• Total voters

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by coRtALoS
Are you threatening me?!?!
Yes, for the reason that you didn't give me enough love.

I like the purple. It matches the brown (not to mention the fact that it makes you look like Barney and TinkyWinky combined). :)

--Edit--
I can still see a bit of the woody bits that didn't meld in properly with the bars in the frame work. You might want to look into readjusting the zerg veins with a little nudge.

- Amantis

Crookedfoot

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
How about a repeating background of scales in the purple area?

UUUUUUUU
.UUUUUUU
UUUUUUUU

All it would take is one small .gif and the right code, Summit showed me once that it can be done, but I didn't get the code. :(

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Whaaaa Wing had to wait for a long time :(

Crookedfoot

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
If you want to try it, I stuck two in the zerg folder, if the color shift I did isn't purple enough, that can be changed.
The smaller one stacks a little better than the larger one.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
The only problem is with this template, you see the border that seems to be going around the posts? Between the border and the purple-ness? Yeah, that's not removable really... kinda like with the avatars. :(

I'll try adding those scales, if that doesn't work out well, I'll darken the purple some more.

--EDIT--

I'll also be editing my first post so everyone will read this immediately, but I've made this skin user selectable now, which means you're free to ditch the default or SCGhost now :)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Purple? Christ...

Now it looks the shit of a drunk man :)

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
Instead of purple use C1C1C1.... much better color (grey)

Sicloan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
the purple background looks like shit. and there's a color table problem on thr right side of all the posts. other than that, not bad. banner needs work :D

make the background of the post, instead of purple, the same color as the background of the page. that will make it look TONS BETTER!, adn leave the text boxes the way they are.

Sicloan

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
Originally posted by Crookedfoot
How about a repeating background of scales in the purple area?

UUUUUUUU
.UUUUUUU
UUUUUUUU

All it would take is one small .gif and the right code, Summit showed me once that it can be done, but I didn't get the code. :(
... and your admin??? :D

<td background="images/wahtever.gif">
BLAH BLAH</td>

the background will be tiled with the image. if the size is small = more tiles. duh!

bigger the cell = more tiles also.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
You just double posted.

The purple thing is temporary.

Not everyone is an HTML nerd.

MacMan

Reaction score
Right now this is starting to look like a little thing we in the biz call a, "Piece of Shit." :)
I've attached and image of what it looks like on my end. To be honest, you are thinking WAY too hard about this. Try a version where the box around the post remains grayed, but give it a hint of brown. Ditch the purple and just make that black, but keep the brown background behind all the posts. Then just fix up your gifs so they blend the brown bg to black, and then have black on the other side to match up with the interior of the post. Meh. Do you kinda see what I'm sayin?

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Very odd, I don't see that shitty grey next to my image in my sig... some compatability problems there... What's your internet browser?

Hmm... well considering how shitty that looks in that screenshot, I'll have to revamp a lot. This is using an entirely different template than what I used for SCGhost.... did similar problems ever arise with that that everyone just failed to inform me of?

Anyway, I'll be editing the images so it'll use the same HTML template as SC Ghost so all these problems will just go away. :)

Everyone else can suck a big fat hairy shitty skin stick!

--EDIT--

Lastly, I prefer to keep them as .gifs to preserve transparency. That way if the backgrouns is ever toggled with, I won't have to keep going into Photoshop to change the gradients. I will, however, use a gradient from the color it currently is, to transparent. Thanks for the idea Mac. ;)

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i was just about to bitch my heart out about how the left column was bloody grey. but it looks like you changed it, so it doesnt look too bad right now. theres still a buncha screwed up fuglyass spots though.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
your new avatar is the suck, cortalos.

and incredible as it is everytime i log onto this there seems to be less ****-ups on the skin :)

MacMan

Reaction score
I took that shot with IE. A word of warning if I understood your gradiant idea, .gifs don't support alpha transparency, so you can't have them fading to a transparent background. .pngs can, but allot of browsers don't like them.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Thanks for the inpho. I'll see what can be done... just haven't had much time to actually sit down and rest at my computer in almost a week, but I'll screw around with it hopefully soon. I'm also slowly adding the template to more and more pages (ie PMs, Edit threads, polls, etc...)

I'd be happy to add a little "Thank you Macman" into a comment tag, or just put a little "Thank You" section at the bottom of every SC Zerg template page for your help. :)