and stepped forward as well, hoping that their show of bravery was enough to scare off at least some of the bandits.

It wasn't. The leader of the group, hidden somewhere in the midst of thirty or so desperate robbers, yelled out incomprehensibly, and the battle was joined. Talon ducked down and rushed ahead with frightening, almost magical, speed, quick and silent. Approaching one bandit, the mercenary leaped and delivered two kicks, one after another, at the man's head, knocking him out. Quietstorm landed and spun around on one foot, blades out, bisecting an axe-wielding robber.

Reaction score
Seeign Quietstorm was already attackign she decided to go ahead. HEr steps were quite fast for a human and she appeared to just walk between two bandits. As soon as she smiled the two bandits whom she stepped between had cuts bursting form there flesh so many cuts that seemed impossible to be made by a human...then the men fell to pieces. Aasiyah just stood there waiting to see the others reactions.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
He smelled a great amount of blood, but didn't have time to look to see who's blood it was. Caught in a melee with four bandits, one of whom brandished an axe and a mace, Quietstorm danced and ducked between blows and arrows. As one of the bandits thrusted a spear at him, the mecenary jumped and stepped onto the blade, burying its tip into the ground. He ran up the shaft and swung his longsword, lopping the man's head off before rolling forward, a pair of arrows slicing the air right over his shoulder. Talon landed and spun on the ground, tripping a second brigand and stabbing him through the belly as the man landed on the mercenary's pata, before cutting him open to free the blade.

It was down to a quick one-on-one with the remaining bandit. Leaping off his back and onto his feet, Talon caught the mace-head with the flat of his longsword, the blade ringing in his hands painfully. Quietstorm spun and released the blade, quickly shaking his hand in pain as he tried a backhand cut. The bandit, more skilled than his now-dead compatriots, raised his axe and caught the blade with the haft and swung his mace again at Talon, who leaps backwards, catching only a light blow into his belly. At the same time, his movement wrenches the axe to the side; the bandit, gripping the axe tightly, moves with it, and catches two arrows through the back. Talon smiled beneath his hood, and snatched up his sword from the ground before dancing forward again, hoping that he wouldn't end the same way as his foe.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Viktor saw that his newfound comrades were faring well, but the bandits were simply too numerous. Grudgingly, he joined the fray. Even more grudgingly, he released val'Kishtar to aid him in battle.

Gleeful to be in a situation to cause bloodshed, the demon arm gave itself over to Viktor, allowing him full control in the infliction of mayhem.

Viktor decided that the archers would present the greatest problem for his allies, so he would attack them first. He shot out his phantom arm to its full length, a distance of roughly twelve feet, and grabbed at the ground as far away as he could reach. Once his grip was secured, he retracted the arm, pulling himself across the spanned distance with lightning speed. Upon reaching his destination, he hit the ground rolling and his arm already extending again to carry him another 4 yards. In such a manner he covered the distance to the treeline in a matter of seconds, moving far too quickly to be targeted by the arrows of his prey.

Upon reaching the treeline, Viktor sent the arm of val'Kishtar up into the foliage, drawing himself up and vanishing into the trees. In the dark of the wood, his spectral arm was almost invisible, and the first archer never saw it coming as the horned fist dropped out of the trees above him and sunk its claws into the soft flesh under his jaw, carrying him back up into the trees, from which an explosion of blood spattered down on the forest floor.

One by one, the archers in the woods were yanked up into the trees and their blood and innards covered the trees and grass where they were last seen.

The remaining archers tried to draw a bead on where Viktor was, but his dark cloak was a mere blur as the arm of val'Kishtar carried him quickly through the forest. All of the trees around gave the arm a free choice of anchors to which to pull Viktor, and he was simply too fast for the archers to target.