Heir of the Stone King

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
He nodded when she told him the sleeping arrangements. "I'll uh...be on my way to it then. Goodnight, Aasiyah." He smiled at her then exited the tent, heading to the one next to it. Inside was Jael but there was no sign of Quietstorm. He pondered where the merc had gone to but shrugged. "Nice night, isn't it?" He mocked.

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
"Sure is." The mercenary stepped in through the tent, smelling of ashes. He pulled back his hood and grinned at Auric. "So word on the street is that there's some maniac royalty running around, cleaving hundreds of men through-and-through with a magical sword." Quietstorm cracked his kncukles absent-mindedly. "Now, magical blades are pretty rare this end of the Kingdom. Only other thing I can think of that's like a magical sword is a Spellblade. Only Spellblade I know about is you. So I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you've been out and about, doing some enforcing of one sort or another. Probably no more than five, maybe six people." The mercenary dusted off some fine ash from his cloak, momentarily grimacing at the state of his attire. "What makes me curious is the part about royalty. Know anything about that?"

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Auric grinned as well when Quietstorm returned. "Well, I don't know much about the royalty thing either, I mean look at me, I look like a bloody beggar." He said, showing no hint of a lie in his face. "And it was five people but I let one go." He said and then sat down. "Perhaps they had me confused for someone else." He said in a collected, reserved tone. "And where have you been? Swimming in the volcano?" He asked.

Reaction score
There was yellign now outside the tent where Auric currently was."You can't do that Jael I will not allow it! Mi'lady is not a whore for your greed. I have been silent for too long but I will never allow mi'lady to be tainted!" Zeldi yelled shaking with anger."I allowed you three to join my band unde the condition of being performers. I kept quiet about your master in exchange for your payment. This town obviously will not bring the caravan money enough from shows. Aasiyah will act as Tatianna does. She will dance and then she will be auctioned off for the night." Jael spoke heat in his voice."You can't just auciton her off the king will kill us for it! The Eladrin is here already having her being used as a whore will surely get us excecuted." Zeldi spoke still fuming."Tell Aasiyah or I'lll tell the King where you three are." Jael spoke before walking away. Zeldi growled before stamping her foot."You greedy old fool!" She yelled as loud as she could.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
The flap of the tent Auric and Quietstorm were in whooshed open, and without a second's hesitation, Auric's expression changed to a dead seriousness, his slim blade drawn. "The one thing I cannot tolerate is the mistreatment of women. Neither Aasiyah or Titianna are whores for your benefit, Jael and neither of them chose to be auctioned off." He said, his tone had the same amount of heat as white hot metal in a forge. The blade of his sword errupted into a bright flame, the rage evident in his eyes. "Here I thought you were the honorable sort of man, but now I see you for your true colors; a greedy, conniving little man who cares for nothing but his own gain at the expense of others." He said, his voice was as grim as his face as he took an aggressive step forward. His muscles rippled with anger, anger at Jael for decieving everyone and angry that his cover had been blown. Now the band knew of his heritage and now they would most likely turn him in to the Evers'ilanceian government to be executed.

Reaction score
Jael gave a smirk,"You have tow options Zeldi. You can take Tatianna and Aasiyah alogn with the dragonis and flee...or you can stay here and wait until the army comes to claim you." Zeldi glared before stepping out infront of Auric,"Foregive me Auric....You should never see a woman do this." Zeldi removed the head wrap on her head revealign the old woman's long black locks and a red symbol on her forehead. It was the mark of a servant of the Gypsy King a man whose family was close to the Eladrin. "In the Name of King Drake I must punish you...." She held her hand out at Jael before a wave of purple energy struck him square in the head causing him to the fall to the ground shaking. She turned to look at Auric and smiled at him,"If you promise no harm... I can help you escape. But first..." She gave a whistle and Tatianna turned roudn the corner pulling Aasiyah along."So what do you say Sir Eladrin wanna runaway together?" Tatianna smiled winking at him.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Auric arched an eyebrow he didn't anticipate his companions being members of the branch family of the Eladrins. "Looks like I don't have much of a choice don't I?" He asked, his expression softening. "What did you do to him?" He asked Zeldi.

Reaction score
"He's in a living nightmare right now.It's one of my specialties....King Drake didn't make me head of his army for nothing." Zeldi smiled placing her headwrap back on."General Tatianna von Stroff at your service Lord Auric." Tatianna smiled giving him a polite bow. Aasiyah hid behind Tatianna barely glancing at Auric."Forgive mi'lady Lord Auric....we've had a bad experience with your side of the family in the past. Come on princess it's not safe here." Tatianna spoke pulling Aasiyah behind her. Zeldi followed after,"Hurry up Sir Auric....less we leave you behind." She gave a laugh.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Auric was baffled still at the prospect of these people who had been part of Drake's army all along. "Uh, alright." He said, adjusted his ragged, frayed cloak and followed after them. "What of Quietstorm?" He asked. "Is he one of yours as well?"

Reaction score
"No...we've tried to steer clear of him. Mi'lady had a vision that he was a mercenary so we felt it best to try and not come in contact with him." Zeldi spoke strongly. Aasiyah kept looking back nervously at Auric as if worried.Tatianna noticed and pushed her ahead of her,"Do not fear him Aasiyah I promise your safe." Zeldi shook her head."Forgive her Auric when she was a but a small child one of your side of the family had her kidnapped...that's how King Drake's wife Selena ...may god protect her soul...perished in the line of duty."

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Auric lifted an eyebrow. He could have sworn that no Eladrin had left their exiled home for the past 170 years but one could have gotten loose. "It's fine, I won't harm her. She is my friend, you three are the only ones I've ever had. Perhaps Quietstorm if he learned to lighten up a little." He said and sighed. "I should never have revealed my name...it's become nothing but problematic. Well, what's done is done. Allow me to introduce myself." He said, going into a deep, gallant bow. "Auric the Spellblade Eladrin, last of the Eladrin line, master of elemental swords, and a knight in ragged armor." He grinned, his ice blue eyes staring up at the three women. He brushed a flaming red bang from his face and then stood up straight.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((About time I got this taken care of...my time has been somewhat limited as of late. Anyway, here's my char. I'll leave it to you to introduce him...he should probably be stumbling through the woods, cloaked, not entirely sure of where he is.))

Name: Viktor A. Ramirez
Sex: Male
Height: 5ft9
Weight: 168lbs

Description: A blacksmith whose village laid in the path of a rampaging demon, he was able to form a resistance built of the most able-bodied men from his and a couple surrounding towns. He led the charge against the demon, and the band he had gathered was able to defeat the hellbeast. In the backlash from the creature's fiery demise, the remaining members of the party were slain, his own life spared only by the corpses of his comrades protecting him from the brunt of the energy shockwave. The departing spirit of the demon was drawn to him as the only surviving man in the near vicinity, and the creature's astral form took root in his left arm. It turned the flesh of his arm a dark grey, and a shadowy simulacrum of the demon's arm overlaid his own. With the possession of his arm, Viktor knew that he could not return to his village and risk the lives of his family and lifelong friends, so he set off on his own into an exile of his own choosing.

Appearance: Of average height and a sturdy build, Viktor has shoulderlength black hair that he keeps pulled into a ponytail and dark brown eyes. A relatively handsome man of Hispanic appearance, his days of smithing have sculpted his body to have impressive strength without being superhuman.

Personality: Normally a good-natured family man, Viktor's life drastically changed when the demon began rampaging around the lands near his village...and his personality did as well. He's now a much quieter, less outgoing person than he once was, as the sorrow of his curse and exile grips his soul as tightly as the presence which grips his arm. By no means malevolent, Viktor's heart is true but the creature that possesses his arm influences him in many ways. He has discovered within himself a rather short fuse, and rises to anger much more quickly than he once did. The mind that once devised new ways of crafting steel that made his creations the best in his native valley succumbs more often to blind rage in which more than just his arm is driven by the demon within. His inability to control himself at times has led him into a deeper loathing for himself and the creature he shares his body with, and there's not a whole lot left of the kindly father and husband he once was.

----------------------------------

Name: val'Kishtar (VAHL-ksh-TAHR)
Sex: Male
Height: 14ft8
Weight: 837lbs
Length: 23ft6 from tip of horns to tip of tailblade
Wingspan: 18ft
Core Temperature: 740 degrees Fahrenheit

Description: The demon residing within Viktor's arm, its name is actually the root word from which the Draconian word for "wrath" originated. A very old demon, its incarnations have terrorized the vast mountain range around Viktor's village for centuries. When living, the beast would thrash and char everything it came into contact with, driven by a mad lust for destruction. When eventually slain, it would take root within the flesh of whatever mortal was nearest to it at its time of demise. Once it had feasted enough upon the soul of its host, it would warp the flesh within which it was contained, twisting it into its own vile image and assuming full control, the mind of the host a prisoner in its own flesh until the time which the demon was slain again and the host's soul could find peace in the afterlife.

Appearance: While its true form is a twisted gnarl of carapace and horns (in a general shape reminescent of the Balrog in the LotR movies), val'Kishtar's current form is that of a shadowy overlay upon Viktor's own left arm. The bestial limb has little substance in its resting state, and can even disappear inside of his arm altogether, but it can manifest as a more solid appendage and be directed to do various tasks.

Personality: Ravenous and vengeful, val'Kishtar rages against the confines of Viktor's body desperately seeking freedom. Viktor must fight with the will of val'Kishtar constantly, as the demon is very cunning. If Viktor allows his guard to drop for a moment, the beast will sieze control of his arm and do whatever acts of violence he wishes. With each kill enacted by the phantom arm, val'Kishtar grows slightly stronger. Eventually Viktor's flesh itself will start to twist into a form similar to that of the beast, and when there is little left of Viktor's original appearance, the demon will be born once more. val'Kishtar anxiously awaits this day, and until then he plays games with his host's mind, sometimes tranquil and pacified, others fighting ferociously against Viktor's will. He hopes to wear down his host and hasten the transfer of full control.

Reaction score
((Yeah another person!))

"I see Sir Auric. The rumors were true then. As the last Eldarin you have myself and Tatianna at your service as guards if need be." Zeldi smiled before all four would soon come to a stop near a clearing in the forest where a small camp was set."Nice work Tati." Zeldi spoke taking a seat."We should probably introduce ourselves the real us. As you know I am General of King Drake's army I have been for about thirteen years now. They've nicknamed me the beautiful killer." Tatianna laughed before takign a seat herself." My name is Lady Zeldi Le Flamel. Head of the military of his King and bodyguard to his daughter. I was engaged to man of the Eladrin over three-hundred years ago. I myself am nearly four-hundred." Aasiyah sat between the two women." My name...is Aasiyah Selena Hazine." She twirled a silver lock of hair aroudn her finger. Her golden eyes were bright."As you probably know Aasiyah is King Drake's daughter. And in some areas of this world known as the lost princess. We've been in hiding ever since mi'lady has run from the castle." Zeldi sighed.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Quietstorm kept himself impassive until there was a point where he could cut into the conversation. The opportunity presented itself when Aasiyah was reintroduced as the lost princess of some kingdom or another. "Definitely not a bloodheir of the last King of Evers'ilance, who had named a traitorous bastard for an heir anyhow," thought the mercenary, before speaking aloud. "Jeez, just because I don't have any royal blood in me and I live an honest life, you bunch start distrusting me? Guess class discrimination will always be around." he shook his head, but continued. "Anyways, 'princess', I don't quite get what it is you're trying to do. Claim the throne of your kingdom, or something? Evers'ilance has pretty much been in ruins since the last War. The last, true-blood King never had a kid. He named a Warrior as his heir... and the bastard kills him anyways. So I doubt that you've got any connections to this Kingdom."

Quietstorm paced about a bit quietly, thinking for a moment, while the others eyed him warily. Then he spoke again. "The way I see it, a group of travelling women and an exiled noble, Eladrin or not, aren't going to know the ins and outs of Evers'ilance like a good mercenary will. Whatever it is you bunch need, I'm pretty sure I know someone who can provide."

Reaction score
"Told you he'd follow Zeldi." Tatianna stuck her tongue out at her."Fine when we get home I will wash your horse for a week....besides the point Quietstorm..our lady is of higher status than the foolish family you speak of. She is of the Banal region... She is the daughter of King Drake. Known as the legendary King of the Gypsies. He holds great power and a kind heart and all the iron of this world."Zeldi spoke running a hand through her hair. Aasiyah stood up clenching her hands looking at the ground,"...he's a liar...and he will never be my father..." She turned walkign away into the forest Tatianna ran after her."Quietstorm if you agree to not betray the three of us would gladly take you along...our distrust was the fact you are a mercenary."Zeldi sighed.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Quietstorm appeared a bit miffed at Tatianna's disregard for the royal family. "Yeah, maybe the current leadership can go to hell. But watch your tongue when you speak about the Last King. If it weren't for him, this world would've gone down in a blaze of hellfire. That, and most commoners wouldn't like hearing their heritage disparaged."

The mercenary turned to Zeldi as the other two girls ran off. "You want me to agree to something, write up a contract and we can discuss the terms then and there. But just remember this: my word is my honor. My honor is my life."

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Auric combed his fingers through his red locks but he beamed anyway. "Glad to have you along, Quietstorm. If anything, I'll pay for your services. I can't do all the fighting around here you know." He grinned. "Besides, you look kinda like someone from the songs my mother sung to me as a lad. His name escapes me, however." He said. He looked over at Zeldi with a stern expression. "Evers'ilance is the greatest kingdom in this land. I have never heard of your homeland, but I gather it is just a branch off of my own ancestral homeland; Stonehewn. Do not defy the kingdom that actually did something for us during the Third War."

Reaction score
"I have every right to....afterall he had my fiancee` killed for crimes he never committed.You may have never heard of homeland because it's up in the mountains. But all the iron our land has is used for your king's armies and the towns he owns....our people rarely come down from the mountains." Zedi gave another sigh.

"Please stop Princess..." Tatianna spoke following Aasiyah's quick pace with ease."....I hate my father..." Aasiyah spoke growling before kicking a rock. "You don't mean that." Tatianna laid a hand on her shoulder."...I mean it with every fiber of my soul. It's his fault I had to leave. I willl not be a tool for trade....I won't be my mother."

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Auric shrugged. He didn't know much of his ancestral homeland except that the city was made of the purest white marble stone and all the buildings gently reflected sunlight. The family colors were ice blue, gold and white to symbolize the colors of snow and purity. He was often awestruck as his imagination envisioned this wondrous kingdom. "Zeldi, I apologize for my rudeness but everything's been happening so fast...I can't keep up." He said. "How are we to travel? Horses? On foot? Jael is practically dead."

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
"Travel?" Quietstorm just shook his head. "Well, it depends on where you want to go. Obviously horses or caravans would be the best choice, but it might be pretty dangerous depending on the place you want to go to. Lots of bandits and highwaymen on some roads. Nah, the best way to travel is by mage. 'Course, it's pretty expensive." Quietstorm drew a butterfly knife from within the folds of his cloak and began to flick it about in his hand, thinking for a moment. "Hmm... theoretically we could risk it, if we made ourselves to look poor enough that the larger camps wouldn't harass us. And if it comes down to the fighting, well... I'm pretty sure we won't leave any alive."