Cube RPG

MC90

Member!
Reaction score
Leon gazes up into his next room. He is tired and falls to sleep. In his dream he has a dream of Zombies and the Larvae that was once in him. Wakes up. Time to move on, moves into the next room on his right.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Vergil turns to Naraku, studying him, judging him. He looks competent, although appears to be fully human.

"So, do you have any advice on getting out of this place?"

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Naraku's eyes moved to meet Vergil's. "My name is Naraku, and yours? I seek an immediate exit from this hollow mesh of empty rooms. My thought is to continue in one direction until reaching the edge." Naraku had already concluded that this half-demon knew as little as he did of the situation, considering the question he had just been presented with. He waited for a response.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
If it hadn't been for his spare dagger, which accidentally slipped out of his pokets, he would've been well-cooked meat. Just as he was about to enter the next room, he had dropped his dagger, which boucned its way into the middle of the room, and all the sudden, the door closed, and he could hear hiss of flames, dancing all over the room, burning everything in its path. After a few moment, the door opened silently, and he could feel the heat in the room, almost unbearable, and the smoke coming out from it. He let the room cool down, then swiftly picked up his dagger,which was literally boiling, and opened the hatch below him.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
((Just for future reference, traps aren't a one-time use. You throw something in that triggers a trap, it doesn't disarm the trap. When you go in, it'll have already reset itself and be triggered by you too. Throwing items in doesn't make a room safe, it just lets you know it's trapped. Also, some triggers aren't set off by items, such as heat sensors, organic tissue detectors, etc.))

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
((Okay, okay. ::smacks self and raises hand:: Also forgot about the RPR. Anywho, I haven't the time, energy, or drive to read the preceding posts. Sorry, I don't mean to insult the obvious work some of the posts must have taken. I'll RP my trap, then leap into whatever room the majority of the group is in.))

Reiko heard a slight click. A second later, a huge spike exploded from the wall on his right. He leapt backwards just in time to avoid being skewered. Then, the room echoed with the same metallic sound. Two spikes crossed in front of him with enough speed to send his hair flying back. The were mere inches apart. I can't just wait for them to stop. I must get to a door now! Looking before him, he decided it would be safest to continue to the opposite side of the room. Placing his feet on the spikes in front of him, he kicked off, only to land on the wall a few feet behind him. It was as if time was moving slower. Spikes to his right and left slid from their hidden recesses, rocketing towards him. He pushed off the wall, narrowly avoiding the blades. He slapped the flat of his sword off of the two spikes he had kicked off of, sending himself into a backflip. Spikes continued to erupt form the walls, hissing through the air, passing mere centimeters from Reiko. The floor fast approaching, he pulled out of his backflip, finding himself facing the way he had come. Two more spikes came at him fast, level with his head. Using the momentum of his fall, he performed another backflip, springing off of his hands and continuing to the wall. Spikes were impaling the air all around him, barely missing him. Near the far wall, and his goal, the door upon it, a spike clipped his shoulder, throwing him off balance. It caused him to misjudge the distance between his hands and the bottom of the wall. When he thrust himself backwards, his feet came in contact with the wall. Improvising, and not liking how his plan was ruined, he pushed off the wall, aiming for a lone spike jutting out of the wall. Grabbing it, he spun around it, launching himself at the door. The spikes were closing in. He was having trouble with the door. It finally opened. He slid through with just enough time to avoid the last of the blades. Almost. As he went through the door, the last spike clipped his left arm. The armor was enough to prevent any serious damage from such a glancing blow, but the entire arm went numb, with possibly a broken bone or two. He fell, sprawling on the floor of a blue room. Feeling the prescence of others near by, he pulled himself to his feet and readied himself for combat, his left arm dangling useless. Before him stood Vergil and Naraku. "...who are you...and what is this place?..." he said, almost silently, maintaining his defensive stance.

((Okay, I'm back in the game. By the way, J'kar, nice Werepyre avatar. AQ is a good source for picture material, isn't it? Anywho, Reiko can't really talk, but for the purposes of this thread, he'll talk, albeit in a whispery, undead-ish voice.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Thanks! I like the avvy, too. And it's good to have you back!))

Vergil looked at the newcomer with distrust. He stunk of death and decay. His flesh practically screamed "demon." As of yet, he appears to mean no harm, but Vergil would keep his eye on him.

He shrugged and stood, throwing his shoulders back and adjusting his collar. "I am Vergil, son of Sparda. I found myself here after stepping into the demon world to do battle with the Prince of Darkness. I at first thought it a test before I could fight him, but your presence eliminates that possibility."

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Naraku glanced up. "I would think 'up' would be the most ideal direction to continue in, seeing as we may be underground. Thoughts?"

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
-Azrael666- said:
((Just for future reference, traps aren't a one-time use. You throw something in that triggers a trap, it doesn't disarm the trap. When you go in, it'll have already reset itself and be triggered by you too. Throwing items in doesn't make a room safe, it just lets you know it's trapped. Also, some triggers aren't set off by items, such as heat sensors, organic tissue detectors, etc.))
((oops :p I just realized that in Cube two.. they throw in their shoes, then went back inside... my bad))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Vergil shrugged again. "If you think that would be a wise course of action, be my guest. I for one planned on getting to the bottom of this...prison. Even if we are underground, we can go back up. I prefer, however, to see if this thing has a floor."

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Naraku stood calm and motionless. "After you."

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
Two demons. Should I purify this place of their stench? No, they do not have the same foul reek as the ones I normally slay. I will follow them for now. Reiko stood. "...i will follow you...we stand a better chance of surviving together...lead on, son of Sparda..."

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Shivan jumped down swiftly, just like bird landing on a ground, almost weightless.

Then he noticed weriod symbols on the wall, What did it read? he thought.((numbers, he can't read them, only elven runes))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Shivan's room will be safe. As for us...))

Vergil stepped toward the next bottom hatch, and upon reaching it, turned to face the others. "Due to my durability, I shall test the rooms. I doubt that anything this place can throw at me can kill me, and it will alert you to whether or not you can pass."

Without waiting for a response, he opened the hatch and stepped off the floor, falling into the new room, a red one. He landed on the ground effortlessly in a crouch, and stood up slowly. As he straightened up, his senses detected an almost inaudible click, and the room came alive.

Arrows shot from hundreds of places in the walls towards him, in a flurry of sleek shafts and sharp points. Vergil's katana flashed as he moved at blinding speeds, spinning about deflecting arrows with his blade in a mesmerizing dance of speed and skill. If he could do it with bullets from his brother's guns, he could do it with these pesky arrows. A few arrows didn't even come close to him, and they slid into openings in the walls opposite their origins. He missed one and it hit his leg with such force that it went clean through to enter its destined slot.

Before long, many of the arrows had returned to the walls, and hundreds of them lay uselessly on the floor where they had landed after meeting Vergil's blade. Vergil spun into a crouching stance, his blade sliding into its scabbard in front of him. As he clicked it shut all the way, the walls came back to life, the arrows he missed cycled through and shooting back at him.

Again he danced, this time making sure to get every last arrow. This room didn't have an infinite supply, so in time each of the arrows the room had to offer had met his blade and lay on the floor, of no further threat. Vergil sheathed his katana behind his back, and called up to the others.

"It's okay now. The trap has been...nullified."

MC90

Member!
Reaction score
*Sorry guys for my long absence, been busy over the summer. Part-time jobs studying for the College Exams. Teenager stuff. Ill try to catch up with you guys are ok with it.*