Ultimate Router Help FAQ

intel

Premium Member
Reaction score
i got a smartlink router,, how can i open that port?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Hmm, smart link....I don't know if I can help you there. Like I said, go into your manual and look up their support site. Go there and find out how to configure the router.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Like it says above...go to the main site that made your router. Or call SMC tech support. There are no plans to add SMC routers to this faq.

Dags

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well at lest give me a clue?

this is what i did,
1 i went to setup
2 went to miscellanueous
3 In dmz it says 192. 168. 2 |___| (i have to fill in the blank)
4 i go to dos and type ipconfig, i get my Ip Address 192.168.2.36
5 i fill in the blank for dmz host with the 36 and click enable and press enter.

i also closed the external xp firewall so i know its not blocking

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Enabling the DMZ is one way to do it, however, it is not recommended. What you did should actually work, but it leaves your computer completely open to the internet. I suggest forwarding port 6112, in special apps or port forwarding. Like I said, it is almost impossible to help you when I don't know what the router config even looks like.

D

DragonSlayerIV

Yea...that FAG dont work...i have a Linksys router. i did exactly what it said and i still cant host...well i can, but its off and on, and sometimes when it like starts to load...ya know in warcraft 3 when all the green things turn green telling everyone that its done and ready to be played, but it doesnt go. OR it dosetn let me host all...Or sumtimes it works perfectly! This is really ticking me off,becasuse when the things all trun green, i have to restart warcraft and it says that its not responding`.:mad:

I have port triggered, i have port forwarded, i have posted at the B.net Forums and i still cannot fix this problem!!
WHAT ELSE IS THIER TO DO????????????????????????

ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P

PsHyCo

Ok i tryed the link but it dosent seem to work becuse there is no battle net icon on the site......:(

P

PsHyCo

OK the d-link dosent seem to work becuse there is no battle net icon or something like that the only thing i found is some wisard for setting up admin password......

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Ok, the link I have in the FAQ might not work correctly for certain Dlink routers. This link should work, but you need to go do some extra searching around:

http://192.168.0.1/

First click on the advanced tab, then click on the "special applications" button on the left. It should take you to a panel with all this stuff. There should be a list of stuff on there, Battle.net might be listed as one. If it is, then just enable it.

About linksys routers...I don't have one. That is the problem, I don't phisically own one, so I can't even help you guys very much with them. Click on the link that brings you to their support site to get help you can rely on. That is why I put the links in there.

Y

yoke

Help pls ;)

I enabled port 6112, i have a sitecom xdsl/cable router pro (includes switch, and a firewall protection) eeeuhm, I still can't host games. Now what, pls help

EDIT: Incoming Protocol = UDP
Outgoing Protocol = TCP

Y

yoke

Euuhmm, no I checked verything, i don't have XP firewall set and I have only 1 computer connected to B.Net @ the moment

EDIT: Maybe it has to do something with the "Filters"?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Possibly.....mess around with it a bit...that is what I do when something is broken. :D

GotCraftian

Member!
Reaction score
hey i tried the website and it didnt work.... :-( i wanna host games so bad... mines linksys

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by æ,WªŸ§_ØÑ
hey i tried the website and it didnt work.... :-( i wanna host games so bad... mines linksys
Like I have said numerous times, I don't have linksys. I can't help you very much at all because I don't know what the Linksys GUI even looks like. Go to there support site and you should find some stuff:

www.linksys.com

xlxlx

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hey i hope you can help me, because i cant good speak english ..

ok i have a netgaer router and i am on the step where i must klick on advanced, but then ... on the left menue i cant find "prot forwed" or something like that ...

i have a pic with the left menue can you please tell me what point on the menue is it ?!