• Goliath

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Tank

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
i did this with zerg and i want to know with terran. What is the Best? I believe that the ghost is extremely good. Think about it. They launch Nukes, the only weapon that make terran realy good. cloak and lock down is deadly against protoss and other terran mechanical units. and are good in bunkers behind marines cause of the range.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Well, if you wanna get technical about it, the SCV is the best, cause without the SCV, ghosts couldn't be created :) But I won't get technical. The tank is the best IMO. Without the tank, terrans would be nothing. Tank is one of the best weapons in the game and nothing like it compares to it... the only thing remotely close to it is the reaver..... or the guardian (for air)... but the tank shoots faster and does more damage and has good splash, plus moves alot faster than a reaver. Ghost is good, but ghosts suck against heavy armored units (I once saw an ultra take down like 15 ghosts by himself)... nuke is ok, but who uses it? Rarely anyone... anyways, my vote goes to Tank!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
good choice. i like the tank ghost and battlecruiser with science vessel. but that gets complictated to include em all. ghost lock down tanks which is annoying. and cloak can let ghosts get past as many tanks as long as there aint any turrets or science vessel. the only thing is tanks cant hit air. so thats why i like ghosts. but i like all of the ground units.

Johnny_Rip

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i would have to go with bats. they are fast cheap nice splash. good for rushing. even though most players any more don't rush. well atleast from what i have seen. so i dont play that much melee any more. it been piss'n me off.
peace

firebat451

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I would say firebats for obvious reasons but they really arn't that good. Except for rushing. Tanks just kick ass. Upgraded they do 85 damage. And with the range they have it is unmatched.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
tanks have so many weaknesses. lock down and everysingle air unit(of those that can attack). i would agree if u combined tanks with goliaths but still, even defiler big cloudthingy and the toss disruption web not to mention cloaked dt and lurkers. all these things i have used on some idiot trying to tank rush me or drop em in my base.

sexynatzi

Member!
Reaction score
tanks are week. they attack a littel slow and do lots damage and good range but they suck like 6-7 zerglings could take 1 tank and 3-4 zealots can take 1. and tanks dont get air. ghosts and goliaths are way better. goliaths are realy strong !!!!! and ghosts are nice for range and can be invisible. firebats are good for zerg, they cant get air tho

Xel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i prefer ghost nuking cloaking and they are pretty strong but if thers a few detectors around and a tank goliath or max upgraded firebat could kill about 8-12 ghost easly.

tanks are good and all but if u seige em 1 zealot can kill it unless the tank has back up

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by SkuZZy
Well, if you wanna get technical about it, the SCV is the best, cause without the SCV, ghosts couldn't be created :) But I won't get technical.
Then I will.

Since SCV is on the list, I pick it, since (as Skuzzy said) you can't build any other units without it. This is a total no-brainer.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
SCV are pretty good considering they can repair themselves, and build. they good to combine with a group of bc or mechanical units. especialy against zerg, if they use plague then i repair fast

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
They can also be healed by Medics and other SCVs. Nifty.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Oh yqa i forgot medics heal them. i dont think blizzard ment to be healed by both. just a thought

Evilchi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Are you guys minds? Come on! Most of the units you guys picked are specialty units: the Marine is the best one! Air/ground, in-field chemical delivery system, C-14 with fast firing rate...I once beat this guy's tank rush with a Dropship full of Marines...

PS: Hey pantheman, if the Zerg plague your BC's then just utilize the Medics' restore ability. Apparently nanosurgery applies to machines, too.

-Evilchi

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
well i like the tanks but goliths do got an advantage that they can shoot at air and they have a good rate of fire

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Evilchi
Hey pantheman, if the Zerg plague your BC's then just utilize the Medics' restore ability.
Bring a group of Zerglings with the Defiler. Have it feed off the Zerglings and continue to Plague the BCs. Either the Medics will run out of energy, or the Defiler will run out of Zerglings.

Originally posted by Xel
no medics dont heal machins only humans
No shit Sherlock, but SCVs are lucky and are considered mechanical and not.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Even with dark swarm, plague and consume, the ghost beats the defiler with the nuke, the nuke is one of the greatest wepons terran has, next to yamato Cannon and EMP shockwave.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Nukes are good, but it's a waste of money if they Ghost is spotted. :(