• Lich

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It reminds me when FS/TC seemed to rule over most players, but that changed into FS/BM. However, this is BM/TC, though I've never expected that to really be feasible. The DK is strong enough, and the CL means that it'll be just that little bit stronger.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Too bad it negates the nice DK/Lich combo, and therefore 2/3 of the Triple Nuke. Still, haven't strongly tested the CL yet, though first expectations are like, wow?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I like to use the DK and CL alot. The triple hero "triple nuke" you call it, is fine without the lich, although isn't as effective.

I particularly like the CL with statues, because when you can repeatedly impale enemies and coil them you got a strong group. And I like the carrion beatles the CL provides since you can burrow them and use them as a scout of the map. see enemies movements for free, unlike a shade that costs 90. And we cant forget that the DK can use seath pact on the carrion beatles, serving another purpose.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I never thought of that, Pan. Death Pact on Beetles..... could be deadly. But with the Lich gone, there isn't much left to Coil unless you wanna throw stuff at fast heroes that could run away anyway.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
fool, the CL has impale. so in the end if they run, or even in a fight, you throw a level 3 coil then impale. then coil again with impale. it is just as good as nova, even since it stuns instead of just slows.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, thanks to the Statues, Coil can be more heavily employed as an offensive weapon. Good news for the Undead, bad news for the others. Still, chucking in a Lich doesn't harm you at all. The cooldown for healing items actually makes the Undead's already formidable (and further enhanced) healing abilities that much better.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
The Statues don't heal fast enough. A Ghoul at 25 health isn't going to surfvive 5 HP increase a second while fighting a Hero. He needs a blast of 300 HP, that's the reason you use him.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I once made the mistake of placing too much faith in the healing abilities of the Statues by going CL/DL/Lich. Very powerful crowd control, but one problem: neither the DL or the Lich are capable of surviving focus fire without a DK. Something that slipped my mind, but did not slip my enemy's. I lost the DL and the Lich an embarrassing 6 times total, because no matter how much I danced away, the focus fire was just too much.

Despite the formidable army healing abilities of the Statues, keep in mind that army units rarely take focus fire. Heroes, on the other hand, do. That's where the DK steps in. The DK is capable of negating that focus fire quite rapidly through the use of Coil. 'Nuff said.

Even if you didn't need the healing, the DK can still boost the speed of your army, and can be employed as a powerful sniper. At 300 damage, he can hit any target harder with a single attack than any of the other Undead heroes can. In fact, the only one with a sniping attack of that caliber is the MK with a level 3 Bolt, and the DK is still capable of hurling the Coil more times in a single sitting (Coil's 5 second cooldown vs Bolt's 8 second cooldown), and the DK's mana is better able to handle it, especially with the Statues' ability to heal mana.

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well im figuring u were talknig about roc but in Tft i get dk every signle time mstly because the death coil for eitehr taking down escaping heros with low health or healign my ghouls ripping my oponents to shreds

FBI(sphere)

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by The Lich King
merely because of the nova and the vampiric aura. i cant choose which!
lol u cant choose even tho ur name is the lich king and ur pic is of the lich...noob

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
This is such an old thread. It is against forum rules to bring REALLY old posts like this back to the top. This is classified as bumping, and thus the topic will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.