• Kills my bandwidth/Takes too long to load

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters

Sicloan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
yes it is look MUCH better. but is there a way to change the background behind the avatars? maybe use a .gif that fits the avatar spot together, like the cut out areas of the border? that would be nice. also, text alignment is kind of a problem. although its not that bad. if you look at the date, it overlaps teh border. maybe align the text into the center or top of that table.

edit: i also think the buttons at the top should be remade =/ using javascript to swap images is cool, but it also is a pain for some browsers. maybe use a simple pixel font and make nicer buttons that arent so hard to read!

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Props to Crooked for the animated border images... you should notice them ;)

I can only really remove the background image to the avatars, which leaves it with just that brownish background.

I could possibly try another method, but that would require cutting that avatar border image up into different segments, then having to make a small little template to call them in as table cell backgrounds, and having to edit the backgrounds on the outside of all those cut up images so I could change the bgcolor of that table... long story short, major pain in the ass. :(

Maybe when I'm bored some day, not right now... all the details are kinda pissin me off lately, and g/f's been killin most of my free time too.

I'll fix the time crap tomorrow too... too late for me to think straight... or gay.

Thanks for your help everyone, lemme know if you want some credit for your assistance, I'll include anyone that requests it, that's given their 2 cents. :)

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I was having my daily staring contest with my computer as I normally do around this time. I just happend to notice that the skin moves. Watch it around the ip logged. It's neat.

But the post buttons should be changed to match the skin.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Finally it has got to be something good :)

Now you only have to make buttons, and get that background I told you ;)

Don't know if you've tried it, and if it looked good or not.

You work when I'm sleeping :p

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I believe that the main banner and some of the buttons can do with a revamp to match the skin. The additions have certainly improved the overall look, though the SC font on top does look a little strange.

The uglier, the better. The blinking eye izt freaky. :)

- Amantis

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I don't think that's an eye and I think I'm winning the contest

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by coRtALoS
The reason I'm not catering to all requests is simply due to the fact that more than one skin is going to be released by me before I leave. This way you'll have so many options, you can pick which you prefer the best.

I mean, don't get me wrong, if you see something that just flat out looks retarded, post it, but please do so here:

http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=53017

That's the main reason I haven't been replying to you guys... I've been doing most of my work in there.

Prodigious and I are currently working on one somewhat out of order... it's not Blizzard-related... for now, however it isn't something I've ever seen before on another forum... hopefully it'll work out as well as I'm anticipating. :)

Sicloan

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
okay, i know i probably shouldnt help but i want to, although i do have lots of other stuff to do :D i will give the banner a go. what are the dimensions and is there any cutting involved?

also: if u need some button sets, i can give those a try also :D i just need some size limits!

~Sicloan

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
You are a gh0d Sic.

Try to keep the buttons under 15pixels high, and around 60pixels wide for the "Email, Edit, and PM" type buttons. For the ones at the top that really blow, dimentions are 65x38px.

The top banner should be about 1024 pixels wide, with some sort of 2-4 pixel-wide background that can repeat if the user's resolution settings are greater than that amount.

Height of the banner can be whatever you want, and I can do the necissary editing to make it fit however it needs to. If you want to have some structure to work with, just try to keep it under or around 200 pixels.

I can take care of the cutting so you don't have to spend all your free time on this though... that's my job. :)

Just include whatever you want in the code of this skin (ie, "Props to Sicloan for his illmatic images", etc) for your help. :)

Biske

Reaction score
I for one like it muyi muyi much. I love the added eye candy like that pulsing viens and the little nubs of flesh flippin around! Does take about 30 seconds to load completely though, bit I have not a really big problem with that.

Sicloan

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
okay well i made a button set for the email, edit, profile and ect... buttons. basically i just desaturated them so they are grey scale because i didnt really have an idea of what to do, can make them any color i just need a color idea for these buttons. i am working on the new thread, and reply buttons now.

click here to dl button set

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Buttons look good... I'll have a chance either late late tonight, or sometime over the next few days to cut em up and put them in the code.

Also waiting for Crooked to update the zerg images. On the ThreadView file, the images just kind of stop and blend into the next... he unfortunately used the old images I had for the original template... working on that.

Thanks so much Sicloan. I'll be adding a link that directs to a page that will thank everyone that's helped out here.

CrookedFoot
Sicloan
ProdigiousLucidOsprey
TrongaMonga
newbie4lyfe
MacMan
Akule
x42bn6
ShaftedTwice
§tar§oft
speedy_claxton
TheNamelessPunk
Kaldaris

Lemme know if I overlooked your name while going through the thread. I just picked out the people that made suggestions and added their 2 cents.

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
Its off center and the avatar is missing. Too bad im not an HTML freak. *x42bn6*

Crookedfoot

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
In the immortal words of Bart Simpson. "I didn't do it"

See if these will work for buttons.

The #3 example may work best, set next to each other, they would look linked together to form your own border.