Fave Dota hero

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
morbidgolem said:
Burize?! For an agility?!
I once got a divine rapier for my Soul Keeper... the best it could do was kill a creep in 2 shots... It wasn't a good choice...
On the other hand... A leviathan with just a burize and heart of tarrasque (I think he was level 20?) and he could easily kill ganging creeps after like 2 shots.
My advice? It's not worth getting strength for agility. To prove this is what I told you about Soul Keeper and if the that's what the best strength item can do for an agility... it's not worth even getting a burize.

SIGH!
getting buriz with agility is awesome. because agility heroes have a faster attack speed since agil increases attack speed. thus they cant hit faster. getting items like buriz or mkb is a usual no brainer. unless your a caster/attack hero like luna or venomancer, since they can both get aghanims sceptor, then its up to you!

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Buriz is good for the damage when you need it most. For some reason, I find it better than the butterfly at times, although the butterfly does give you 25 agility.

This conversation has gone 9 pages, nice job peoplez. ;)

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
No no no.
Why get a burize when you can get divine rapier?
And if a soul keeper with a devine rapier -- which is the strongest item in the game (in terms of damage) -- only lets him kill a creep in 2 hits, then think of how much worse a buriza -- which does even less damage -- will get you!

And with goblin techies... well... if that's the only scenario you can think of... then I still say Silencer's ultimate sucks... Don't get me wrong, Silence is handy... but it's gay coz I was Silencer against the broodmother and I silence it and it used mask of madness and killed me. It's gay how Silencer's ultimate only silences spells when doom also silences items too.
Another reason why Silencer's ultimate sucks.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Rapier is more expensive. Critical is real useful on some heroes. Rapier drops on death.

Silence is amazing in in group pushes. Granted for an ultimate it could last longer. Drow and Krob's silence is AOE and lasts longer. Silencer's per strike one only hits one and really doesn't last too long.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Thats also because its used to break channels or keep people from casting thier spells against you. That is why it doesn't last long!

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Haven't played DoTA in awhile, but I'd have to say at the time it would be the Panda, cuz he just rocks. I always play Random though, so I don't really care what hero I get, unless it's Pudge.

-Frank :cool:

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
morbidgolem said:
Yeh, I said strength but I obviously meant damage. It's easy to get mixed up between the 2 words. And against a horde of 5 ganging creeps, Soul Keeper does not farm well even with a divine rapier!
it hurt my eyes to read such a blasphemy about DOTA heroes' god, TB :usad
terrorblade is completely insane at anything you may think: attacks insanely fast, has high mana, and his decent HP is compensated with a ultimate to change "life" and with mirror images to confuse the enemy. He works great as a pusher, as a permastunner (get him basher and hyper to see), as a farmer, as a melee hero, as a ranged hero, as a big fat ass ownerer in general....
a well player TB means GG in almost every game; though it's very hard to start the game with him, his late game is the strongest :p

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm pretty sure TB has the fastest base move speed and attack speed, too.

Any hero is good at perma stun with cbash(s) and a hyper stone, pretty much.. He really doesn't even need his ulti. I mean sure it's awesome and amazing, but images are probably the best thing ever.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That was why Slardar was invented. CB + Bash + War Stomp + high attack speed = Permastun. He is also strength so he will be difficult to kill off.

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
Of course TB is ownage. I never said he sucks I just said he doesn't farm well on his own... Even with a divine rapier!!

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
He farms great with Images and/or imaged metamorphed TB.

He's not a supreme farmer like Razor, but he's pretty good.

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
in the newer versions like i saw 6.07 or something like that are there any new heros?

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score

Enigma, Phantom Lancer, Earthshaker, Enchantress, Quillboar, Axe, Spiritbreaker, Nerub weaver, and Nevermore. I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Aside new heroes there are alot of new items, new skills on old heroes, and character face-lifts.

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
yeah i like them redoing the old heros my only problem is they have never redid the Maiden or zues the lamest heros

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
I however hate Vengeful Spirit's new change from the great disentangle to this new terror crap.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
icedragon said:
Maiden or zues the lamest heros
I see Rylai a lot, but I do not see Zeus anymore in 6.00 these days.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Icedragon said:
yeah i like them redoing the old heros my only problem is they have never redid the Maiden or zues the lamest heros

redoing maiden would be a nightmare. she would be THE most cheap heroes. her ultimate, freezing field, used to affect buildings as well, just like exorcism of the death prophet. she would be in every game, and almost always win if they changed her back to the old way.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Or how bout 6.00 Tiny? Toss could work anywhere with still no assumption you will throw the correct target. You could toss people into unreachable areas then its gg from avalanche and ranged heroes. Hell, you could toss Roshan into the Scoruge base and let him destroy everything in its path.

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
Allright, allright...
I finally got my Tide Hunter strategy straight...

Tide Hunter strategy:
Start off with boots of speed (but that's ok coz in most games with lots of people your not gonna start off with enough money to buy anything better anyway) and then you first get his gush attack to hurt other heroes (note: getting gush first is purely my opinion and all his attacks are good) You then get his 3rd ability and Gush until you get to level 5 in which you get his 2nd ability before everyone get their ultimates the next level.
After getting your ultimate you would wanna finish getting Gush and the 3rd ability and then the 2nd ability again.
Once you have enough money you should buy a Heart of Tarrasque followed by a Buriza. Buriza is crucial to Tide Hunter because it stacks (in a way) with his 3rd ability.
Keep growing until you get to level 20 (maybe less) and then you can get boots of tread finally and anything else you want.
This is when the fun part starts.
Now you can defeat a horde of creeps in a few hits. Just tank the whole way through and don't let those annoying towers tell ya what to do. That's right. A level 20 Tide Hunter can fight a tower one-on-one and defeat it with good health to spare. Although his 2nd ability doesn't protect him from ranged attacks, the Tide Hunter is still a massive tank.
P.S. It wouldn't hurt to get more mana later in the game because he can only use his ultimate every once in a while as he would usually run out of mana before he can use it often.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
MoM/Treads if you want to get easy kills with Levi. Get heart/Satanic/Burize/Basher after that.

Terror is not new. It has been around for 9234903 years. Disentangle was on her for maybe two versions.