Fave Dota hero

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i came up with a tidehunter strat that owns about everybody. get ring of regen in beginning and go creep sniping for a good sum of money. then when you think you have enough or need to make a foundtain trip, you should have ~1-1.5k to spend on the treads. i also like to buy sobi mask to help with his mana regeneration.
later, the ring of regen can be sold, but keep the sobi mask. this will be used to make guinsoos scythe. treads/guinsoos on a tidehunter is ownage, plus throwing in the mom to finish it off. then i got mkb later. i was unstoppable, and tied for kills with bounty hunter :D

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
What does guinsoos Scythe do?
And what does basher do?

And the fact that disentangle was only around for a while doesn't change the fact that they shoulda kept it.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Terror is better because it stacks with Desolator.

Guinsoo's lets you cast hex.
Basher gives 15% for melee to bash/stun.
Like 5-8% for range to bash/stun. Forgot the range's %

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Hex turns you into a little critter than moves real slow and can't attack. It lasts a bit, too.

Desolator causes your regular attack to cause them to lose armor which essentially makes you hit ALOT harder.

Bash is a skill that allows each of your regular attacks to have a % chance to stun.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
morbidgolem said:
What does hex do?
What does desolator do?
And what do you mean by bash?

Turned into a random barnyard animal with slow running speed and can't cast spell.

Desolator is constructed from 2 Mithril Hammers, adding damage and causing your attacks to decrease armor per hit

Bash is a passive that stuns the enemy with a % chance of working. Cranium Basher gives you this, and some heroes have this sort of skill.

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
I suppose Terrorblade would own with Bash since he attacks so fast.

Btw any1 hav any Omniknight startegies?

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
start off with boots and work your way to treads. get three bracers, then go for heart. thats what i did...and i got purification and degen aura for skills plus GA at lvl 6, but when theyre maxed i was getting repel (annoying spell vs casters) and stats last.

^ didnt do too bad that game so it should work

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Boots of Travel or MoM/Treads so you can get a hero stuck in your degen aura 24/7.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
hahaha that would be cheap. i hate the omniknight hes a total bs'er

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Gondar is just as annoying too. Get Butterfly/Yasha and he has all the agi he will ever need. Then Boots of Travel, maxed out Wind Walk and db (forgot actual name). GG anything if you can be silent.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
gondar is lazy, but i get treads/mkb with him. thats also ownage. nothing funner like picking off noobs with axe tho :)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, but that game you and I were in when I had Gondar was pretty awesome. I have a screen of the items I had too.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
ya we both did good, esp me for having 1st time Lucy. his usual refresher strat is boring thats all anyone does now, no variety.
i though have found an interest in the shadow fiend. does anyone find it hard to aim his shadowraze? i thinks its as easy as pie :D

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You stole my kills in the end, but whatever. We managed to pull off a 3 on 4 victory. I didn't like how our 6-2 Dragon Knight ditched us just because he ran off on his own to die!

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
morbidgolem said:
I suppose Terrorblade would own with Bash since he attacks so fast.

Btw any1 hav any Omniknight startegies?
terrorblade owns with everything. he just... owns.

omniknight strats? start buying a sobi mask, a int mantle and a ironwood branch... if you picked him.. so you will have nuff healing to stay there for a long time
try going boots of travel + skadi = TOTAL GAYNESS u just can't run from omnik when he has that. unless you are terrorblade, of course =(

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
The dragon knight was pretty good when he was the old version you know before they redid him now i cant use him for shit

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
Icedragon said:
The dragon knight was pretty good when he was the old version you know before they redid him now i cant use him for shit
he's still pretty good, he's just not big ass early game hero killer anymore
but he's still a stupid farmer as well... give him a travel boot and mass tarrasques and you're done... frost dragon with 5k hp is... TOUGH.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Plus the fact his breath of fire covers a large radii for 325 damage at level 4. He isn't very useful until you have the items and the dragon forms.

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
Probably the stupidest match you could ever have is a Stealth Assassin V a Nerubian Weaver.
The whole game was just: Blink attack -- damaging sukuchi -- SA turns invisible and runs away -- Blink attack -- damaging sukuchi, etc.
It took me a while to figure out the obvious... buy sentry wards!!!!
Shut up, I'm not smart to enough to realise that my Nerubian Weaver had that watchers ability. And I was even stupider to realise I coulda bought gem of true sight.
What a waste of game...