Xel'naga the fathers of the protoss and the zerg.

dP

Member!
Reaction score
WOW is world of warcraft, and zealot shut the **** up. stop posting 1 word replies.

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
The manual suggested that the complete Xel'Naga race was decimated, but Blizzard will probably say that a few survived to add a twist to the plot.

The Xel'Naga is also a serene and benevolent race. I dont think that they were militaristic and/or overly concerned with conflict, so they probably wouldn't have developed any advaned weaponry. They were more concerned with science and progressing their genetic dream.

Since it took the Overmind 60 years to travel from the destroyed Xel'Naga fleet at the Zerg homeworld to the Protoss homeworld, that wouldn't be enough time for the Xel'Naga to reproduce.

I think the hybrid race is almost gauranteed, what with the secret BW level.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
it is quite possible that xel naga come as a race or not.

to attempt to prove this, look at the past trends.

Wc3 and Sc both end where the bad guys win. Lich King Arthas and Kerrigan the zerg queen are last campaigns found in the two games.

wc3 has one more race than sc does, but sc had one more race than wc2. so sc2 will probably have 1 more race than wc3 did. which points to the possible xel naga and hybrid races to make 5 races in sc2.

The two new races in wc3 were off shoots of the old two races. nightelves are elves, and elves were in wc2 as well a had a little bit of a history. The undead race has death knight and skeletons in their race, and they came out of the old death knight and skeletons found in wc2.

so what im trying to get at is, there will probably be 2 new races in sc2. Xel Naga and hybrids would make a lot of sense.

but....I want to see android! muahhaha

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: Re: Xel'naga the fathers of the protoss and the zerg.

Originally posted by Lord Folken
well they are barly if u read the manual onl a few survivers
I read the manual. But they do reproduce dot they? they could have cloned themselves or something to increase numbers.

rune_warrior

Member!
Reaction score
There either won't be the Xel Naga and it will be something completely different,(the ones Duran said to have served) or the Xel Naga have become evil or at least militaristic because if there are Xel Naga unless they want to throw off the balance by having 6 races, they will have to say Duran is a Xel Naga. And as you can tell from brood war, Duran is twisted and evil which backs up the Xel Naga changing or Duran could just be a complete loner and I am a fool.

thegrim_reaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
what if the xel'naga are militiristic but they just dont know how to fight?

i guess then they could take over enemy units using dt like things.. or the actual xel'naga could just be peon units and they could be used to make units from zerg an protoss... just a thought

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Just a minor though;

They keep the same 3 races, but put in game PC controlled races (ala Naga from WC3) in it, which would be Xel Naga or Hybrids, or both, or hey, some completely new race.

Maybe some completely new race threatens the galaxy and the Terran Protoss and Zerg all must fight together? :rolleyes