Aren't tanks the greatest?

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ah, too bad. THE GATE begins tommorow. I can't wait to see Iloveoov (I think he's #1 but aka's confuse me) stomp number 96. Wouldn't it be wild if he lost?

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Guardians are my favorite air unit by far
Omg, what about the ultimate hottness of the Scourge? That's my favorite air, although not my most frequently used. Makes short work of cocky Terrans and Protoss who mass BCs and Carriers thinking they are somehow unstoppable :p A few fleets of scouts, wraiths, corsairs, or valkyries is a lot harder to bring down than a fleet of BCs/Carriers. I like Mutas for the fact they are very tactical.. if you need anti-ground soon, you just mutate. If you need anti-air, same deal :p Guardians are definitely the most dangerous Zerg air in regards to ground units though.. but that's just a given.

minny

6 years and going strong!
Reaction score
Scourge is easy to take out if you have a hand and a brain that works fast enough.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I like Wraiths better then Mutalisks, though. This goes for base tier air units. Although Scouts have the most damage, who in the hell masses Scouts? :p No one I know, that's for damn sure. A good fleet of wriahts can take an enemy by suprise if he does not scout ahead and make sure of things, I think. I rememebr Tuna killing me with Wraiths because I forgot to actually use a overlord for detector status. Also, cloaked wraihs are good for sneak attacks, from my experience.

Scourge are okay. To me, they are a fast moving scout, moreso then a Capital Ship Killer. They are both, but generally I use them to scout about rather then nuke some nub masser.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
There are some replays in BF where I always had a group of scouts. Together with patroling observers well placed, I frustrated many a drop people tryed on me :D

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
That's understandable. but would you go and mass them? Tronga isn;t the massing type, so i don't know why I even asked that question. :( They do wonderous air damage, though. Like 32 when they are fully upgraded. Makes Wraiths and Mutalisks look pretty bad, although they cost like triple, or somewhere close to triple.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TrongaMonga said:
There are some replays in BF where I always had a group of scouts. Together with patroling observers well placed, I frustrated many a drop people tryed on me :D
That is not a good way to defend drops :)

Nicholas The Slide

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
corsairs are good, but only until you run out of energy >.< thats a downside of SC it takes so long to get energy back.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Blizzforums said:
That is not a good way to defend drops :)
It is in Vanilla :p

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Nicholas The Slide said:
corsairs are good, but only until you run out of energy >.< thats a downside of SC it takes so long to get energy back.
Eh. They can still harrass overlords if the Z player bunches them up in a huge group like an idiot. Or if he tosses them on a seperate area on the map where he does not expect you to venture off to and discover. i have seen it happen, and it is pretty funny. Even if my overlords were toasted.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Blizzforums said:
Awesome man. Back then they were a legit. counter for reaver drops.
Oh, sorry, I meant defending the drop before they dropped :p

That's why I said I would have patrolling observers. I'd detect the drop, then with my speedscouts I'd blow them to oblivion.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I have always found corsairs to be highly effective against close to all kinds of air. They attack fast and they have that electric cloud (forgot the name) to hold off base defenses while they go in and take out the air units. Who said scourge sucked? Mass a group of scourge which are quick and easy to pump out and take out whatever mass air they have. As for massing wraiths....the problem with wraiths is that they have very low health...but they are awesome to harass expands and too bug people. Again most units in starcraft server their purpose.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lizardbreath said:
I have always found corsairs to be highly effective against close to all kinds of air. They attack fast and they have that electric cloud (forgot the name) to hold off base defenses while they go in and take out the air units. Who said scourge sucked? Mass a group of scourge which are quick and easy to pump out and take out whatever mass air they have. As for massing wraiths....the problem with wraiths is that they have very low health...but they are awesome to harass expands and too bug people. Again most units in starcraft server their purpose.
Corsairs are the counter to muta, sometimes guardian, and wraith. Against other air, especially high armor capital ships, they are a bad idea.