Aren't tanks the greatest?

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
I ****ing love these things :heart. They are quite possiably the best unit. Add some valks+gols amd you got a nice combo. Discuss :rainfro.

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
mass guardians with hydralisks at their side

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Tanks are quite possibly the 'gayest' unit in the game. But, yeah, they rock.

BTW, Renzo, that's what vults/turrets are for when they push.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
how exaclty are tanks gay? i mean they have a decent balance of weakness and strengths- whats so bad about them except they have no anit-air whatsoever.
why cant they aim the cannon a bit into the air and hit a muta? or a Carrier or a BC- how hard should they be to hit?
when a tank enter seige mode is it me, or does it look like the tank props itself up when it extends the legs on the side to aim the cannon higher so that it can shoot further? can it at least hit a goddamn carrier?

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pains Requiem said:
how exaclty are tanks gay?
Because they encourage things that should be punished like turtling. Cheap in cost and supply. Ability to hit islands across the goddamn map. Need I go on?

Jiggy

IT'S A GOAT!
Reaction score
No match for my rocket buggys.

I like tanks but zealots pwn them.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
They pwn them but the cost of zealots dead vs tanks dead. Terran still wins.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The cost of zealots(100 minerals) is less than tanks(150 mins/100 vespene). speedlots >> pure tanks.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
I honstly think that vultures, spider mines, and turrets are much cheaper than siege tanks, considering the fact that zealots are only used to get rid of mines and attract tank's attention. (more like kamikaze than atk)

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
if it's pure tanks. duh zealots own. But if support troops. The protoss will be at big loss.

Don't you guys remember blue goons?

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Then why, in your last post, did you say tanks > zealots?(if you're agreeing with me now) Obviously, zeals will lose when tanks are supported. There's always zealot bombing. And flanking at which case T will be at a huge loss.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Siege tanks tick me off sometimes, especially when a player puts them somewhere like on a hard-to-reach ledge on Lost Temple or something like that. They aren't hard to counter, though; just blind them with Disruption Web and take them out with air or smite them with Broodlings as Zerg. Tanks can be scary, but they're always counterable.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
kinda intresting how whoever created the tank didn't bother to put a machine gun on top...

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
i love tanks.. brooding them is so much fun :D

CruelJustice

Member!
Reaction score
Use the "Metal" tactic for the terrans. Find a choke in the map, build 2 racks, 1 factory, 4 bunkers, 16 marines, 12+tanks, and a crapload of turrets and you got yourself a sweet setup. Put the bunkers with the turrets in the front of the choke, and line up a few tanks in the back. Spread the tanks out far enough to reach the other side, and string out yout turrets to stall any air units.

Protect the factories very well but don't crowd them. While your enemy is busy knawing at the end of the choke, build a bunch of crap while your guys wipe out each wave. Its usually best to back up the tanks with air units. Guardians are your worst nightmare but they cannot attack wraiths. You can counter the overlords with the turrets.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
CruelJustice said:
Use the "Metal" tactic for the terrans. Find a choke in the map, build 2 racks, 1 factory, 4 bunkers, 16 marines, 12+tanks, and a crapload of turrets and you got yourself a sweet setup. Put the bunkers with the turrets in the front of the choke, and line up a few tanks in the back. Spread the tanks out far enough to reach the other side, and string out yout turrets to stall any air units.

Protect the factories very well but don't crowd them. While your enemy is busy knawing at the end of the choke, build a bunch of crap while your guys wipe out each wave. Its usually best to back up the tanks with air units. Guardians are your worst nightmare but they cannot attack wraiths. You can counter the overlords with the turrets.

And while the enemy is busy knawing at the choke. You drop some units in their base and vwalah.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Snagg said:
And while the enemy is busy knawing at the choke. You drop some units in their base and vwalah.
It's spelt voila :p

Tanks are quite good against mass units, but someone who specializes in not massing and grabs a few good units (specially corsairs with disruption web) will poon the tanks.