Why do people think hippo even stand up to gargs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Look I can end the entire ****ing debate.

Some races might have advantages over others, when you have four races you can't balance everything for everyone. It just won't work, so what if a good ud player can almost always beat an equal ne, a good human can almost always beat an equal ud...

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Theroy
I don't think it's possible to kill gargs in stone form before they fly away again.

Personally I think hippo riders are the worst air unit in the game. 4 food alot of gold.. little to no damage the total for one plus the food almost = a chim
290 gold, 30 wood, 765 hp, 1 armor average dps of 23 dmg, 350 speed.

wyverns 265 gold, 40 wood, 570hp 0 armor, average dps 23, 320 speed.

for 25 extra gold, and 10 less wood, hipporiders are better than wyverns. Not to mention wyverns can't dismount the orc riding them, effectively turning the air unit into the best air anti-air with the archer now firing with ground support.

Chi

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Waveryn have a 40 avg. But if you mass waveryn on mass hippo riders you're a noob. You'd do that? How many bats does it take to take out all the hippo riders (hippo riders cost more gold and more food then waveryn and take longer to make and can't get venom upgrade)? 4 to take out 7 riders? About that. How much xp does the orc get alot how much does the NE get? None. If NightElf had bats I wouldn't be complaining about gargs imbalance now would I? Hunts need web.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Theroy
Waveryn have a 40 avg. But if you mass waveryn on mass hippo riders you're a noob. You'd do that? How many bats does it take to take out all the hippo riders (hippo riders cost more gold and more food then waveryn and take longer to make and can't get venom upgrade)? 4 to take out 7 riders? About that. How much xp does the orc get alot how much does the NE get? None. If NightElf had bats I wouldn't be complaining about gargs imbalance now would I? Hunts need web.
they deal 40 avg damage, but the high attack cooldown means they deal roughly 23 damage per second, which is easier to calculate the damage they can inflict over time.

And I was comparing the two, did I say mass hipp vs mass wyvern blah blah blah u read to much into things.

BTW hippo doesnt cost MORE food, they both cost the same food.

archers also have a build time of 20, and hippos 40. u can get 2 archers out ready to mount a hippo. wyverns havea build tiem of 40. meaning its only a 5 se difference. OMG!

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting.. I always thought, Warden;s FoK owns Gargs... as well as TAlons + 3 mgs + archers combo...

Oh hero nuke? You do have anti pots and healing pots, and scroll on the second hero right? talons can do FF on heros and gargs, mgs can keep on taunting, archers rape Gargs, than focus on heros, Warden learns lvl 1 SS for hero killing later on, till then Warden stays away from battle and tries to use FoK on Gargs.

I think NE is fully capable of beating Gargs + ghouls + hero nukle from UD,

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
Originally posted by DN)Knives
But if you get Hippo riders, and then dismount. So, if you factor in those two skils. Like I said, it is pretty much balanced, and comes down to micro.
Thats absolutely idiotic what you've just said.. sorry.

Gargs = 2 food
hippo-riders= 4

20 food of gargs= 10 gargs
20 food of hippos = 5 hippos + 5 archers

what happens if you dismount?. archers will get owened by nova (they are only 5 anyway) and 5 hippos will never win against 10 gargs.

DN)Knives

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lets see... Orcs have Raiders with Ensnare, Fiends have Web. So it seems to me like NE and HU are the odd ones out on ground to air. Sure, NE has Archers, but most air units will own archers. What the NE needs is another unit, like a hunt, who can ensnare a flying unit to the ground, and then attack it.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Lets see... Orcs have Raiders with Ensnare, Fiends have Web. So it seems to me like NE and HU are the odd ones out on ground to air. Sure, NE has Archers, but most air units will own archers. What the NE needs is another unit, like a hunt, who can ensnare a flying unit to the ground, and then attack it.
I agree with that that way I can counter that stuff! Human have Aireal shackle which is great it basically kills any flying unit. But giving NightElf something like that would make them useful and that's imbalanced

DN)Knives

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
and it's like...Really, why can't Hunts attack air? They throw their weapons, so why can't they just throw it up into the air to attack the air units?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by N_
Interesting.. I always thought, Warden;s FoK owns Gargs... as well as TAlons + 3 mgs + archers combo...

Oh hero nuke? You do have anti pots and healing pots, and scroll on the second hero right? talons can do FF on heros and gargs, mgs can keep on taunting, archers rape Gargs, than focus on heros, Warden learns lvl 1 SS for hero killing later on, till then Warden stays away from battle and tries to use FoK on Gargs.

I think NE is fully capable of beating Gargs + ghouls + hero nukle from UD,
ring ring

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
and it's like...Really, why can't Hunts attack air? They throw their weapons, so why can't they just throw it up into the air to attack the air units?
that would be a balance nightmare. Pretty much, there would be no balance at all. Ne would truley have no reason to move to tier 2

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by N_
ring ring
Getting hardned skin is needed with mg's or gouls will own them. That's tier 3 I would like to know where to get the resorces for three mg's at 7 food each AOW and tier 3 well undead can stay in no upkeep whole game and you go in low as soon as you get that first mg. So that one nova and the gouls can kill your whole back line? Don't say taunt because everyone knows how long that lasts. Hunts + Archers warden with panda is best counter and you're still going to take a lot of heat because well the undead creeps you're going to have a bunch of gargs in your base killing 120 hp (?) wisps. or goul harass's your expo so you have to tp in lose all your wisps and maybe a moon well. A tier 3 upgrade for hunts web would put an end to that even if it could only work on gargs (And bats :D) would be all I needed to stop that bs.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Level: 2
Cost: 160 20 2
Unit Type: Normal
Attack Type: Normal
Weapon Type: Normal
Armor Type: Unarmored
Armor: 0 (6*)
Ground Attack: None

*(#) = Stats when fully upgraded
Air Attack: 53.5 avg (67 avg*)
Cooldown: 1.05
Hit Points: 525
Health Regeneration: Night
Mana: None
Mana Regeneration: N/A
Range: Melee
Day Sight: 160

Night Sight: 80 (160*)
Speed: Very Fast (400)
Build Time: 40
Trained At: Ancient of Wind
Requirements: None
Production Hot Key: H

thats the hyppo

Level: 2
Cost: 185 30 2
Unit Type: Normal
Attack Type: Pierce/Normal
Weapon Type: Missile/Normal
Armor Type: Unarmored
Armor: 3 (9*)
Ground Attack: 19.5 avg (27 avg*)

*(#) = Stats when fully upgraded
Air Attack: 65.5 avg (82 avg*)
Cooldown: 2.2/1.4
Hit Points: 410
Health Regeneration: Blight
Mana: None
Mana Regeneration: N/A
Range: 30/Melee
Day Sight: 160

Night Sight: 80
Speed: Fast (350)
Build Time: 35
Trained At: Crypt
Requirements: Graveyard, Halls of the Dead
Production Hot Key: A

and thats the garg

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
This was debated two patches ago incase you guys couldn't tell.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
And this thread was dead over one year ago.

Simply put, Hippos fly faster and engage in combat more faster than gargs. But Gargs do more damage and they have equal attack speed. Also, consider the player bringing fiends with gargs. Gargs have to send out cutters while Hippos can capitalize of thier ground attacking with peck, scratch and biting.

CLosed for bumping.

Status
Not open for further replies.