Final Fantasy 11...yay or nay?

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the game isnt going to sell good at all-most people are used to the games being on the sony playstation consul (maybe a few on the nintendo license) so most people only play the ff games on the ps(2) because they are just used to it. the garaphics and all look good but i havent really seen anything too promising-a guy fighting this hovering dragon-looking thing and a bunch of people standing on a cliff. i would buy it of course if it was on a ps format/consul. playing a ff game on the pc just wont feel right. if u havent noticed, squareenix(soft) has been trying to make the graphics for its games better but keep lowering the quality of gameplay and the storyline-this is true with ff10(10-2) it was an ok game and sold a lot because it had high expectations.i think ffX1 will also do that but sales will drop a huge % within a month or so...the online gameplay will just mess up the fabrics of what makes a ff game a game u play for hours and hours-someone posted before u get bored before u get to lv30-hell, i saved a game on ff8 just so i could fly the ragnarok and train everyone to a lv10 and master everything-same for 7. 10 was ok about it but square has (to me) seemed to have been drawing away from the great games they once created. the ff games are becoming crap. maybe if they recreated old games onto the ps2/gba maybe, it would be a little different, like the ff tactics square has recently released.
all this mumbling nonsense is just my opinion about things... dot dot dot

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
umm....Final Fantasy XI IS going to be released on the PlayStation 2. It's coming bundled with the PS2 HDD...that's what all this talk of spending $100+ dollars is about. I don't have a PC, so that's why I'm waiting for the PS2 version; even if I DID have a PC, I would still buy it on PS2 because it feels much more natural.

I don't really agree with you on the quality of the games. I thought FF7 was good (but not the best Final Fantasy ever as most people call it), I absolutely loved FF8 (maxed pretty much everything), 9 wasn't quite as good, but I really like 10 (I haven't played 10-2 yet). It's true that the gameplay in FFXI will be different, but I'm kind of excited about it and doubt it will take away from the story too much (I'll be extremely disappointed if it does). Anyway, I think FFXI will pretty much sell no matter what. It's all about having that name attached to the product....

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The reason that PS2 FFXI will be hard is because you can't type things to other people if you don't have keyboard.

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
You can just use the keyboard from any computer as long as it connects via USB, so it's probably not even necessary to spend extra money on that. And even if you do decide to buy one that's made specifically for the PS2...you can get one for about $20-40. No big deal.

Auron

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was gonna buy it but theres something called a visa or mastercard I don't have so the game won't be played by me

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
yay because its a good game to play until WoW comes out and people are gonna be playing with the ps2 launch, which is tomorrow

KillerMe

Reaction score
Website
www.alm.web1000.com
That game looks like crap (see sig image)

But seriously, I'm gonna get it for PS2 and PC. I've been waiting forever for it. (PC for dads house where I have good comp, PS2 for mom's where I have a crap comp).

KillerMe

Reaction score
Website
www.alm.web1000.com
Nah, I don't. I looked into, and since all chars are stored on their servers I can access the same account from two different places (not at the same time). I'm getting the PC version for free though from my friend.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
i want this game so bad

hmm i hope it doesnt suck. o well dark blade seems to like it a lot =P btw i saw a list of servers and i didnt see a "fairy" server. is this list wrong? it wasnt the official list but still. dang i cant get it today =/ gotta wait till tomorrow.