Cube RPG

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Shivan came to concious, noticing Vergil, and came to alert. He immediately pulled out his dual blades. But he noticed no hostility from Vergil, so he asked "Where am I?" Only to see Vergil shrug.

He then leapt to the door on his right, and slowly opened it, just incase of any traps.

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Naraku casually walked toward the hatch on the opposite side of the room. As he stepped into the center of the floor, he heard a sharp click. A razorwire cage sprung down from the ceiling in front of him, and with a quick glint of metal, was fully extended, the thin wires instantly slicing through anything in their way. Naraku, now standing only a few feet from the hatch he was walking toward, casually glanced over his shoulder at the trap and then continued toward the hatch.

As he entered the hatch into an orange room, the trap from the previous room quickly retracted back into the ceiling with another loud click. He began walking toward the hatch on the opposite side of the room.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Vergil weighed his options. He had always been a loner, except for the brief period he had allied himself with that bastard Arkham. It would be the most sensible choice to go his own way, and leave this elven creature to his own devices, but something nagged at him. Standing passively to the eye, he fought inwardly over what to do as Shivan opened the hatch.

He came to a decision. He would accompany this Nightelf in the trek through this giant labyrinth, more for the safety of the other than for himself. This place seemed to be rigged to the core, and his hightened senses and nigh-indestructibility would be invaluable to the elf, who seemed to be of a much weaker breed.

He walked over and pushed Shivan out of the way, climbing up to the hatch. Shivan stumbled back, drawing his weapons in protest and aiming a retalitory strike at Vergil's back. Vergil's katana flashed almost faster than the human eye can see and deflected the blade. Vergil sheathed his katana behind his back and continued into the hatch.

Landing in the next room, Vergil walked to the center, his mind absently boiling at the audacity of the elf. He was so distracted that he didn't even notice the next trap.

From numerous ports that slid open silently in all the walls of the new, red room, there blasted forth harpoonlike wires tipped with tiny barbs. The wires plunged through Vergil from all sides, going all the way through and landing themselves in small holes opposite their originating hole. His body jerked as wire after wire rocketed through him, until about a hundred tiny wires held his limp body in place in the center of the room.

Shivan looked on in horror from the hatch, disgusted and appalled at the short-levity of their "alliance." His eyes widened even more as Vergil's body began to glow with blue energy.

The energy intensified until it exploded outward, radiating heat that seared Shivan's face like a hot summer wind. He closed his eyes against the heat, and when he opened them, Vergil had changed.

Hanging in the wires was a strange demon. Vergil's trench coat seemed to have become part of him, scaly and fluid. His body continued to radiate energy, but to a much lesser extent. Vergil opened his eyes and growled. He yanked his outstretched arms slowly, one after the other, back to himself, ripping the wires from the walls. He pulled forward, ripping the wires through his legs and torso from the walls as well. Once he was no longer attached to the room, he tore the wires from his body and flung them away. The wounds closed themselves and he looked at the awestruck Shivan. In a sinister, rasping version of his normal voice he said,

"Is that all they've got?"

The energy pulled back into his body, and he changed back to human form, completely unscathed. He ran his hand through his hair and picked up his katana from where it had fallen. "You can come in now. The trap is gone."

((Sorry, N_. I took over your character a little, so I could appropriately introduce Vergil's Devil Trigger. It was kind of necessary, and I figured you'd be mature and not mind.))

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
((And of course you don't say anything about my new room :p))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((oops...well you just came from a trap. Rarely will I have two rooms back to back be trapped. This was a special occasion, so I could introduce the DT. But yeah, the room is safe. Perhaps you should meet up with us soon. Maybe you can stumble in on us as we exit the room we're in...?))

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
((Enter the room I'm entering then.))

Naraku began to walk toward the opposite hatch, but halfway across the room turned to look at the hatch to his left. He changed his direction and walked toward it, then went through the hatch to enter a white room.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
As Naraku slid to the floor in the new white room, the top hatch began to click open. From it, Vergil jumped down the 14 feet and landed on one knee. He yelled up to Shivan mockingly.

"Don't be afraid. I'll catch you."

A foul word issued from the hatch above them, and Shivan dropped down beside Vergil, impacting a little harder, but nevertheless unhurt. Vergil made a mental note not to judge this elf by his cover.

Vergil turned to Naraku. "Another one, huh?"

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Shivan paid no attention to new comer, rather he scanned around the room to see any traps, waiting to ambush the 'party'. However, only thing he'd noticed was that every rooms they go into, it was all the same, but with different colour.
He then thought, maybe the traps activated by hearing foot steps or the weight of the object entering the room, which were the factors that his Stealth skill would eliminate for him.

Without turning to others in the room, "Maybe... I should lead this.. 'party' of ours when we enter a new room.."

((so much events while I was sleeping :( and no problem J'kar. Ive just made it so that this room doesnt have a trap so far, maybe it can come out like... few moments later, or just have none at all. And... I forgot what I was going to say :())

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Not every room is trapped, so...tis fine. This one isn't.))

Vergil smirked. Did this elf not see the shishkabobing he got? The elf looks durable, but Vergil doubted he could walk away from something like that. No.

He stepped forward. "Actually, I think I should be the one testing the rooms. I can surely survive much of what would kill you all."

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Naraku's calm, expressionless face remained unchanged. "Do you have have any knowledge pertaining to this labrynth, such as how one would exit?" His question seemed directed at no one in particular.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ignoring Naraku's question, he said to Vergil "You know, I don't have to tag along with you. Ive always been independent afterall."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Vergil smirked. "Fine. Feel free to go wherever you wish. If you think you can survive these traps, I wish you well." He walked over to a hatch they hadn't been through yet and opened it, then stood to the side and held out his hand in invitation to go through. "Be my guest. But as for me, I plan to get out of this pointless waste of my time. I have a Devil to fight."

With that, Vergil walked to the center of the room, to the hatch in the floor. He opened it, and stood beside it. "If you want to follow, fine. I won't stop you. But I won't wait for you either." He took a step and vanished through the hatch.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Feeling absolutely disgusted, Shivan opened a hatch in the other side of the room, without a word, or looking back, he went in.

((so erm... do I make up the traps or..? And I guess they can meet up again in the end, has all of you seen Cube 1~3? Ive only seen 2~3 so....))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Well, I meant for you to follow, I was just having Vergil stay true to character. But no, I make up the traps and tell you if the room you enter is safe or not, and if not what kind of traps are involved. You can then post the trap-evasion sequence. I may be a little slow to detail your next room, but...bear with me. :D))

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
J'kar the Dark said:
((Well, I meant for you to follow, I was just having Vergil stay true to character. But no, I make up the traps and tell you if the room you enter is safe or not, and if not what kind of traps are involved. You can then post the trap-evasion sequence. I may be a little slow to detail your next room, but...bear with me. :D))
((heh no problem, I just wanted this to happen, because of Shivan's independent characteristics, it won't be long though.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Okay. I know! The room you are in now will be trapped, something you narrowly avoid and causes you to realize that having a durable half-demon may be to your advantage. I'm not feeling creative. You make up the trap. You know what kind of stuff. Just take it easy on the "far out factor." I'm trying to avoid the whacky quantum whatever stuff from Cube 2: Hypercube.))

MC90

Member!
Reaction score
Leon stares down into the new room, and looks back at the previous one.
What the H*ll. Leon looks down, to make sure there arnt any blades trying to kill shoot him. Once he land on the floor, he stares at strange markings on the doors. Some kind of mathematical equation. " I was never good at this stuff". At that moment, Leon has a flashback to the underground train at Racoon City, where he had to kill the mutated Birkins, and run away with Clair. Does Umbrella have anything to do with me being here? He walks to the Door in front of him, waiting for what danger awaited him.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Yeah, there are numbers by each hatch. Az knows more about it than I. Oh, and Leon is safe for now. No traps at the moment.))

Vergil got up from his knee after dropping through the hatch above, the room where Shivan and Naraku were, and looked about. This green room didn't appear to be trapped, but one can never know. After cautiously walking around the room to try and trigger any traps that may be in place and finding none, he returned to the center and opened up the bottom hatch. Peering through he saw a blue room, reminding him of his own trench coat. Squatting on the side of the hatch, he reflected upon what had been happening and what it could mean. The presence of others here ruled out it being a test by the Prince of Darkness. Vergil was rather disappointed, and hoped that once he got out of this stupid box that the journey to fight the Devil wouldn't take too long. He was growing impatient.

The internal emotion that bubbled through him started to manifest in pre-Devil Trigger energy forming around his clenched fist, and he suppressed it. He needed large amounts of energy to stay in Devil Trigger, and he couldn't afford to waste his power, even if it was massive.

He raised his hand to his chest and toyed with his mother's amulet, wondering yet again what the woman was like. He pushed the nostalgic thoughts from his mind and shook his head. This was no time for silly day-dreaming. He stood up with resolve and dropped through the hatch.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Naraku walked forward to the center of the room and opened the hatch in the floor. Looking down, he saw the other half-demon enter the hatch in the floor of the room beneath this one. Stepping into air, Naraku dropped down the open hatch, and through the open hatch in the floor of the next room, falling about 30 feet to land gracefully on his feet beside Vergil.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
((¬_¬ I would have prefered you didn't give me such an unneeded hint. Also, if any future traps are activated by a pressure plate, I'd remind you Ignus floats.))

Ignus hovered around the room, slowly revolving as his eyes drew upwards, flames leaping from them as he reveled in the blazing appearance of the room. As he neared the center of the room a section of the wall slowly opened and a spray nozzle of sorts came forth, pausing for a moment before unleashing a spray of liquid acid. Ignus was completely unaware, but the loud hissing produced as the substance crossed the room and began to heat up, even evaporate in midair cought his attention. The stream of acid had produced and acidic cloud that was slowly spreading from where the stream had been. Flames erupted around the cloud as what seemed to be a fireball turned inside out surrounded it, consuming the oxygen within, but not letting any more enter, trapping the gas within a bubble he could make use of later.

Ignus glared at the nozzle from which the acid had been sprayed, and unleashed a volley of fireballs at it in his anger, "Ignusssss issss of flamessss! Not acccccid!" Whether it reacted or not, his insanity wouldn't allow him to further inspect it as he began cackling like a madman and spinning in the center of the room, creating a small whirlwind of flames around him as he moved upwards the the door above, aiming to pass through in a similar fashion as before, leaving behind burned skin and ashes.

((Too lazy/tired to think of a color for the next room))