Why do people think hippo even stand up to gargs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DN)Knives

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hippogryph:Attack speed:1.05 Melee Does 53.5-67 Damage
525 Life

Gargoyle:Attack Speed: 2.2 Does 65.5-82 Damage.
410 Life

These are the basic stats, and the Garg has more attack damage, that is only advantage. BUT a Hipp attacks 2 times faster. So a Hipp can do...
107-124 damage in the time a garg does 65.5-82

Also, Hipps have more life, so gargoyles have to attack more to kill one.

Seems to me like a hipp would own a gargoyle. Maybe it is just some people don't use them right. =/

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Goddamn you are stupid wtf is the armor diffrence? and the tri hero's are accounted for vamp or unholy = GG hippo. Not only that they can turn into statues. and can ****ing attack ground.

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
*OT* Where do you look to find the attack speed of a unit?

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by DN)Knives
"These are the basic stats"

It's pretty obvious you didn't read that part.
When did starting armor not become a basic stat?

Thorns is by far the worst aura in the game it's not worth the point unless in a 4v4 game then it might be worth the point over entangle or the treants. MIGHT

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Xenoce
*OT* Where do you look to find the attack speed of a unit?
go to www.battle.net/war3 under units, look for stats and whatever is labeled as "cooldown" you can determine the attack speed. The higher it is, (usualy between .5 seconds and 2.5 seconds) the slower they attack.

To find the average damage per second a unit deals, you divide the damage by the attack cooldown. that is the average damage per second they deal. so really, damage does not matter, its the amount they can inflict in a certain time frame.

If a frostwyrm and a gargoyle were to have the same attack speed, it would be a much clsoer match, cuase a frost wyrm deals high damage but has a large attack cooldown.

That is why Hippo, though has a smaller attack is able to do more damage to a garg even though a garg has higher damage.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
a panda alone can take out a fleet of gargs so STFU Noobelf
Since when panda is a NE hero and since when all maps have a tavern?

I dunno what happened to you pan but, every time i stop around and i see what you say, i find it the most unbelievable stupid shit ever.

and panda is a hard pick as first hero... he is similar with TC. he creeps hard and because of that he lvls up hard. Come on... common sense! where the hell did it went?

You should bring in discussion 'native' NE units .. not some neutral shit everyone can hire. Plus UD have 2 aoe spells CS and nova while FOK is prolly the shittiest aoe in the game, not to mention WD will never survive the second nova.

Hippos are in some conditions better than gargs but as an overall mark gargs are more well rounded.
And i agree Thorn aura is the worst aura in the game ever since it got transformed into %.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
You thumb down all non-tavern maps (qhich is do-able) so stop crying.

I can get pretty much an even level with my panda as creeping DL. Panda is an amazing hero. You just need to be able to use him.

how often do you see CS and nova together? More often its DK/ lich. if u wanted CS with that u need a third hero, which is still tier 3 and 400+ more gold.
Nova is great, except it has an incredibly small AOE, where the FOK will pretty much do the full damage potential, nova can't do that unless ur stupid enough to clump your units together.

WD also has an anti-magic potion, and there are things called health potions, and there are invul potions at shop. Then there is also the option of getting a DH, wth mana burn, and getting warden second. mana burn means no nova

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by Pan
Then there is also the option of getting a DH, wth mana burn, and getting warden second. mana burn means no nova
What!!? Undead shops don't sell mana potions?? Statues no longer replenish mana? Mana burn dosen't have a cool down time? Wow I missed these changes :(

DN)Knives

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ditto. Maybe a level 3 mana burn could do the trick, but I highly doubt it. Also, I think, that hipps and gargs are fairly balanced. It mostly comes down to micro. Hipps are MUCH faster than gargs, so if the NE player can micro right, then they could probably win. Also, if the UD targets one unit at a time, make that unit fly around, so the gargs keep trying to attack it, and meanwhile the hipps peck away at the gargs.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
You're probably right hipps can take gargs but when you include the undead aura's gargs own the hipps unholy makes it so hipps no longer get full advantage with nova going off sinse hipps clump. I should've made the thread more clear. But yeah 10 on 10 no hero's hippos would win. But that dosen't happen to often.

DN)Knives

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
True, but some people don't get Auras with UD, which is a stupid thing to do. Nova could help gargs alot too.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
once again u come back to countering a hero spell with an item?
level 5 DH can run in burn 150 mana for the lost ocst of 50mana, and what are you going to use a 200 gold mana potion to counter a hero spell. Every two manaburns means u have to spend 200 gold to get it back. u can also do it every 5 secodns, a DK can coil every 7.

Statues? don't make me laugh. 3 mana per/sec on a hero. takes a full minute to regenerate 180 mana.

All unholy aura does is increase movement speed, hippo still attack faster, and hippo should still win. Not to mention if u get a fight out of the UD base at night, those gargs with a level 3 unholy aura will only be regenearteing 1.5hp/sec, and a Ne hippo can regenrate 2 hp/sec at night.
If you let them get tri-hero, for vamp and nova, you seriously need to quit warcraft. seriously

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
lets chill out guys a little no need to start any hatred.

well, if you actually do watch good UD player you'll see 3 heroes in an undead army is pretty standard. against NE, if the NE has more archers he will pick CL, if he masses more hippos he will go for DL and CS.
sad fact but the truth.

Pan... gargs will win as Theory said they attack both air and ground while hippos attack only air. Stone form the hurt-ed garg (magic immune, awesome, amour fast regen)

and another thing you didn't get it. I DON'T WANT to depend on a tavern map.. I want a NE ONLY way to counter it. EACH race should have a proper counter to everything. In that case it doesn't. UD nuke was always a problem... no matter how much they try to nerf it.

My opinion Nerfing it isn't the way but allowing you to counter it more effective.

that 7 sec AMS (or whatever length it has now) is not enough.. that pot is shitty when coil+ nova does far more damage than you can heal, plus the cool down. while the coil has a 6 sec cool down the health potion is a lot longer.

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
1 hippo vs 1 garg, 3/3 upgrades, hippo wins. more HP, and attack speed, and move speed as well. Any other factors are human factors and can be controlled by the players.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
Originally posted by BluddLuSt4Life
1 hippo vs 1 garg, 3/3 upgrades, hippo wins. more HP, and attack speed, and move speed as well. Any other factors are human factors and can be controlled by the players.
1v1 garg=> stone form.. full HP and then fight the hippo again. if you say hippo still wins its something wrong with you.

DN)Knives

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
But if you get Hippo riders, and then dismount. So, if you factor in those two skils. Like I said, it is pretty much balanced, and comes down to micro.

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
1v1 garg=> stone form.. full HP and then fight the hippo again. if you say hippo still wins its something wrong with you.

Any other factors are human factors and can be controlled by the players
I rest my case? Anyways, big garg vs hippo battles are often too chaotic to use stoneform effectivly, and it does have a cooldown, move in some ranged and kill it before it can fly away again.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by Pan
once again u come back to countering a hero spell with an item?
Correct me if I'm wrong

Originally posted by Pan
WD also has an anti-magic potion, and there are things called health potions, and there are invul potions at shop.
I'm pretty sure thoes are items too that you were reffering to prevent a nuke.? But heck I'm probably wrong thoes are abilities.

Originally posted by BluddLuSt4Life
I rest my case? Anyways, big garg vs hippo battles are often too chaotic to use stoneform effectivly, and it does have a cooldown, move in some ranged and kill it before it can fly away again.
I don't think it's possible to kill gargs in stone form before they fly away again.

Originally posted by DN)Knives
But if you get Hippo riders, and then dismount. So, if you factor in those two skils. Like I said, it is pretty much balanced, and comes down to micro.
Personally I think hippo riders are the worst air unit in the game. 4 food alot of gold.. little to no damage the total for one plus the food almost = a chim

Status
Not open for further replies.